Going to check out a 2001 R6 tomorrow, and honestly quite excited!
Will be my first sports bike!
The owner say's he is the second owner and it has a low 16,000km's on it.
But, before i go and lay down my hard earned. I have a few question's.
1. Are there any common problems that i should be aware about for a 2001 model/R6's in general?
2. Do these fairings look original?
3. Any idea on the pipe on this thing?
4. Any key points i should look at during inspection to verify km's?
5. Anything i should be looking at other then Oil/Coolant colors to verify engine condition? Never heard/seen one before in the flesh before so not sure what to expect. Should it idle smooth on a cold start? Will it be jumpy on idle? Is it a responsive bike or dull and mushy?
Pics are as below, hopefully I won't get screwed over and buy something genuine
Comments/Advice greatly appreciated, and with some luck I can join all you fine folk in the great privilege of owning a R6