My NotSoSuper6 Build - Page 7 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Bike Build Forum

Old 11-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #61
milko
Sherwin Antagonist

Bike: 2009 r6
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbryce View Post
Protects the slipon in case of lowside. I've read great things about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Quote:
Originally Posted by QR6 View Post
Your bike is gorgeous man! That front shot is money!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R6driver View Post
Great read and a beautiful bike as well!
Thank u kind sirs

Post TD update:

Had my very first ever track day at Willow Springs Raceway (Big Willow). First and foremost I would like to thank Anthony (Bauce Racing) for making this happen. Let me explain... I sent my ECU out to Ant last week. It never arrived. Actually, that's a lie. It arrived today while I was on the track
After starting to freak out and essentially getting ready to cancel the TD, Anthony actually went out of his way to take out an ECU from his bike, customized it for my bike and overnighted it to me . IIRC, Him and or Burg actually drove to the shop in the middle of the nor'easter to get the ECU. I received said ECU Friday and well...the rest is history. You Sirs over at BAUCE, are indeed the pinnacle of Awesomness I will be posting this on the BAUCE News thread as I am just blown away at how out of his way he went to help me out. Once again, Thank you. Couldn't have had this epic day without your help!

Now onto the Track!! Overall, it was a good day. The new rider school was great and helped calm the nerves. The staff at track experience were VERY helpful. Paced myself throughout the day, trying to focus on learning the lines, body position, and throttle control. First few sessions were pretty slow, but slowly I started bringing the pace up throughout the day. I'm still slow, but hey, its my first day

Had 2 "OH SH!T" moments. 1st was in turn 3. Not sure exactly what happened (turned too late/early?)but I almost hit the rumble strips. 2nd was at the end of the big sweeper in turn 9 (decreasing radius).....went wide into the dirt. Stood that baby up right before the dirt and YEEE HAWW, rodeo time! Rode it out until I hit the hot pit lane, shook my head, and rode away to turn 1. Marshall gave me the thumbs up as I rode past

Sadly...knees are still virgins to the pavement

Enough Talk, onto pics

8am, 38 degrees outside, windy, showing off swing arm swag

Suction cup on tail sucks ass

Giving that Shermoto lever a little love while on the brakes

I like the avatar that HER6 has and well..figured I'd copy. Hope she doesn't mind.

Brand Spankin new tire in the morning...5pm, looked like this. Track was mostly right handers, which I think explains the rubber balls on the right side. Pressures were 32F 30R...Not too shabby for first time i think.

I do have some gopro footage, but I ran out of mounts and said F it, I'll use suction cup. Video looks like an epileptic seizure. I'll try and get some better looking portions and post later. I'm tired, legs hurt...I'm going to sleep. Good Night peeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro! :
MyNotSoSuper Build

Last edited by milko; 11-19-2012 at 07:52 PM.
milko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 01:13 AM   #62
shad0ws
I have 2 belly buttons.

Bike: '09 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by milko View Post

Had my very first ever track day at Willow Springs Raceway (Big Willow). First and foremost I would like to thank Anthony (Bauce Racing) for making this happen. Let me explain... I sent my ECU out to Ant last week. It never arrived. Actually, that's a lie. It arrived today while I was on the track
After starting to freak out and essentially getting ready to cancel the TD, Anthony actually went out of his way to take out an ECU from his bike, customized it for my bike and overnighted it to me . IIRC, Him and or Burg actually drove to the shop in the middle of the nor'easter to get the ECU. I received said ECU Friday and well...the rest is history. You Sirs over at BAUCE, are indeed the pinnacle of Awesomness I will be posting this on the BAUCE News thread as I am just blown away at how out of his way he went to help me out. Once again, Thank you. Couldn't have had this epic day without your help!

!

It's amazing what Ant and Burg will do to make a happy customer. If they carried groceries, I would order from them just because.

That looks really good man, I'm glad you had a blast. It's good that you have good bp right of the bat. Don't worry about getting your knee down, it's just a result of picking up more corner speed. It comes with time, some people get it on the first day due to poor BP or just natural to it and others it takes some time. It took me 5 track days to get mine down and I'm not ashamed one bit. I've passed riders in turns who were dragging knee and I wasn't even close to dragging. But like I said man, you look good on the bike, keep on doing what you are doing and it will come.

Now tell me, has the track bug officially bit you yet?

Last edited by shad0ws; 11-11-2012 at 01:17 AM.
shad0ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #63
TheJokester3
A work in progress...

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

That is awesome. Glad you had a good td!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2007r6 View Post
"I refuse to tip toe through life to arrive safely at deaths door".
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
There is more to squidliness than just your gear.
Build Thread
TheJokester3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #64
wutsup
Yeah Science!

Bike: gixxer chrome edition

Damn you look good out there for your first time. Hopefully I'll do as good as you for my first time next Spring
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.

Last edited by wutsup; 11-11-2012 at 04:02 PM.
wutsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #65
S2 Studio
Y(o_o)Y

Bike: 05' R6

legit progress so far! good job

S2 Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #66
babymilo36
Occupy Central

Bike: 2014 Grom

You're looking AWESOME out there, bro. Keep up the good work and have fun

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #67
bryan j
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Looking solid man
those are some really good quality pics.
Bauce racing ftw

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
bryan j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #68
Mladinracer
I eat my R6

Bike: 06 r6
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
Haven't checked on the e-mail... Won't till later... Thanks though!

It doesn't matter what you do... I scratched the paint...Well had someone do it...

...and yes, even rolled around in the dirt... and I still wrecked...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^CLICK ME^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When it is your day, it's just your day brutha... You never know...
Hey. That's my truck in the background. LOL. I didn't realize you were there that day. Sorry to thread jack.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Mladinracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #69
milko
Sherwin Antagonist

Bike: 2009 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0ws View Post
It's amazing what Ant and Burg will do to make a happy customer. If they carried groceries, I would order from them just because.

That looks really good man, I'm glad you had a blast. It's good that you have good bp right of the bat. Don't worry about getting your knee down, it's just a result of picking up more corner speed. It comes with time, some people get it on the first day due to poor BP or just natural to it and others it takes some time. It took me 5 track days to get mine down and I'm not ashamed one bit. I've passed riders in turns who were dragging knee and I wasn't even close to dragging. But like I said man, you look good on the bike, keep on doing what you are doing and it will come.

Now tell me, has the track bug officially bit you yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJokester3 View Post
That is awesome. Glad you had a good td!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutsup View Post
Damn you look good out there for your first time. Hopefully I'll do as good as you for my first time next Spring
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2 Studio View Post
legit progress so far! good job
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
You're looking AWESOME out there, bro. Keep up the good work and have fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan j View Post
Looking solid man
those are some really good quality pics.
Bauce racing ftw

Thanks guys! Hanging around here pays off! It appears some of your skills have rubbed off BP was one of my main concerns going out. That and being smooth on the throttle. I know its a big part of building speed. I'm just glad I didn't go out there and crash. There was a guy right in front of me who crashed on turn 3 on the 1st lap of the second session. Too much speed + cold tires = THAT brought the nerves up!

Dragging knee would've just been a bonus. Plus, I'm still slow as fawk to drag knee. It'll come some day. Now I need to work on lines and RPs. It was hard to get the nerves down and focus on trying to pick up RPs on every turn. I didn't think it was true but it REALLY is information overload out there the first time!! Every turn was "Finish braking before turning (F trail braking right now), half cheek off, ball of foot on outside of peg, turn heel in , knee will follow, outside knee locked on tank, chest to tank, head down, look through turn (not that easy), counter steer, and Once the throttle is cracked open, it is rolled on evenly, smoothly and constantly throughout the remainder of the turn," and that was still less than HALF of everything going on By the end of the day, a lot of that did start becoming 2nd nature though. I'm happy about that.

Anyway..... Yes the track bug has bitten I was actually contemplating signing up for a TD on Thanksgiving weekend but no monies I rode street sunday...GOD was that slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mladinracer View Post
Hey. That's my truck in the background. LOL. I didn't realize you were there that day. Sorry to thread jack.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro! :
MyNotSoSuper Build
milko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #70
Krutoydiesel
she drops it low

Bike: SOLD-2011 Yamaha R6 Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by milko View Post

Thanks guys! Hanging around here pays off! It appears some of your skills have rubbed off BP was one of my main concerns going out. That and being smooth on the throttle. I know its a big part of building speed. I'm just glad I didn't go out there and crash. There was a guy right in front of me who crashed on turn 3 on the 1st lap of the second session. Too much speed + cold tires = THAT brought the nerves up!

Dragging knee would've just been a bonus. Plus, I'm still slow as fawk to drag knee. It'll come some day. Now I need to work on lines and RPs. It was hard to get the nerves down and focus on trying to pick up RPs on every turn. I didn't think it was true but it REALLY is information overload out there the first time!! Every turn was "Finish braking before turning (F trail braking right now), half cheek off, ball of foot on outside of peg, turn heel in , knee will follow, outside knee locked on tank, chest to tank, head down, look through turn (not that easy), counter steer, and Once the throttle is cracked open, it is rolled on evenly, smoothly and constantly throughout the remainder of the turn," and that was still less than HALF of everything going on By the end of the day, a lot of that did start becoming 2nd nature though. I'm happy about that.

Anyway..... Yes the track bug has bitten I was actually contemplating signing up for a TD on Thanksgiving weekend but no monies I rode street sunday...GOD was that slow.

Congrats to your first day and no crash!

and to Bauce Racing for constantly being the best customer servicing vendor i know
Modified 05 Headers
Modified Devil Rocket CF slip on
Block off plates-AggRacing
6k HIDs-AggRacing
Bauce Flashed ECU-Bauce Racing
BMC Race Filter-Bauce Racing
Reservoir Socks-Slowboy
CF Triple tree cover-SKUR

Future-
Shermans levers...
Krutoydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links