Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ - Page 121 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Exhaust and fuel delivery

Old 11-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #1201
OhioYJ
I eat my R6

Re: Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ

I don't like trying their new software anymore.... last time that happened I couldn't get rid of the bugs it caused my ECM for months. My bike runs pretty good, I'm tired of being the guiena pig, especially with the way they've been going with software updates.

I didn't realize you could go up to 50/50 on seafoam, I know I've run a pretty strong solution of through a motor once though just letting a vaccum line suck it in, and it clouded up the driveway real quick.
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #1202
toysareforboys
Two Bro's=ORGASM *nohomo*

Bike: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
I don't like trying their new software anymore.... last time that happened I couldn't get rid of the bugs it caused my ECM for months. My bike runs pretty good, I'm tired of being the guiena pig, especially with the way they've been going with software updates.

I didn't realize you could go up to 50/50 on seafoam, I know I've run a pretty strong solution of through a motor once though just letting a vaccum line suck it in, and it clouded up the driveway real quick.
I know how you feel Ohio I love how my bike runs right now too, hauls ass all over and idles like a dream! The only thing I hate is the anti-stall, when in stop and go traffic.

I e-mailed the seafoam peeps to ask how much I could actually put in the fuel, because I didn't want to suck it through a vaccum line, and they said on high compression engines you can run 50/50, on "regular" gasoline engines they recommend no more than 35% seafoam.

Sure does smell funny. I'm not sure how much of the 1L of seafoam/fuel mixture I've burned off but I'm debating putting in another .5L bottle of seafoam and see how she does

-Jamie M.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #1203
dosydos
You don't say that

Bike: 2012 R6 Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
After getting three nails in my back tire the shop told me about this trick: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/320915942561?var=510066815671

One of those hanging from the front of the bottom of the fairing and one of those handing from my the bottom of the rear of my fairing and I have to clean a few nails off them every week! Haven't got a nail in my tire in over a YEAR of riding with those!!

I used plastic bolts (they were called plastic license plate bolts with plastic nuts) and hung the magnets with high strength fishing line so they hang just above the ground, works sweet, and as a bonus, triggers every single traffic light you pull up to perfectly!

-Jamie M.
thanks for the idea. Im going to give this a try next season! magnets are certainly more cheaper than new tires!
dosydos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #1204
OhioYJ
I eat my R6

Heads up:

I've shipped all the ECUs I've recieved this week, if you haven't already shipped your ECU by today, don't ship one to me without sending me a PM, getting ready to go out of town.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #1205
veck
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2007 R6 - 2009 R1

I loaded up the new software today to look at the changes and updated maps and the first thing I noticed was how different the throttle maps are. The race throttle map looks less agressive than the factory stock map.
veck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #1206
gonzotheman
I eat my R6

Bike: 1981 CX500C 2012 Blue R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
Another update to the FlashTune software, 1 Nov 2012.

- Added 2012 Yamaha R6 specific mapping
- Added "Flash ETV only" and "Flash FI only" routines
- Added gear dependent Ycct Mapping to Type1 models
- Modified PC import for current image AND proportioning
- Formatted Ycct maps to #.# for more precise adjustment
- Advanced idle speed scaling revised to +#.#
- ETV Engine braking adjustment revised
- Reduced default map count for faster downloads
- Fixed multiple UI and performance bugs
Hold the phone!... 2012 ECU's are now flashable? Mine was one of the unlucky units Anthony attempted to flash...
gonzotheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:38 AM   #1207
OhioYJ
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzotheman View Post
Hold the phone!... 2012 ECU's are now flashable? Mine was one of the unlucky units Anthony attempted to flash...
No they just added maps specifically for the 2012. I don't think they changed the way it flashes them. You could try sending it in again, but I think you are still out of luck.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #1208
OhioYJ
I eat my R6

I did get back in town tonight, so anyone that was waiting to ship an ECM, can ship them now.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #1209
Tropicoz
I eat my R6

I've been screwing around with my tuner getting to know it before I get the bike back together and I've noticed that every map the flashtuner has preinstalled only provides 100% throttle from @9,000rpm and beyond. Unlike the maps our forums members have developed which enable 100% from as early as 6,000 rpm. Are the flashtune guys just being conservative here? Another thing I've noticed is that when I open an earlier map (one with a 6,000 rpm 100%) throttle, the software asks whether I want to open it using the latest parameters (or something like that). If I agree, it adjusts the map automatically to a 9,000rpm 100% mapping. I have a 2010 fwiw. My goal is to load a decent map and allow the Bazzaz AFM do the rest. From what I've read, I could flash one of their preloaded maps and fine tune it with the AFM? Would I get better results utilizing a better flash from the start?
Thank you Jamie and Ohio for doing alot of the development work BTW.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #1210
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicoz View Post
I've been screwing around with my tuner getting to know it before I get the bike back together and I've noticed that every map the flashtuner has preinstalled only provides 100% throttle from @9,000rpm and beyond. Unlike the maps our forums members have developed which enable 100% from as early as 6,000 rpm. Are the flashtune guys just being conservative here? Another thing I've noticed is that when I open an earlier map (one with a 6,000 rpm 100%) throttle, the software asks whether I want to open it using the latest parameters (or something like that). If I agree, it adjusts the map automatically to a 9,000rpm 100% mapping. I have a 2010 fwiw. My goal is to load a decent map and allow the Bazzaz AFM do the rest. From what I've read, I could flash one of their preloaded maps and fine tune it with the AFM? Would I get better results utilizing a better flash from the start?
Thank you Jamie and Ohio for doing alot of the development work BTW.
It's ideal to use the zfi and AFM to tune after the flash. 6k is a bit early. Let it start to build up to 100% starting around 6500. Try to make yourself a "linear map" as I think it's been called in this thread.

Don't go overboard on the ignition advance either.

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement