People never cease to amaze me on how they treat animals - Page 21 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 03-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #201
thirdgenlxi
I eat my R6

Bike: '04 CBR 600 F4i
Send a message via AIM to thirdgenlxi
Re: People never cease to amaze me on how they treat animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTor1uS View Post
I've read through the entire thread and I really gotta hand it to you. You've done an AMAZING job with the pups and they're growing into great woofies!
You rock!!

Also, I'm an associate (at the company where you are getting the woofies trained at *cough cough*) and for training, we have a policy that if you feel the training was not effective (if the dog recently took the class) or aren't satisfied, you can retake the classes for free! I can tell you aren't a "troublesome" customer and wouldn't take advantage of the system, but maybe you could ask your store if you could retake the class for free, since both you and the pet trainer agree that Piggy could learn more. It's worth a shot!
Ohh yea my trainer is very very good about that. I got lucky in finding a great trainer, that you can tell genuinely cares about the dogs and will keep them going as long as they need to until they've got it. I've only paid for each class once, and they've been in class non stop since early June of last year (both of them at the same time, 2 different nights per week), just for reference, lol. They've taken the beginner and puppy classes several times each now. The trainer would just put me into other classes to keep them going between their own classes, or even other classes at the same time they were taking theirs just for the extra socialization. There were a few times when I had a 7:00-8:00 class that I would go in early at 6:00 and join in on the puppy class (we were in intermediate), then have my class at 7:00, then stay late for another class at 8:00, just to try and get them as much exposure and work with them as much as we could. Had a couple in Pipers advance class that had been in class for 2 years, and still just paid for the one class. Like I said, she will do whatever it takes to make the dog succeed. That's what I love about her

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 282,300 miles and still kicking
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 437,000 miles still running strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #202
thirdgenlxi
I eat my R6

Well I know it's been awhile since I did a pupdate in here, but thought this was worth mentioning..... I'm very proud to say that Riley and Piper both now have their CGC (canine good citizen) certificates!! Sooooooo freakin' proud of them and just how far they've come. Still not perfect, but from where they started they're not even remotely close to the same dogs

They both now proudly hang on the living room wall

And a few recent pics....

Riley loves belly rubs

And expensive toys, lol

Piper is turning gray already...sheesh

Waiting patiently

Hanging out down at South Mountain State Park

Sleepy

And of course Piggy is still being.... Piggy, lol

Riley is a daddys boy alright, haha

Lazy bums

Everybody is doing great.... happy and healthy! Now to see if we can't get one or both of them through therapy dog.... we shall see!

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
Old 11-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #203
bryan j
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Nice update . Its not to difficult to get them trained to be a therapy dog.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
bryan j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #204
ak2007r6
Lifetime Premium

Bike: A snail

Such great dogs! Always like your pic updates
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJoe007 View Post
"Never try and teach a pig how to sing. It just wastes your time and pisses off the pig."

RIP Jason (snocompton) you were an amazing guy and will be missed
ak2007r6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #205
TheJokester3
A work in progress...

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2007r6 View Post
"I refuse to tip toe through life to arrive safely at deaths door".
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
There is more to squidliness than just your gear.
Build Thread
TheJokester3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #206
Illernoise
RESPECT

It's so amazing to see how far they have come. I remember when you first rescued them last year. They have come a long way and are such good dogs. You did an amazing job with them Jared
08 R6 Track Build

RIP Jason Jones - snocompton
RESPECT
Illernoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #207
Mxracer118
I eat my R6

I gotta hand it to you man, what you have done for these dogs is amazing! HUGE props! Congrats with the great success, I look forward to more updates.
Mxracer118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #208
thirdgenlxi
I eat my R6

Just wanted to wish my two twins a very happy 2nd birthday! Or re-birthday rather (gotcha day!), as this was the day they started a new, and much better life. Time has absolutely flown by, hard to believe it's been 2 years already.... seems like just a few weeks ago they were my little 6 lb rugrats running around like little monsters, that I could carry around both in one arm. They're now 50 & 60 lbs respectively, both have passed their advance training classes and both have their CGC certificates, and working towards possibly doing therapy dog as well (at least with Riley). They're not perfect by any means, but they had so many issues from the get go (we believe they were separated from their mother waaaaay too early), and they've come sooooo far, they make me very very proud. So just like last year, to celebrate I baked them a cake! They seemed to like it.....no complaints, haha. They definitely weren't in a photogenic mood tonight though....

Piper giving me the "would you STOP taking pictures and let me go eat already!!", look, hahah

And getting the guilty look from Piggy too

I'd say they liked it

Gave them a little treat with their dinner too

Then a few other pics (sorry some are repeats).... I got looking back at some old pics, and this one is still one of my favorites

Day 2 and Riley already loved his new "mama"

Fast forward until now.... these 2 are practically inseparable, they are absolute best friends. I guess these 2 were destined to be lovebirds from the very beginning!

And of course Piper too

Little bigger now

Rileys facial expressions sure have changed!

CGC

Getting grey already....

Bed hogs

He loves car rides (they all do)

Riley being a good boy sitting down at South Mountain State Park

Everybody is doing great though.... happy, playful, and healthy as can be!*

That's all I've got..... sorry for so many pics, I get a lil carried away sometimes, haha. I'm just a proud papa is all.... LOVE my kiddos!!

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi

Last edited by thirdgenlxi; 01-16-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:45 AM   #209
Rriggs92
Yamaha R6

Bike: 07 r6
So awesome what you did for these dogs. Most people wouldn't. That's kinda how we got one if our dogs. He was dumped off the side of the rode in the summer, couldn't even stand when we found him really dehydrated and stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1358322315.187349.jpg (208.9 KB, 17 views)
Rriggs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:08 AM   #210
600cc'sOfSexy
^ True Story ^

Bike: 2005 Yamaha R6
This story could be a book man. The amount of time you've put in is worthy of anyones respect. Great job.
600cc'sOfSexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement