AlpineStars Tech Aero BP Review - Page 2 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Product Reviews

Old 08-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #11
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky5000100 View Post
Nice review, thanks for posting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com App

bluerebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #12
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpocket293 View Post
Alpinestars? I'll wait until you've had it for ~6 months, then I wanna hear your feedback.
In six months ill post pics of its condition. I use it everyday so this should be good.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #13
corrado15
My 2011 R6 will eat me

Bike: 2011 Red R6
Re: AlpineStars Tech Aero BP Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerebel View Post
In six months ill post pics of its condition. I use it everyday so this should be good.

Been using mine regularly (3 or 4 times a week) for 4 or 5 months now and it's still in perfect condition - looks like new.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about A* quality recently but all of my gear (SMX-5 boots, Stunt leather jacket, GP plus pants, SP2 gloves) has had a full season now of daily use, minimum of 5 days per week and they're all still in new condition - no signs of any wear whatsoever. Dirt/grime - yes but wear - no. I'd have no hesitation in continuing to purchase their products.

Davy
corrado15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #14
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrado15 View Post
Been using mine regularly (3 or 4 times a week) for 4 or 5 months now and it's still in perfect condition - looks like new.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about A* quality recently but all of my gear (SMX-5 boots, Stunt leather jacket, GP plus pants, SP2 gloves) has had a full season now of daily use, minimum of 5 days per week and they're all still in new condition - no signs of any wear whatsoever. Dirt/grime - yes but wear - no. I'd have no hesitation in continuing to purchase their products.

Davy
+2. All my leathers are holding up great...I've had the. For about a season and a half now. Use them just about every weekend and sometimes during the week.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #15
2ZZ-R6
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2008 R6

Great review!

Wait for my Ogio No Drag Mach 5! Of course, I'll give it a review!
2ZZ-R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #16
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ZZ-R6 View Post
Great review!

Wait for my Ogio No Drag Mach 5! Of course, I'll give it a review!
Sweet!!

Old 08-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #17
frankieg22x
mailbox killin' werewolf

Bike: 06 ZX636
Had mine for a few months and only used it a couple times. A tooth on the zipper broke off somehow and now it's a pain in the ass to close.

My opinion of alpinestar items isn't very high these days.
- POWER COMMANDER III W/CUSTOM MAP
- DRIVEN EVO-SPEC KIT -1/+2 W/GOLD EK MVXZ CHAIN W/ SPEEDODRD
- FREN TUBO TYPE 3's
- SHORTY LEVERS BLACK ON BLACK
- K&N AIR FILTER
- GPR V4 BLACK ON BLACK
- BRIDGESTONE S20
- REAR SEAT COWL
- PUIG DB SMOKED SCREEN
- POWDERCOATED REARSETS & PASSENGER PEGS
- COMPETITION WERKS INTEGRATED TAIL LIGHT
- CUSTOM FENDER ELIMINATOR
- GORILLA 7017 ALARM

RIP Ricky "Ballistik" Bishop
frankieg22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #18
pickpocket293
iRun

Bike: 1/8th of an 06

For $175 and just a backpack, it should be able to give you blow jobs and get a beer from the fridge for you. Jesus.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #19
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Quick update on my back pack. 11.13.12

So far I have not had any issues with the back pack regarding workmanship and materials holding up. Zippers still function just find and no signs of wear/tear.

Weve just had our first "winter" rains here in Cali and I was excited as it gave me the chance to use the water proof cover on this back pack. I rode home from work as it started to rain....right when I got home I took off the back pack and started to inspect for water leaks...NONE.
Im extremely happy with the results but I really want to try this out in POURING rain.

There is one thing I would like to note though. The cover does have an elastic band all the way around the cover to help it hug the back pack but it doesnt allow you to tighten the elastic band, which I have discovered to be a bit of a problem. If you use the cover....make sure you fold in the straps on the bottom and tuck them into the side pockets and fold them back INSIDE the cover, like so:

If you do not fold them in and leave them like so:

You increase the chances of air getting inside the cover and blowing it off as it doesnt allow the cover to tightly hug the back pack around the back. The cover is attached to the back pack so it wont "BLOW OFF" but simply come "un-done" per se.

I may make a modification to the coover and "install" some adjustable elastic bands to allow me to tighten the cover.

I will update as soon as I do this "mod".

Old 11-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #20
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Sad news.....the rain cover is a big disappointment. Ive contacted AlpineStars about it and I shall wait adn see what they say. Here is the email I sent off to em'

Hello,
I recently purchased the Tech Aero back pack from Motorcycle SuperStore and I had been extremely happy with the product until yesterday when the rain came in. The water proof/resistant “cover” that is built into the back pack is worthless. The Tech Aero back pack is a motorcycle specific back pack, correct? Why wouldn’t more time be spent on testing this “cover” at highway speeds? The cover has blown off every single time I’ve used it on the highway…mind you, it’s raining so I’m only traveling at 60-65 MPH and has compromised the contents. Luckily I noticed the stupid thing was flapping in the wind and pulled over before my laptop, cell phone and my paper work were able to get too damaged.
My time frame to return this product back to Motorcycle SuperStore has expired so I cannot return the back pack. The reason I purchased this product was for its features….which don’t stand up to the claims. Plus, $180 for a back pack that cant function as advertised is a bit of a stretch.
What suggestions or remedies can you offer?

Thanks,
Robert

Sponsored Links
Advertisement