Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Local Scene > North East

Old 11-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #221
WildBill420
billdozer

Bike: 2011 R6
Re: Northeast Track Whore Thread 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackFiend View Post
Yeah,those are the guys I hit the track with. I might go on the 11th since I have a track credit with TPM.Im still waiting to see if anyone else is going.
Ill be there, weather looks to be real good. mid 50's by 9am and a high of 63. 5-10mph winds, clear skies and sunny.

I'm so surprised more aren't interested in riding. I remember the weather being cold last year and we still had a garage or two filled.
WildBill420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #222
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

This year is almost over. Anyone wanna post up a recap of their season?

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #223
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Kick it off...
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #224
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
Kick it off...
LOL, too much to write for me right now. HAHAHA

Cliffs:

• Spent my whole season working on specific skills, etc.
  • Started my own company BAUCE Racing
  • Didn't do as many TD's as I hoped for cause of this ^^
  • FINALLY quit worrying about trail braking everywhere, etc and rode a TD just to ride and dropped time FINALLY. Didn't hit my goals, but it was 50 out and I still got below :34.5 (my best from las year)
  • Had a couple on track incidents as well as off track crashes that SUCKED
  • Ended up running out of money to race after being hit on track by dude on S1000
  • Sponsored racer, fixed my bike, took it to AMA and put it to the test.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
Old 12-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #225
nj01_6
GSXRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
- Start off pace by 10 seconds
- Crashed in first race of the season
- Struggled all season
- Last race weekend of the season, Anthony put some Bauce Racing stickers on my bike, then someone hit a rumble strip and almost took out the back half of the amateur field and something in my head snapped, back in the 30's.
- Last TD of the year, TPM races, started on the front row, won both races. HAD to be into the 29's, but there was no beacon out
nj01_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #226
WildBill420
billdozer

2012 Recap:
1. went to jennings in january with Chiefsmokedawg and learned a whole bunch of stuff and got bumped from group 2 to 3, and crashed for my first time.
2. turned my r6 into a track whore during february and march
3. crashed the first day of the season with NJMP/absolute in the rain, last session of the first day of 3, but finished and rode the rest of the weekend.
4. Bumped to group 4 or go home
5. crashed twice in one day @ thunderbolt. concussion and a fun trip to the hospital.
6. I missed only 1 td with absolute cycle due to my concussion.
7. Did a total of 25 days and dropped my previous best lap time of a 1:42 from 2011 down to a 1:32 @ thunderbolt this year.
8. Can't wait to work on the bike over the off months and get ready for 2013!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #227
TrackFiend
Premium Member

Bike: 08 R6 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj01_6 View Post
- Struggled all season
- Last race weekend of the season, Anthony put some Bauce Racing stickers on my bike, then someone hit a rumble strip and almost took out the back half of the amateur field and something in my head snapped, back in the 30's.
- Last TD of the year, TPM races, started on the front row, won both races. HAD to be into the 29's, but there was no beacon out
What are you doing here Bob?
TrackFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #228
nj01_6
GSXRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill420 View Post
dropped my previous best lap time of a 1:42 from 2011 down to a 1:32 @ thunderbolt this year.
Excellent, Billy! You should race next year. You're gonna get to the point where you won't push yourself hard enough at trackdays to really drop time. Not saying it's not possible, but you learn a bit about yourself and your bike when there's something on the line, and you want it.

Quote:
I'm a Northeast track whore!
nj01_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #229
WildBill420
billdozer

Quote:
Excellent, Billy! You should race next year. You're gonna get to the point where you won't push yourself hard enough at trackdays to really drop time. Not saying it's not possible, but you learn a bit about yourself and your bike when there's something on the line, and you want it.

Thanks Bob, I have been thinking about racing but i love trackdays right now and i'm still learning every td so I just don't want racing to take away the love of just riding.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #230
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Quote:
- Struggled all season
Those stickers are the BUSINESS!!

Nice finish to the season Bob!! :thumbup:

Quote:
2012 Recap:
1. went to jennings in january with Chiefsmokedawg and learned a whole bunch of stuff and got bumped from group 2 to 3, and crashed for my first time.
2. turned my r6 into a track whore during february and march
3. crashed the first day of the season with NJMP/absolute in the rain, last session of the first day of 3, but finished and rode the rest of the weekend.
4. Bumped to group 4 or go home
5. crashed twice in one day @ thunderbolt. concussion and a fun trip to the hospital.
6. I missed only 1 td with absolute cycle due to my concussion.
7. Did a total of 25 days and dropped my previous best lap time of a 1:42 from 2011 down to a 1:32 @ thunderbolt this year.
8. Can't wait to work on the bike over the off months and get ready for 2013!!!
Go 4 or go home!!! That was the BEST bro!!

Quote:
What about you!!!? You ride with TPM too? Not sure if I've met you or not. I stole this thread name and idea from you guys/Bob on GDC.

Quote:

I think so too, but you gotta see how mellow it is when racing isn't your intention and just having fun is. Billy has like 50% less stress than us chasing a click here and a mm there!

Quote:
Thanks Bob, I have been thinking about racing but i love trackdays right now and i'm still learning every td so I just don't want racing to take away the love of just riding.
I understand and see it first hand bro. Until you got faster and I got on track with you my lap times just hit a brick wall.

But practicing braking (IE slowing down) vs. going fast was what did me in man. That feeling of braking hard with my knee on the ground at turn 1 at Jennings had me chasin the dragon all season. Honestly, I remember like yesterday letting the front tire just push on the brakes out to mid track to double apex 1. It was so MEGA. I have no idea where my balls went after that epic weekend man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement