so my bike got backed into when parked : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 11-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
loudalou
GOD bless The USA!!!

Bike: 2009 r6 se orange /black
so my bike got backed into when parked

Hey all im looking for a little help my bike got backed into by a guy last night id just got off it a few min before and parked it in front of a friends building was about to walk into my friends house when i saw this guy get into his car and start to reverse he must of bin drunk cause he went back about 6ft right into my bike my helmet is chiped my head set broke off the helmet and my bike has broken tabs on the light housing and cracks to the rear my question is now that I have his insurance information if I try to put a claim in with his insurance company will they contact mine I don't want my insurance company asking to see my bike because of mileage discrepancy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20121113_001059.jpg (222.7 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 20121113_001135.jpg (210.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 20121113_001111.jpg (221.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 20121113_001105.jpg (245.9 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 20121113_001117.jpg (302.1 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by loudalou; 11-13-2012 at 09:13 AM.
loudalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
Miller'sR6
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2012 Yamaha Blue R6
Re: so my bike got backed into when parked

Sounds kinda wierd, what do you mean by mileage discrepancy. And I dont know what insurance company he has. But I always contact my insurance company as a backup. What if he tells his insurance company that some crazy guy it claiming that he hit their bike.
Miller'sR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
loudalou
GOD bless The USA!!!

Really only supposed to use bike 5000 miles a year i may be a bit more than that & When he backed into my bike i ran infront of his car cause he was takeing off and i called the police they came and he admitted to everything they took down our information and made us exchange insurance information he apologized for the inconvenience now I'm stuck with a chiped helmet and broken bike

Last edited by loudalou; 11-13-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6
Hahahahha

Sorry. I think if you added a few . And a few , and maybe a few ? It would help us a bit. Also, sorry to hear about your bike. It depends on the insurance... Sometimes they send out a claims adjuster and sometimes they don't. If you have his info you call his insurance. As a matter of a fact... He should be submitting a claim and his insurance will contact you to verify his story. You can submit a claim with your insurance just in case he decides to lie, then you have a claim open and your insurance will go after the party at fault.

But this should be a lesson learned for ya. Why lie about your mileage to save a few bucks a year? Now, you may not be able to claim an accident and loose a lot more $$$$ in repairs. Just do shit the right way the first time that way you don't worry about shit biting you in the ass later down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

bluerebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
Darthteddy
Box of Lube

Bike: 2007 R6

Just say you replaced the guage cluster/ecu due to an electrical problem. :P

Dont stress on the mileage. You want your insurance company to deal with the other guys insurance. Since your not at fault they wont be nit picking your bike. Especially about the mileage.

Ive been wishing someone with good insurance would back into my bike. Would love to get my paint job redone at someone else's dime. :facepalm.

Build Thread
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showt...=1#post2895049

Last edited by Darthteddy; 11-12-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Darthteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
fireaxe39
VVV That is my Gramps!

Bike: 05 R6, 98 Sportster 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthteddy View Post
Just say you replaced the guage cluster/ecu due to an electrical problem. :P

Dont stress on the mileage. You want your insurance company to deal with the other guys insurance. Since your not at fault they wont be nit picking your bike. Especially about the mileage.

Ive been wishing someone with good insurance would back into my bike. Would love to get my paint job redone at someone else's dime. :facepalm.
Iím going through this right now, just waiting on my fairings from Auctmarts to show up. Nothing says a free face lift on your R6 better than a sympathetic apologetic insured motorist to back in to your bike and help you finance your bike rebuild.

I can't speak for all the GDC members though...There is certainly an abundance of jackassery over there... :lol
fireaxe39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:57 AM   #7
Gundamzeppelin
Tons of juice. Crazyjuice

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter

1 Call his insurance file a claim
2 give an accurate account of what happened
3 they send out an adjuster to checkout bike
4 they send you check.
5 you fix the bike yourself save money
6 Profit
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack
Gundamzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:43 AM   #8
loudalou
GOD bless The USA!!!

Thank u all for your help they are going to come out tomorrow to see the bike ill post pictures and update .... lets hope he keeps to the truth and they pay out easy ... anyone know how long it takes them to make payment ?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:49 AM   #9
Gundamzeppelin
Tons of juice. Crazyjuice

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudalou View Post
Thank u all for your help they are going to come out tomorrow to see the bike ill post pictures and update .... lets hope he keeps to the truth and they pay out easy ... anyone know how long it takes them to make payment ?
week or two tops
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack
Gundamzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #10
fireaxe39
VVV That is my Gramps!

Bike: 05 R6, 98 Sportster 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamzeppelin View Post
week or two tops
This

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

I can't speak for all the GDC members though...There is certainly an abundance of jackassery over there... :lol
fireaxe39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement