Gundam's 09 Track build - Page 3 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Bike Build Forum

Old 11-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #21
Gundamzeppelin
Tons of juice. Crazyjuice

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter
Re: Gundam's 09 Track build

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
Your bike is sick as hell, I want to do something very similar.

I'm think a Blue 50th anniversary,

or a 2009 Graves AMA bike feel

OR a paint job like chief's In blue. So many ideas I am unsure of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
Very entertaining... looking forward to the rest.
I aim to make it interesting since updates will be slow & I wont have cool track photos for a LONG time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutsup View Post
Nice Chazz! I raughed out roud hard at the cocaine refererences....... Maybe I'll see you at the track next year too!
Sounds like a plan the dynamic noob duo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illernoise View Post
Interesting read Chazz

Can't wait to hit up the track with you next year. NYST and NJMP!
I'm seriously looking forward to it Lee! I missed out last year.

In the mind set of pickpocket "suckers pay retail" I picked up another woodcraft engine cover on the cheap from Disco.

The red slider will clash...May have to paint it Blue out of vanity.
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack
Gundamzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #22
Gundamzeppelin

Today was on of those days, you know the kind where you are awoken by a cat dropping a plate on your head looney tunes style.

Next you find out the hot chick you've been hitting on was kicking it with Dave ****ing Navarro.... I can't compete with that, what can i say?!
"Well...uh did you know he tried to blow Manson?" This is actually true. Whats the world coming too when you gotta do something gay to get chicks.

So despite my love life being a sad mess.... I headed down to harbor freight to pickup some stuff to install the left side woodcraft cover when it gets here.

Man I swear IDK how anyone works the morning shift it is dangerous just driving. Women & old people all over the ****ing place. I would have been safer storming the beaches of Normandy.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

launchpad McQuack
Old 11-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #23
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

What an entertaining read Chazz! Very nice! You going full track, or this bike going to do double duty?

You could make a good bit of cash selling those headlights and fairings, and use that towards your build!

In for updates for sure!

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #24
Gundamzeppelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
What an entertaining read Chazz! Very nice! You going full track, or this bike going to do double duty?

You could make a good bit of cash selling those headlights and fairings, and use that towards your build!

In for updates for sure!

I want to keep it double duty just in case I give in and sell her for the BMW. That HP4 is just so hot.

Admittedly I hate street riding, but not riding for prolonged periods makes me fall into a depression. (winter is a sad time of year for me)
So Idk if I could go full track unless I can afford to own two bikes.
Hunter S. Thompson
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

launchpad McQuack
Old 11-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #25
babymilo36
Chairman Meow

Bike: Specialized Secteur

The M1 paint scheme would be BALLER on your bike, especially with your Termi pipe

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #26
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamzeppelin View Post
I want to keep it double duty just in case I give in and sell her for the BMW. That HP4 is just so hot.

Admittedly I hate street riding, but not riding for prolonged periods makes me fall into a depression. (winter is a sad time of year for me)
Once you get out on the track a bit, you'll have no probs letting the street riding go... Weighing the risks between the two, the track always wins. Plus, how much riding you do in the course of a weekend is insane compared to what you'd do on the streets. That being said, everyone is different, so the decision is completely yours. But I can say, I don't miss riding the street at all... Track weekends are more then enough. You do so much riding you go home sore as hell... I can't say in the years of riding street I ever went home sore from riding so hard.

I will say that BMW is SWEEEET! But don't get too ahead of yourself. Those things are insanely powerful! Had a chance to do a lap on a guys 1000RR over the weekend and that thing is hella dangerous. I myself am a FEW years off from being able to handle a machine like that. I'll stick with the 6 for a few years until I really feel I need more. Just something to take into consideration. The R6 is more then capable for track and street! Mull it over... I'd hate to see another R.I.P. thread... Those things are crazy powerful! Tame the R6 first, then consider your options... At least, that's my advice.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #27
Xtina
Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Bike: '13 Ninja 300, '07 Gix600

Quote:
In the mind set of pickpocket "suckers pay retail" I picked up another woodcraft engine cover on the cheap from Disco.

The red slider will clash...May have to paint it Blue out of vanity.
You can buy just the slider. It just unbolts and they come in blue. I think they are like $25 too.
2009 R6 -sold

SOAR #818
Xtina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #28
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:

Same here Chazz. Seasonal depression is a mahfcuka!!

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #29
Krutoydiesel
she drops it low

Bike: SOLD-2011 Yamaha R6 Raven

beautiful bike!
Modified 05 Headers
Modified Devil Rocket CF slip on
Block off plates-AggRacing
6k HIDs-AggRacing
Bauce Flashed ECU-Bauce Racing
BMC Race Filter-Bauce Racing
Reservoir Socks-Slowboy
CF Triple tree cover-SKUR

Future-
Shermans levers...
Krutoydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #30
Gundamzeppelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
The M1 paint scheme would be BALLER on your bike, especially with your Termi pipe
You're right Sherman the Swag factor would be HIGH. The classic 50th scheme in blue would really be sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
Once you get out on the track a bit, you'll have no probs letting the street riding go... Weighing the risks between the two, the track always wins. Plus, how much riding you do in the course of a weekend is insane compared to what you'd do on the streets. That being said, everyone is different, so the decision is completely yours. But I can say, I don't miss riding the street at all... Track weekends are more then enough. You do so much riding you go home sore as hell... I can't say in the years of riding street I ever went home sore from riding so hard.

I will say that BMW is SWEEEET! But don't get too ahead of yourself. Those things are insanely powerful! Had a chance to do a lap on a guys 1000RR over the weekend and that thing is hella dangerous. I myself am a FEW years off from being able to handle a machine like that. I'll stick with the 6 for a few years until I really feel I need more. Just something to take into consideration. The R6 is more then capable for track and street! Mull it over... I'd hate to see another R.I.P. thread... Those things are crazy powerful! Tame the R6 first, then consider your options... At least, that's my advice.

I've had a few sore rides in the mountain and back road areas.

I'm sure my days on the street are numbered once I get a real handle on track, I rarely ride as is unless it's a twisty road I know like the back of my hand & make sure the road is clean before I have a wee bit of fun, but always with in reason. I never push my luck or my ability

I know I haven't tapped into any of the R6's true ability due to my tame nature..... I've been pulled over for going under the speed limit.
But that BMW, man it's life changing I've only spent 20 mins on one and WOW.

The brakes should have been adjusted for my liking, but non the less that thing could stop on a dime. I guess you need that stopping ability for the power. Speaking of power my god that thing rips holes through TIME!

Also the way I could change direction makes the R6 seem sluggish. I'm not saying I'm fast, but even I could notice the difference in machines.

The weight factor, so much lighter than the R6 IMO. It truly is a pretty little death machine.

Personally I'd KILL to own it and keep the R6 for track. But the main reason I don't have a BMW right now is because I knew I wasn't fast enough. I feel bad for the guy I was talking to at the dealership because he was close as **** to having me sign some papers! Poor bastard I tickled his balls with a feather.

I wouldn't worry about a RIP thread for me....Well who am I lying to I hope to die on a motorcycle so I can go out happy.

But knowing my luck I'll die in my sleep from vomit due to excessive drinking or something, Good change a woman will kill me.

If you knew how many times I tried to off myself & I'm still kicking you'd be shocked. I'm like a roach or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtina View Post
You can buy just the slider. It just unbolts and they come in blue. I think they are like $25 too.
25! The one site I checked wanted 45!? I better do more looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Same here Chazz. Seasonal depression is a mahfcuka!!
Yeah seriously, Riding is the only thing I do worth wild in my eyes. I wish I got a bike sooner I wasted so many years of my life not riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutoydiesel View Post

beautiful bike!
Thanks man, I goal is to be one of the "illest" R6's here. I have a long road ahead of me.
Hunter S. Thompson
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

launchpad McQuack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement