» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 11-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #11
aleithauser
Speedy Claxton

Bike: '07 R6
Send a message via AIM to aleithauser
Re: Moving Forward. The time truly is now

It is a great clip.. and truly a gigantic kick in the dick for all those who are too blind to realize the truth of what he's saying. I would agree that most people walk around taking for granted the fact that they live here, and think everything is honkey dory when its not.

Its been a couple months since I've seen this clip, thanks for the reminder.

Edit: the look on the "sorority girls" face says it all
aleithauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #12
babymilo36
Chinese Immigrant

Bike: Specialized Allez Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
It should NOT be humbling. It should be embarrassing. It should be inspiring. It should give us reason to put aside petty differences and focus on truly moving forward.
Humbling as in many of us are prideful in which we think that America is indeed the greatest out there when in reality, it isn't. Like you said, it should humble people to put aside petty differences and focus on truly moving forward.

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #13
Ryan5544
Suk it, Lee

Pretty good clip.
Ryan5544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #14
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
Humbling as in many of us are prideful in which we think that America is indeed the greatest out there when in reality, it isn't. Like you said, it should humble people to put aside petty differences and focus on truly moving forward.
...productively...

If only this country could be more like this forum... People helping people achieve an ultimate goal... Whether it be through knowledge as we all share with each other, or even the deals we strike with each other... I've sent numerous items at the cost of shipping to those that needed them just to help them out. Had the same done for me as well... This forum is what helps me keep faith in society... One day things will change... It just seems like people need the shock of being so far in the hole before they are willing to actively do something to change the outcome, and by then, we're so far behind, the process is that much more strenuous... Where as if it were addressed now, the outcome would not only take less time, but overall be easier... It seems like we'll need to find ourselves so deep in a hole, that it'll seem there's no getting out, before anything is done...

Like this national debt?! Jebus... Think we have a problem that needs to be addressed?

Like I said, it seems like until the problem is at YOUR front door, nobody is concerned with it... sadly enough...
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #15
Jdawson2012
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R6 Candy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
After one of what seems to have been one of the most divisive elections in recent time, we all face a future together, regardless of who we voted for. I may not like who we have chosen to lead, and I may not be alone, but I'd like to bring attention to something important. The concept of we is important. The concept of unity. The concept of us. We have the ability to foster change. We can remedy societal ills. We can do many things, many amazing things, and while we can point to successes like putting a rover on Mars and building amazing cities, we haven't been able to solve some of the most basic issues, ones that are far greater in significance.

Am I to truly, whole-heartedly believe that the American spirit is being lost to a culture of apathy, where we give more of a fcuk about the next Iphone release date than doing our part to make sure our children are properly educated to face an ever more difficult world. Are we so far gone that we spend our efforts to watch Kim Kardashian on TV instead of doing our part to help keep our neighborhoods safe and clean?

This great nation has provided many opportunities to my family, friends, neighbors, and countrymen. We have collectively squandered countless opportunities in the name of instant self gratification, and the end result has not sustained us as the country we once were. This election is over, but at this time in our lives, we have a chance to do something remarkable, something that has been taken for granted and wasted. We have the chance to seize the opportunity to return America to its place at the top. All it takes is some will, some faith, and some work, or maybe more correctly, some working together.

I will leave you with the following clip. I have posted it before, but please, take the few minutes to watch it and let it sink in. We have become a nation of complacent watchers rather than ambitious doers. America is not the greatest country in the world anymore.....but it could be.
QFT if only more in our country would realize this. I for one and ashamed of my generation. Because they don't take the time to educate themselves and often times just go by what all their friends and/or parents say and take it as the truth. Is it that hard to get online and do a little reading? or maybe even take a few quizzes that they have to see who you agree on most stances.

I remember you posting that video before and it is still one of the best spoken things I have heard/seen in a long time. People seem to act just like we are still the world's greatest power and it will stay that way without any effort
Jdawson2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #16
Ryan5544
Suk it, Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
...productively...

If only this country could be more like this forum... People helping people achieve an ultimate goal... Whether it be through knowledge as we all share with each other, or even the deals we strike with each other... I've sent numerous items at the cost of shipping to those that needed them just to help them out. Had the same done for me as well... This forum is what helps me keep faith in society... One day things will change... It just seems like people need the shock of being so far in the hole before they are willing to actively do something to change the outcome, and by then, we're so far behind, the process is that much more strenuous... Where as if it were addressed now, the outcome would not only take less time, but overall be easier... It seems like we'll need to find ourselves so deep in a hole, that it'll seem there's no getting out, before anything is done...

Like this national debt?! Jebus... Think we have a problem that needs to be addressed?

Like I said, it seems like until the problem is at YOUR front door, nobody is concerned with it... sadly enough...
Absolutely. But, again, I think this is something that goes hand in hand, with what this video is saying, and what Steph has said.

This is an issue that needs to be solved by everyone as a whole. The moral thing - Individuals taking advantage of the system, plays a large roll in the debt, wouldn't you agree?

The debt is the debt. Yes, it's.. A lot, but you can count on 1 hand, the countries that aren't in debt. It's a necessary evil.

It's just going to continue to get out of control, unless people can start taking responsibly for their own actions, and to quote the video, ''act like men'', again. It's going to take a hella long time, and maybe never, if people can't start living for the other person, so to speak.

It doesn't sit in 1 persons hands.

That's the only real opinion I have an any of it, so that's all I can comment on.
Ryan5544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #17
KBkilla
slouche

Bike: 2012 R6

ITT OP makes an excellent post, and I agree with everything he says. If only people cared more about the well being of our future than they did about the NFL and NBA. We would still be the greatest nation in the world.
KBkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #18
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBkilla View Post
ITT OP makes an excellent post, and I agree with everything he says. If only people cared more about the well being of our future than they did about the NFL and NBA. We would still be the greatest nation in the world.
Sad truth is sad but true.
redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #19
OCR6714
1 wheel R6

Bike: 05 R6, 07 R6
Well stated Red!

Seen this coming lol Great clip! the show is awesome and we really do need to educate ourselves about where our faults are to take corrective measures and realign this nation with the path to greatness and I'm not talking about watching the bias news channels but taking the time to actually read what you are voting for instead of "twatting" or face booking that you voted!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #20
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCR6714 View Post
Well stated Red!

Seen this coming lol Great clip! the show is awesome and we really do need to educate ourselves about where our faults are to take corrective measures and realign this nation with the path to greatness and I'm not talking about watching the bias news channels but taking the time to actually read what you are voting for instead of "twatting" or face booking that you voted!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Agree. Its truly sad that an educated voter has the same value as someone who goes and votes with zero knowledge of the things they vote on. Simple things like redistricting have DRAMATIC effects, yet how many people that just voted have any clue as to what it is and how it affects them. And that's just one of MANY simple concepts that leads to extreme complexity in terms of politicking.

The will to become educated is more important now than it ever was, regardless of whether you have an obamaphone or are making $10k bets with Mitt. Politicians thrive on stupid, suggestable voters.
redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement