Incredible M@xxxhole

Bike: Pasta & Rice
Re: The Arrogant Asshole Alcohol Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockBiker View Post
^^^^This x1000.

Incorrect.

n00bs.
It was at Miller for WSBK... she bought, she poured, she underestimated...

"Anal is just like riding a bicycle... Except without the seat." -Mark Spiegler

If you don't hang your balls out there and just do it, you'll never know what might have happened... -- Valentino Rossi

Unlike one made of concrete, the wall of adversity will eventually fall when we exert enough pressure. -- Max Edge

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -- James Dean

sig courtesy of the mega-talented dboyslade
MaxxxEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #82
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones

You won't be sorry if you pick that pappy van winkle up. It's really decent stuff. Also, the older w.l. Weller or larue-Weller or stitzel-Weller stuff is also very decent and a single barrelish price. I always have a handle of beam white, and a 750 or 1L of the beam rye, devil's cut, green, and black.

I really like makers mark too. Excellent for the price and easily found in any bar when you don't want jack or Jim. I'm not as impressed with the maker's 46 as I had hoped its price would suggest.

One that I just ran out of this evening that I was very pleased with, was the four roses single barrel. I was smashed when I bought it and didn't remember buying it, or going to the bevmo, but I woke up hung over and there it was among the McDonald's wrappers, beer cans and bottles, and what appeared to be a 9" long half smoked joint. That was a wild night. Anyways, opened it up and took some pulls and felt kinda bad wasting it once I tasted it. Very solid flavor and at 50%, packs a wallop for a Tuesday morning. It was similar in price to JD SB. I'd rate it a bit different than the JD. It's not necessarily better or worse, more about even, but I don't know if I like it better. I get a sense of nostalgia and a flood of fond memories when I sip the JD SB that I just don't get with the FR SB, so maybe that's why I rate them even, even if the FR SB is probably a smidge better.
redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #83
StockBiker
Make noise.

Bike: The kind with pedals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxxEdge View Post
It was at Miller for WSBK... she bought, she poured, she underestimated...

Drawing by me, sig by GIJoe007.
StockBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #84
Fallis
Meh

Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
You won't be sorry if you pick that pappy van winkle up. It's really decent stuff. Also, the older w.l. Weller or larue-Weller or stitzel-Weller stuff is also very decent and a single barrelish price. I always have a handle of beam white, and a 750 or 1L of the beam rye, devil's cut, green, and black.

I really like makers mark too. Excellent for the price and easily found in any bar when you don't want jack or Jim. I'm not as impressed with the maker's 46 as I had hoped its price would suggest.

One that I just ran out of this evening that I was very pleased with, was the four roses single barrel. I was smashed when I bought it and didn't remember buying it, or going to the bevmo, but I woke up hung over and there it was among the McDonald's wrappers, beer cans and bottles, and what appeared to be a 9" long half smoked joint. That was a wild night. Anyways, opened it up and took some pulls and felt kinda bad wasting it once I tasted it. Very solid flavor and at 50%, packs a wallop for a Tuesday morning. It was similar in price to JD SB. I'd rate it a bit different than the JD. It's not necessarily better or worse, more about even, but I don't know if I like it better. I get a sense of nostalgia and a flood of fond memories when I sip the JD SB that I just don't get with the FR SB, so maybe that's why I rate them even, even if the FR SB is probably a smidge better.
I don't think I've ever picked up the Four Roses. I see it on the shelf every time I go to the boozateria though. I'll have to give it a shot next time.

Woodford Reserve is what got me started on bourbon, and I loved it for awhile, but after trying lots of other stuff I'm kind of 'meh' on it. Elijia Craig 12-year is my steady favorite. Fighting Cock is another one I love, both because it's quite tasty for how cheap it is, and the ability to make amazing ghey jokes based on the name. "Man I can't get wait to get home tonight and get some Cock in my mouth." I'm not too big on Buffalo Trace, but the special lady likes it. It's a little too dry / bland for me.
Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #85
Tribalic One
This is bat country!

Bike: 2005 white/red R6

Quote:
So I just did back to back glug pulls off of the Sailor Jerry and the Kraken with a good tap water rinse and spit in between them and I have basically confirmed my earlier statements.

While the Kraken bests the Jerry in alcohol content by a single percent, the victories stop there, though the Jerry finishes up ever so slightly harsher with more of a dry bite to it. Otherwise though, it has a more pleasing aroma, tastes better, goes down as smooth, has better color, mixes better, and when both are on sale, the Jerry is always at least $3 cheaper....enough to buy a 2 liter of coke to mix with. It also comes in 1.75L for as little as $20, making it a solid deal that will get more than a couple people smashed.

Jerry>Kraken.
I will have to give a side by side comparison. It's been at least 6 months + since I had Sailor Jerry's. I was just recently introduced to Kraken. I'm stopping by the liquor store to stock up for a Halloween party tomorrow night. Might say fcuk it and pick up both!

Quote:
I'll bring the bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 20 year that I recently acquired, it is without question the best bourbon I have ever tasted. FCUKING VELVET smooth, that proper bourbon bite, and so good that you know its wrong to drink it any other way than straight up or with a small splash of water. The PVW series is fcuking amazing. Spendy, but amazing. I picked up this bottle for just under $100 on sale. It is truly fcuking amazing bourbon. I cant stress enough how god damn awesome it is. Is it worth literally more the twice what you pay for Single Barrel Jack? WITHOUT QUESTION. If you wanna step up to a top of the mark bourbon, look no further than the PVM20. The younger PVMs are also excellent.
I am going to have to try this out! Bourbon has always been my favorite liquor. Especially now that it's getting cold out! May have to be an early Xmas present for myself...
Tribalic One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #86
Tribalic One
This is bat country!

Bike: 2005 white/red R6

Quote:

QFT!

Makers Mark is my go to liquor. Always keep a bottle around. In my younger years, I was introduced to it on a flight to Japan. At the time, I was a huge Crown Royal drinker, which they ran out of. The stewardess suggested I try Makers Mark.

I should have married her...
Tribalic One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #87
montyr6
I eat my R6

Anyone know where to buy Glenlivet online, possibly cheaper than in stores?
montyr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #88
pickpocket293
iRun

Bike: Sold off in pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyr6 View Post
Anyone know where to buy Glenlivet online, possibly cheaper than in stores?
Booze is not like bike parts... Shipping it is illegal in most cases/states. Quit being a cheap ass and buy it at the store.

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s? HERE
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250? HERE
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer? HERE
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz? HERE
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH? HERE
  • How does rotating mass work? HERE
pickpocket293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #89
Jdawson2012
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R6 Candy Red

Anyome every try absinthe? The real shit with wormwood though

Last edited by Jdawson2012; 11-08-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Jdawson2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:53 AM   #90
Thecca
Laugh now, cry later

Bike: 03 R6, 04 Z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawson2012 View Post
Anyome every try absinthe? The real shit with wormwood though
Tried it once... or twice. Taste like black licorice. Me no like!

Last night I drank this (and made a big mistake)

Brand : Labatt Blue Dry 10.1% beer (AKA Big Ten)
Taste : Aweful
Effect : Drunk as s*it after 30 minutes
Hangover : When you work at 7am, you want to kill yourself like me this morning.

Verdict : Don't drink cheap beer, unless you want a big headache.

Old bike : YZF-R6
MJS shorty slip-on, K&N filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj-Agwa View Post
why when i put the straight pipe on a i rev it to like 5 or greater RPM the bike turns off??
Dafuq?

Last edited by Thecca; 11-09-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Thecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement