Ok so I got the carb sync tool and synced my carbs, they were pretty off and I got them really really close. I also messed with my air mixture screw a bit more. The bike was still running like crap. I took a look at my vacuum lines and made sure they were all snug, but more importantly I noticed the large line coming from the top of the airbox was routed kinda funny and where it connects to the T piece was not plugged in right. Kind of hard to explain but I switched where they were plugged in, put it all together and took it for a ride. Sucker screamed. So far so good. I'll post back when I put a few more miles on it.
This is where I found some info on vacuum lines: R6 Bogging
Last edited by sixty4bitdiabo; 03-28-2012 at 06:30 PM.
so, bike just randomly stalled again. this time it sounded like it was only on 2 or 3 cyl. took apart a bit and found the ignition coils arcing funny. cleaned them all our with rubbing alcohol and reseated them, problem has gone away yet and engine running much smoother....ugggh.
Reviving dead thread just because I started it and I want to end it. This story ends with me fixing it, I think, after repairing the coils, because it never did stall again on me again, but shortly after, it did get dropped and the tranny case cracked, so I sold it over a year ago. now I'm onto another R6, a 2001 streetfighter project.......