horrible rider. - Page 6 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Track Tech & Riding Techniques

Old 11-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #51
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: horrible rider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke geis View Post
I have been able to snag the Ntec's for around $500 in the past. Shipping adds more. Not sure what they are going for recently. Been a couple years since I've ran them.

The new Miche's are pretty good? I recently tried a set of the Pirrelli super bike track day tires. Not happy with them. They have too little grip, but they have lasted three track days @ middle of A group pace!!! Need a set that will last and have grip. Perhaps the Miche's will do the trick......
LOL. You're totally chasing your tail on that Luke.

Closest thing you'll get to that is the dragon supercorsas, but the profile isn't as aggressive as any of the newer tires.

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #52
luke geis
crashing aint so bad

Bike: 2005 red r6

yeah I know, but after 4 years of nothing but track riding, I'm tired of spending money on fake rubber that doesn't last. I am at that state where I am trying many new things to see what works and what doesn't. The Pirrelli superbike track day tires, don't cut it and I'm certain after what I saw with other slower riders the new stoners won't work either. If I can find a set of tires in the $400 range that can keep up with me I would be happy. If I can get 2 track days out of them I am happy. I have only been getting one day out of most of the ones I have tried.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #53
MELK-MAN
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke geis View Post
I have been able to snag the Ntec's for around $500 in the past. Shipping adds more. Not sure what they are going for recently. Been a couple years since I've ran them.

The new Miche's are pretty good? I recently tried a set of the Pirrelli super bike track day tires. Not happy with them. They have too little grip, but they have lasted three track days @ middle of A group pace!!! Need a set that will last and have grip. Perhaps the Miche's will do the trick......
yup, ntec's (uk) are $550+ a set now.
yes. the Michelin power CUP tires are awesome. Am i biased? yea.. but i have a some fairly convincing posts/threads regarding them in this forum. They are worth a try. I don't bullshi t you, my friends, or anyone else about them. The pirelli's are very good to, but you will HAVE to use the uk ntec to have as good a tire as the new michelin CUP tires.

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles
www.facebook.com/greg.melka.1
My racin n' ridin youtube vids http://www.youtube.com/user/gregmelka?feature=mhee
MELK-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #54
tfs32
I'd Flip it :popcorn:

Bike: 07 R6 09 R1 KTM EXC330
I'm on cups and won't go back

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Thanks to my 2014 Sponsors
Pirelli - Good Grip Racing - Velocity Calibrations - Imo's Pizza
MCRA Expert GT #32
Follow me at https://www.facebook.com/TSpeckerracing
tfs32 is offline   Reply With Quote