FML 2 bikes stole from my house. - Page 5 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 11-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #41
gooseward
I eat my R6

Bike: 09 R6 03 Yz 250
Re: FML 2 bikes stole from my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10301 View Post
Wow, if they found it crashed that means some moron was probably riding around on it all this time.
Isnt that insane???? I cut my loses and expected that it was chopped or in south america or God only knows what.
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #42
radiostar
make it a double

Bike: 2011 gsxr600

Bot both back hey? Still good news. Sucks that one was wrecked, but you can at least part it out as a worst case scenario?

"Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it." -Augustine

radiostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #43
mgossel
Lifetime Premium

That's good news...just curious as to where they found the bike. As in, how close to the area you live it was.
mgossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #44
QR6
PHX-602

Bike: 2007 R6

Wow, that's crazy! Steal a bike then ride around for a month and a half until you ruin it. At least glad to hear you got both back and it wasn't a total loss. Maybe you can make a street fighter of the 09 or just part it out. Good luck!
ASMA #26 early retirement
My build thread:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162286
http://instagram.com/gfk602

QR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #45
TheCult
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by QR6 View Post
Wow, that's crazy! Steal a bike then ride around for a month and a half until you ruin it. At least glad to hear you got both back and it wasn't a total loss. Maybe you can make a street fighter of the 09 or just part it out. Good luck!
They could have also sold it to someone and they rode around on it not knowing

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
TheCult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #46
RSICKS ATL
Get you some!

Bike: 08 R6
Glad to hear you're getting them both back. Let us know the condition of the wrecked bike. I may help you by buying some parts if need be.

Sent from my iPad 3
2008 R6 Raven - Mods - Bauce Racing ECU Flash : Gutted header : MJS Mid-pipe : Carbon Scorpion Powercone slip-on : -1 Front Sprocket : AGG Smog Block Offs : BMC Street Filter : TechSpec Snakeskin tank grips : MotoDynamic Smoked Integrated tail light : Smoked LED flush mounts : LP Racing No-Cut Frame Sliders : Swingarm Spools : Renthal Road Race Dual Compounds : Graves Billet Bar-ends : 07 Black wheels : Powder-coated rearsets : Smoked windscreen : 3000k Hi/8000k Low HIDs : Fender Eliminator with LED tag bolts : AGG Rear Reservoir Delete : AGG Angled Valve Stems : Battlax S20s

RSICKS ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #47
Dieselboy
My R6 eats you.

Bike: 2010 Yamaha M1

Had a car stolen from my house once, 2 months after it was stolen I got a parking ticket. They were driving a stolen car around for months with my plate still on it. After that I bought several guns and lock EVERYTHING, ALWAYS. My bike stays chained up in a locked garage in a fenced yard. Glad you got your bikes back.
Colin #686
NESBA A | CCS AM
BrewCrew
///If you ride like lightning, you’re gonna crash like thunder.

Dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #48
pete123
Live 2 Ride, Ride 2 Live

Bike: 2008 R6

Glad you got your bikes back. I hope the scumbags will get in life what they deserve.
pete123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #49
thirdgenlxi
I eat my R6

Bike: '04 CBR 600 F4i
Send a message via AIM to thirdgenlxi

Well it's been a little while, not sure if Travis was going to post an update or not but I know he's been kinda busy lately and hasn't been able to get on much so here's the latest. He finally went and picked up the other bike from the impound lot today. Not... too.... good. Apparently the dude that wrecked it had to be air lifted to Charlotte after it happened (personally I would have peed on him and walked away.... but maybe that's just me)... supposedly a car pulled out in front of him

Anyways, I'll let the pics speak for themselves. I will say though, these were from the impound lot where it's been sitting since November, and it has the loose parts scattered and piled all around it, looks really bad. I went over and saw it in person, and it's still VERY rough, but not quite as bad as it looks here without all the misc stuff on top of it. Still gonna need lots of work though... we're just gonna dig into it and salvage what we can... if the frame is straight maybe piece it back together and make a trackbike or something, who knows. And it has been squidded out with neons galore

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 282,300 miles and still kicking
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 437,000 miles still running strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #50
rochainskool
Vroom Vroom

Bike: 07 R6S
Send a message via AIM to rochainskool

Karma got the thief. That sucks, insurance wont do anything since he didn't have theft? is he SOL (shit out of luck)? Maybe you can sue for damages or something to get his bike back.
rochainskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement