Earth's Unsolved X-files/Interesting Reads Thread - Page 13 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 10-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #121
babymilo36
Chinese Immigrant

Bike: Specialized Allez Elite
Re: Earth's Unsolved X-files/Interesting Reads Thread

The Naga Fireballs

For hundreds of years, villagers in Thailand have believed that a serpent in the Mekong River spits out tens of thousands of egg-sized glowing red orbs to pay homage to Buddha at the end of the Buddhist Lent. Scientists aren’t exactly sure why this strange phenomenon happens at the same time every year, and some people say it’s a long-running hoax, but every year people from all over the world gather to watch the Naga fireballs shoot out of the Mekong river and rise hundreds of feet into the sky before disappearing.
Locals deny a possibility of hoax - Naga fireballs often are observed in very secluded places where the putative "organiser" of fireballs has nearly no chances to impress anyone. It is just weird to imagine countless Thai and Laotian people keeping themselves busy by making illuminations in remote lakes and rivers.
In such circumstances the possibility of fraud seems to be quite low - who would manage to organise such illumination without getting caught in the act? Naga fireballs rose from the river during the hostilities between Thailand and Laos: the border was heavily guarded then and it is little likely that somebody would risk his life to organise the fraud.

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #122
babymilo36
Chinese Immigrant

The Hammer of Texas

Made from 96% iron, 2.6% chlorine, and 0.74% sulfur. There are no bubbles in it at all. The quality of which equals or exceeds the quality of any iron found today. No biggie – except it for the nagging point that a team of Archaeologists checked it, and as it turns out, the rock encasing the hammer was dated back more than 140 million years – give or take a few mill. The 2 links below present both sides of the argument. For me this is only one of hundreds of artifacts and foot/hand prints that have shown up in rock or other strange places the world over – How long have we actually been here on this planet?

On June 1936 (or 1934 by some accounts), Max Hahn (1897-1989) and his wife Emma were hiking along Red Creek near London, Texas. It was there that they discovered an artifact which seemed completely out of place. What they found was a unique piece of wood protruding from a rock concretion.
When the rock was broken by their son in 1947, it revealed an iron hammer with a wooden handle. it was completely enclosed in limestone. Geologists are certain: The hammer must be of the same age as the rock layer. However, they estimate the age of the rock at 140 million years. No human life existed at that time. Or did it?
Skeptics have their own possible solution: The “hammer from Texas” was lost by a mine worker in the 19th century. But nevertheless it is a mystery: How did the hammer become enclosed in sedimentary rock so quickly?

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

Old 11-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #123
babymilo36
Chinese Immigrant

Mount Weather

Quote:
Anyone heard of Mount Weather?

Just saw a short video today & looked a little further into it...
the government basically has had an underground city built into some type of extremely hard rocks in the earth in Virginia for if a nuclear war or something crazy happens. It has its own electricity & plumbing systems, fresh water supply from underground springs, a hospital, apartment housing, transportation system, etc... basically everything anyone could need. It's built to house important people in case of some major crisis, there's a top secret list of people who are guaranteed entry there, the only one 100% for sure is the president, but there's also certain top government & military officials, some civilians & a variety of skilled labor workers.
Also, apparently there's already some government officials who work & live down there maintaining everything for if/when shit goes down.
http://www.thule.org/weather.html

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

Old 11-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #124
babymilo36
Chinese Immigrant

JFK Dark Legacy

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

Old 11-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #125
tdoss1980
nova r6

Bike: 05 r6 raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
One of the routes we ride goes right past the front gate. Needless to say you dont want to have bike problems anywhere near the front gate.
2005 R6, Motodynamic Sequential Signals, Flush Smoke Front Turns, 6k Hid, Devil Racer Carbon Highmount Ceramic Coated Black, Ohlins Steering Dampener, Motovation No Cut Frame Sliders and Bar End Sliders, ASV Levers, Vortex Black Rearsets, K&N Air Filter, Factory Pro +4 Ignition Advancer, Superflare Vstacks, Graves Slide Stops, Graves Smog Block Offs, -1 520 Conversion with Driven Sprockets and DID Chain, Goodridge Shadow Brake Lines, Brembo CNC Calipers with Vesrah RJL Pads, Brembo 19x20 Master Cylinder, Zero Gravity Windscreen, Stompgrip Tank Pads, Gilles Chain adjusters with race lifters, NRC Powdercoated Racing Covers, HINSON SLIPPER CLUTCH, Vented Brakes Cooling System, Racetech Internals Front and Rear with Michelin Power Super Sports holding it to the road
tdoss1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #126
babymilo36
Chinese Immigrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoss1980 View Post
One of the routes we ride goes right past the front gate. Needless to say you dont want to have bike problems anywhere near the front gate.
Take pics?? I'm extremely curious

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

Old 11-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #127
babymilo36
Chinese Immigrant

......... but don't get arrested

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

Old 11-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #128
eastcoastbangas
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2008 Yamaha R6 (Blue)

great thread. great read. thanks.
eastcoastbangas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #129
tdoss1980
nova r6

Bike: 05 r6 raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
Take pics?? I'm extremely curious
Ill get my hands of a buddys gopro and do it from the cage, its a road less traveled and no pull off area near the place. Im sure as soon as you stop there are going to be people at the fence watching every move.

Side story on the same topic, used to contract thru AAA roadside and a customer broke down on an exit ramp next to the national reconnaissance office and the whole time I was helping her there were two guys one with a camera and the other with a rifle watching every move I made.
2005 R6, Motodynamic Sequential Signals, Flush Smoke Front Turns, 6k Hid, Devil Racer Carbon Highmount Ceramic Coated Black, Ohlins Steering Dampener, Motovation No Cut Frame Sliders and Bar End Sliders, ASV Levers, Vortex Black Rearsets, K&N Air Filter, Factory Pro +4 Ignition Advancer, Superflare Vstacks, Graves Slide Stops, Graves Smog Block Offs, -1 520 Conversion with Driven Sprockets and DID Chain, Goodridge Shadow Brake Lines, Brembo CNC Calipers with Vesrah RJL Pads, Brembo 19x20 Master Cylinder, Zero Gravity Windscreen, Stompgrip Tank Pads, Gilles Chain adjusters with race lifters, NRC Powdercoated Racing Covers, HINSON SLIPPER CLUTCH, Vented Brakes Cooling System, Racetech Internals Front and Rear with Michelin Power Super Sports holding it to the road
tdoss1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #130
babymilo36
Chinese Immigrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoss1980 View Post
Ill get my hands of a buddys gopro and do it from the cage, its a road less traveled and no pull off area near the place. Im sure as soon as you stop there are going to be people at the fence watching every move.

Side story on the same topic, used to contract thru AAA roadside and a customer broke down on an exit ramp next to the national reconnaissance office and the whole time I was helping her there were two guys one with a camera and the other with a rifle watching every move I made.
Damn... That's pretty effin' serious

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

Sponsored Links
Advertisement