Buddy of mine ran from Georgia State Patrol on a GSXR 600 and lost! - Page 8 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 11-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #71
BigShepp
Tron has corrupted me

Bike: 2005 R6 Raven "Deimos"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007R6carbonfiber View Post
State Patrol was being a lot more risky that charger would do a lot more damage than that little gsxr to others.
So first things first. That police officer likely had a good bit of training in high speed pursuits, enough so that he could pull that particular one off. Cop was trained to do that, your buddy wasn't. You have to understand that cars are built to transfer their momentum in a crash much better than a bike. A bike has no crumple zones, so it transfers far more of its momentum to the other vehicle. Also, the rider is not fastened to the bike, so now you've created a person sized missile aimed down the road. Sure, a car is a lot bigger and more times than not will cause more damage or be more lethal, but putting a blanket statement like you did over it is just wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Proverbs 14:23

“Faster, Faster, Until The Thrill Of Speed Overcomes The Fear Of Death.”
Hunter S. Thompson

"It wasn't until I went to college and I got my first motorcycle that I understood the thrill of speed."
Vin Diesel
BigShepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #72
2007R6carbonfiber
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Re: Buddy of mine ran from Georgia State Patrol on a GSXR 600 and lost!

I dont think your understanding what im trying to say. I posted this as a warning to those who think of attempting this. I have seen a few friends lose their lives to stupidity behind the wheel. And from the story i was told this cop was taking a huge risk consistently riding in the grass median and clearly told my friend he had hit 130mph. Now im not saying the cop was in anyway wrong that his job and an awesome one at that. I was just telling him not to be a cock and say **** my friends safety. It was dumb he got caught and will pay just dont need to hear some ass hole like thats comments. Just trying to let my fellow riders know they will generally be caught if they evade
2007R6carbonfiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #73
Jrob08r6
Ride it like you stole it

Bike: 08 r6

the ticket said 2013 wtf
Jrob08r6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #74
2007R6carbonfiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob08r6 View Post
the ticket said 2013 wtf
Yea i was wondering about that to maybe the court date
Old 11-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #75
BigShepp
Tron has corrupted me

Bike: 2005 R6 Raven "Deimos"
He said **** your friends safety in reference to the importance of other people's safety. That's why speed limits exist, to protect other people. If you wanna speed on a track and get yourself killed, that's fine, because its likely you won't be hurting anyone else. But on a public road it isn't just your life at stake. Anyone who drives recklessly and puts other people's lives in jeopardy is the real asshole here. Pretty sure that's what he meant by that statement.

Proverbs 14:23

“Faster, Faster, Until The Thrill Of Speed Overcomes The Fear Of Death.”
Hunter S. Thompson

"It wasn't until I went to college and I got my first motorcycle that I understood the thrill of speed."
Vin Diesel
BigShepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #76
2007R6carbonfiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShepp View Post
He said **** your friends safety in reference to the importance of other people's safety. That's why speed limits exist, to protect other people. If you wanna speed on a track and get yourself killed, that's fine, because its likely you won't be hurting anyone else. But on a public road it isn't just your life at stake. Anyone who drives recklessly and puts other people's lives in jeopardy is the real asshole here. Pretty sure that's what he meant by that statement.

Yeah i get what you are saying but i didnt post this to hear that. Just to inform not really hear opinions on my friends saftey. He had the rare right combo of skill and luck and no one got hurt, oh yea except him getting put to the ground like a little bitch by a GSP lol.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #77
XRayHound
Fat + S = Fast

Bike: '11 YZF-R6 '07 SV650S
Send a message via AIM to XRayHound Send a message via Yahoo to XRayHound Send a message via Skype™ to XRayHound

I hate these threads

2005 maimed and dissected YZF-R6 trackbike "Callista Atropos Onyx"
1995 AVUSblau BMW ///M3 "Reika"
2011 YZF-R6 of rebirth "Callista Persephone Onyx"
XRayHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #78
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6
Quote:
Yeah i get what you are saying but i didnt post this to hear that. Just to inform not really hear opinions on my friends saftey. He had the rare right combo of skill and luck and no one got hurt, oh yea except him getting put to the ground like a little bitch by a GSP lol.
Bro, if you post something, expect to get random answers and opinions.

It's not about what you want to hear.... More than likely you'll get the opposite reaction that you were expecting.

Plus, most people don't want to be informed about squids....we normally end up just laughing or bashing you or your friend for putting other people in danger and making the rest of us look bad. This is the Internet, expect people to voice their opinion openly, not a place for sensitive peeps.

bluerebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #79
aleithauser
Speedy Claxton

Bike: '07 R6
Send a message via AIM to aleithauser

Quote:
Yea i was wondering about that to maybe the court date
license expiration date?
aleithauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #80
S2 Studio
Y(o_o)Y

Bike: 05' R6

S2 Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement