Gundam's 09 Track build - Page 4 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Bike Build Forum

Old 11-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #31
Xtina
Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Bike: '13 Ninja 300, '07 Gix600
Re: Gundam's 09 Track build

Here's where I get my stuff:
http://bluestreakracing.ca/engine-co...-hardware.html

SOAR #818
Xtina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #32
TheJokester3
A work in progress...

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

http://www.indysuperbike.com/custome...t=24759&page=1
20 bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2007r6 View Post
"I refuse to tip toe through life to arrive safely at deaths door".
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
There is more to squidliness than just your gear.
Build Thread
TheJokester3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #33
Gundamzeppelin
Tons of juice. Crazyjuice

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJokester3 View Post
Nice! really at this point to replace it would be out of sheer vanity. I'll live with red till I bin it
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack
Gundamzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #34
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamzeppelin View Post
You're right Sherman the Swag factor would be HIGH. The classic 50th scheme in blue would really be sweet.

I've had a few sore rides in the mountain and back road areas.

I'm sure my days on the street are numbered once I get a real handle on track, I rarely ride as is unless it's a twisty road I know like the back of my hand & make sure the road is clean before I have a wee bit of fun, but always with in reason. I never push my luck or my ability

I know I haven't tapped into any of the R6's true ability due to my tame nature..... I've been pulled over for going under the speed limit.
But that BMW, man it's life changing I've only spent 20 mins on one and WOW.

The brakes should have been adjusted for my liking, but non the less that thing could stop on a dime. I guess you need that stopping ability for the power. Speaking of power my god that thing rips holes through TIME!

Also the way I could change direction makes the R6 seem sluggish. I'm not saying I'm fast, but even I could notice the difference in machines.

The weight factor, so much lighter than the R6 IMO. It truly is a pretty little death machine.

Personally I'd KILL to own it and keep the R6 for track. But the main reason I don't have a BMW right now is because I knew I wasn't fast enough. I feel bad for the guy I was talking to at the dealership because he was close as **** to having me sign some papers! Poor bastard I tickled his balls with a feather.

I wouldn't worry about a RIP thread for me....Well who am I lying to I hope to die on a motorcycle so I can go out happy.

But knowing my luck I'll die in my sleep from vomit due to excessive drinking or something, Good change a woman will kill me.

If you knew how many times I tried to off myself & I'm still kicking you'd be shocked. I'm like a roach or something.

25! The one site I checked wanted 45!? I better do more looking!

Yeah seriously, Riding is the only thing I do worth wild in my eyes. I wish I got a bike sooner I wasted so many years of my life not riding.

Thanks man, I goal is to be one of the "illest" R6's here. I have a long road ahead of me.
Damn... That is some depressing shit. Chazz, if you ever want to shoot the shit, call anytime. I know most guys around these parts have my number... I've had some dark days too after a couple tours in Afghanistan. But that is never the answer man... Been down the blackout drinkin days too... Bad news man. You ever need to talk to someone, just call. If you don't have my number, PM me and I'll shoot it your way.

As for the BMW... I will say a few racing shops around me, even one running a BMW in AMA say the ZX-10 is where it's at, hands down. ESP is parting out a 2011 BMW to build a ZX-10 AMA bike. Guys love them, but for the pure sex of the best machine out right now, your money would be best spent on the ZX-10...

In for the build!

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:58 AM   #35
Gundamzeppelin

Chief set me up with some sweet swag & a free t-shirt!, woodcraft cover form disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
Damn... That is some depressing shit. Chazz, if you ever want to shoot the shit, call anytime. I know most guys around these parts have my number... I've had some dark days too after a couple tours in Afghanistan. But that is never the answer man... Been down the blackout drinkin days too... Bad news man. You ever need to talk to someone, just call. If you don't have my number, PM me and I'll shoot it your way.

As for the BMW... I will say a few racing shops around me, even one running a BMW in AMA say the ZX-10 is where it's at, hands down. ESP is parting out a 2011 BMW to build a ZX-10 AMA bike. Guys love them, but for the pure sex of the best machine out right now, your money would be best spent on the ZX-10...

In for the build!

I'm one of those guys who makes a joke of his problems best way to deal I say. Also I'd hate to burden anyone with me, I was a mess from day one. My old man was in the special forces I can't remember which, I'd ask him if we still talked.

Btw That reminds me of the time I tired to join the marines. They rejected me for a number of reasons. I guess telling the recruiter I have long hair in & a Bandana in honor of Axl Rose & John Rambo didn't move him as deeply as I felt. I also stated I was looking for a place to die. Guess these weren't selling points also my cardio was total shit.

I'm not too fond of booze, well honey Jack Daniels isn't bad. Best way to sleep is totally loaded you just pass out. Other wise I am up all night wired

I do hear the ZX is the better option of the two on top of that cheaper The ZX dominated this years BSB. but I'm bias toward the BMW. I need one uber pricey bike to make me feel like I'm ballin

Maybe if I go on another hardcore level bender I will harass you instead of chief :
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

launchpad McQuack

Last edited by Gundamzeppelin; 11-17-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:36 AM   #36
Gundamzeppelin

The fcuk up:

If Fcuking up was an art form I'd be a true renaissance man! Much like if Masturbation was a crime I'd be on DeathRow.

While replacing my engine covers I had one of the star bolts strip on me on the sator. (just my luck the others no problem this one comes half way and bites the dust.)

I also nicked the coated copper wire with the t-30 bit. After reading on the net what to do I attempted to dremel it so i could use a flat head. After this failed miserably.

I was left with two options take it to the dealer and pay an arm & a leg or try to tough it out myself.
Well I decided to figure it out myself this may not have been one of my proudest moments nor wisest decision. Much like going to a strip club on December 24th with no money at 18 years old. long story short the bouncer told me I have to leave I said "not on Jesus's birthday! I don't" he picked me up chair and all than threw me in the snow.

It was time to stay the course as Bush would say... We all remember how well that went. :look:

After dremeling it down hardcore I was able to get it out, but I noticed I nailed the inside of the sator ring.
Hard as hell to see with all those sparks flying.

IS it still useable or should I just replace it?

I'm currently waiting for new star bolts in the mail before I attempt to put it back together and turn her on again. The first time was ruff as if the battery was dead, I let I run for 30 seconds before I thought "better not push my luck." btw with the MJS/termi/flash ECU the bike sounded like a damn monster for the short time it was on.

I asked chief for his insight I blew up his phone like an ex GF with an unwanted pregnancy.

Bluerebel says I maybe cool, I am currently harassing Melk-man to see what his 2cents are.

Yep I cemented my place as the most ****ed track build ever in the R6 Forum history.
Hunter S. Thompson
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

launchpad McQuack

Last edited by Gundamzeppelin; 11-17-2012 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:08 AM   #37
Gundamzeppelin

Small update sergioandres offered to send me a Sator at the price of shipping. This site kicks all sorts of ass! Just in time too! It's getting cold outside, Gotta get the bike in the house before snow falls.
Hunter S. Thompson
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

launchpad McQuack
Old 11-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #38
GenPatton
Motorcycle Race VIP Guy

Bike: 2007 R6 Rossi Replica

Chazz sorry to hear you've been hitting some issues, but glad to hear people are helping you out.

Is this going to be your street bike too next year? Doing some work on the R6 myself today. Gonna have to do another ride up to the dam next year.

BMC Race Filter | M4 Cat Delete | Termignoni Exhaust | Bazzaz Fuel Tuner | AGG Block-Off Plates
Fren Tubo Type 2 Lines | Integrated Tail | Rossi Replica Fairings |
OES Frame Sliders | AGG 10000K HIDs
CNC Tomok Mirrors | Lightech Quick Release Gas Cap
| GP Shift Setup | Shorty CNC Levers | Zero Gravity Screen
☼ March 2013 Ride of the Month
GenPatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #39
Gundamzeppelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPatton View Post
Chazz sorry to hear you've been hitting some issues, but glad to hear people are helping you out.

Is this going to be your street bike too next year? Doing some work on the R6 myself today. Gonna have to do another ride up to the dam next year.
Me too man. The bike will pull double duty we'll see how I feel next year. knowing how lazy I tend to be, I may strap some LED's on the track body work to be able to ride it on the street.

You know we never did get action pictures out there, maybe net year.

We should set up a meeting spot at the abandoned gas station, it's already where the track guys chill sometimes. Also that left hander in front of the station is so aggressive would be prime for beautiful shots.

The two older guys who own those bikes, Don't ride with them unless you are fast. Those two are beast.
Hunter S. Thompson
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

launchpad McQuack
Old 11-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #40
GenPatton
Motorcycle Race VIP Guy

Bike: 2007 R6 Rossi Replica

Yeah definitely plan on bringing out the DSLR next year. The GoPro can only do so much. I think that'll be a good spot to post up with the tripod and get pictures of people going by.

That the dude with the 848 Hayden you said was destroying his tires up there? At least he's got talent to back up the bike he's on.

BMC Race Filter | M4 Cat Delete | Termignoni Exhaust | Bazzaz Fuel Tuner | AGG Block-Off Plates
Fren Tubo Type 2 Lines | Integrated Tail | Rossi Replica Fairings |
OES Frame Sliders | AGG 10000K HIDs
CNC Tomok Mirrors | Lightech Quick Release Gas Cap
| GP Shift Setup | Shorty CNC Levers | Zero Gravity Screen
☼ March 2013 Ride of the Month
GenPatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement