so my bike got backed into when parked - Page 2 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 11-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #11
Darthteddy
Box of Lube

Bike: 2007 R6
Re: so my bike got backed into when parked

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudalou View Post
Thank u all for your help they are going to come out tomorrow to see the bike ill post pictures and update .... lets hope he keeps to the truth and they pay out easy ... anyone know how long it takes them to make payment ?
Tell them you forgot the key somewhere and cant turn it on. Then no mileage can be seen. lmao.

Build Thread
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showt...=1#post2895049
Darthteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #12
verybigtiter6
I eat my R6

Bike: 2009 r6, 2012 cbr 250

their claims WILL give u a lower estimate. you might wanna bring it over to a shop you know and have them check it there. atleast the shop can tell u right then and there if ur getting screwed. then fix it urself when u get ur check....merry xmas to u mo*****fckr!! lol
verybigtiter6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #13
Darthteddy
Box of Lube

Bike: 2007 R6

Dont forget that you have a right to have the bike repaired at whatever shop you want. So find the most expensive place in the area and have them do an estimate.

Be sure to bring up the stressed tabs on the headlights, and the mildly tweaked subframe. and doesnt that rear sprocket feel a little bent. Cough Cough. :P Get your moneys worth. lmao

Build Thread
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showt...=1#post2895049
Darthteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #14
loudalou
GOD bless The USA!!!

Bike: 2009 r6 se orange /black

Im fearful that if the cost it to high they will call my bike a lose and ill be out all the money in e extras ive put in that dont have recipts for
loudalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #15
fireaxe39
VVV That is my Gramps!

Bike: 05 R6, 98 Sportster 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudalou View Post
Im fearful that if the cost it to high they will call my bike a lose and ill be out all the money in e extras ive put in that dont have recipts for
When I bought mine it had extras like an exhaust and other things, the shop did an estimate on what was damaged on the bike at the time so they replaces or at least payed to replace my Yosh full system when I only needed a small mid pipe replaced and got the piece from yosh for like $128... Do the math $1000 for a full system. Bottom line they payed to replace everything damaged even if I didn't have a recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

I can't speak for all the GDC members though...There is certainly an abundance of jackassery over there... :lol
fireaxe39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #16
theidealone
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

And even if they call it a total loss, you can negotiate to buy it back (receive less of a settlement while keeping your bike). Then you have the option to take your parts, part out, and buy a new bike, OR fix your bike still, and probably deal with a salvage title (which sucks for resale).

But that's just if they call it a total loss.
theidealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #17
R6_350z
Living The Dream

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

depends on the insurance company my friend had a 05 cbr600 crazy lady backed into it and ran windscreen, tank, mirrors, turn signals were damaged they totaled the bike out and she got 6k came over the next day with a flat black mv agusta 750 f4

why cant someone bump into my bike when its parked??

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2011 ice silver metallic Audi A4
2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007
R6_350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #18
danaatscootdotnet
www.1seven1.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamzeppelin View Post
1 Call his insurance file a claim
2 give an accurate account of what happened
3 they send out an adjuster to checkout bike
4 they send you check.
5 you fix the bike yourself save money
6 Profit
What Gund said, only I'd change #6 to "Buy gear."

I believe even if the bike is totaled you have the right of first refusal to get it back (at least in Utah that's how it works). AND, your helmet doesn't count in the calculated value of the bike.

Buy it back and order some ebay plastics, or make yourself a track bike.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #19
loudalou
GOD bless The USA!!!

Bike: 2009 r6 se orange /black

Little update now his insurance is saying he admits to hitting me but that my bike did not receive any damage at the time of accident he is saying that my bike never fell over ... what a **** face
loudalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #20
fireaxe39
VVV That is my Gramps!

Bike: 05 R6, 98 Sportster 1200
You didn't take any pic's, this also would be a good time to include your insurance company to help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

I can't speak for all the GDC members though...There is certainly an abundance of jackassery over there... :lol
fireaxe39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement