Drying gear out? - Page 3 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Safety Equipment

Old 06-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #21
blue03r6
doing your fat girlfriend

Bike: 03 R6
Re: Drying gear out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan j View Post
I want to do track day in the rain. Seems like it would be fun.

Boots will shrink if you dry them with a heater... My friend dried his smx plus boots in front of a space heater, now he says they feel a good bit tighter
astar is one of the last companies to use cow leather on their boots still. well the smx+ boots do anyway.
most everyone else has moved on to lorica (synthetic leather) it's supposedly better. some high end suits are made of it now.

Last edited by blue03r6; 06-12-2012 at 02:18 PM.
blue03r6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #22
Delta74
Lifetime Premium

If you really want a hanger to dry it, look to a different sport, Like SCUBA gear, its called a Hangair and works great I own two of them for my gear, and 60 bucks for them, holds alot of weight, as I hang my heaviest of wet suits and even dry suits from them.

but use a good conditioner as others have said, and sorry to pull this from page 4 but thought if I can save people cash, its all good.

http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-166/...uit-Dryer.html
Delta74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #23
danaatscootdotnet
www.1seven1.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue03r6 View Post
^ my suit says don't hang just lay them flat. you will need to turn them over. I use lexol leather care products myself because they use the same oils the tanner does to make the leather in their conditioner. and it smells like a brand new suit again.

http://lexol.com/Product_leather_conditioner.aspx
+1 for the Lexol. The spray is really easy to use and helps get the bugs off. If you ride in the rain a lot, maybe you need a rain suit to go over your leathers. I've got one. They're fairly cheap.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #24
danaatscootdotnet
www.1seven1.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta74 View Post
If you really want a hanger to dry it, look to a different sport, Like SCUBA gear, its called a Hangair and works great I own two of them for my gear, and 60 bucks for them, holds alot of weight, as I hang my heaviest of wet suits and even dry suits from them.

but use a good conditioner as others have said, and sorry to pull this from page 4 but thought if I can save people cash, its all good.

Nice find, Delta74!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #25
bryan j
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta74 View Post

hell yea man. thanks
great first post lol

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
bryan j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #26
MELK-MAN
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

after a rain race weekend, i lay the leathers and gear on a bunch of towels on a guest bed with the ceiling fan on. here in Florida it's rain forest humid, so ya need the gear inside in the AC.
whatever ya do, don't leave em in the trailer or in a gear bag. i'm guessing the funk will be intense.

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles
www.facebook.com/greg.melka.1
My racin n' ridin youtube vids http://www.youtube.com/user/gregmelka?feature=mhee
MELK-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement