» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 11-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #11
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

Bike: 2008 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlryan View Post
The hardest part of Combat Control school is ATC school. I've met so many people over my 6 1/2 years that could meet the physical requirements fine, but couldn't pass ATC school, which is kind of the main point of Combat Control. Start researching ATC so you don't get caught off guard when they throw 9 months of school at you after indoc. Good luck friend.
That's the best part, I'm already a rated controller :toocool have been since I joined. The physical part, mainly the cardio, will be my toughest battle. I workout a lot but, I don't do a lot of cardio

Old 11-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #12
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

39 pull ups, 97 situps, 1 mile.

Can't wait for these next two rest days. Did the 10 taco challenge today at work so I blame that for my poor cardio performance bad idea, don't ever do it. Ever.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #13
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

22 pullups, 30 pushups, 40 situps, 1mile. Went for a lighter day to keep everything going and burn calories.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #14
gsxcorey
Riding his own ride...

Re: Cct training

Good luck bro. I went through SERE and the last half of indoc at medina annex our instructors had to leave and we went with pj/cct. It's hard, but the physical stuff isn't...it's the mental that is hard. They physically beat you down, but just because you're in shape doesn't mean you'll make it. It's designed to weed out those who quit. Nothing more. It's more of a mental game then physical. Good luck!

I don't see in your workout anything regarding the pool? That is where most quit. Get ready to swim until you drown, untie knots under water, swim under water until you pass out (2-4 lengths of the pool normally), tread water like a turtle, etc.

You just have to meet the min physical requirements to pass, but they push you WAY beyond that to weed out those who don't have it mentally. They want to know when you're on a mission you'll complete it or die trying.

Check us out on Facebook too.

Last edited by gsxcorey; 11-18-2012 at 10:34 PM.
gsxcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #15
ATCdomer03
He who hesitates is lost.

From one controller to another, good luck bro. It's all mental from the people I talk to that went through it. Don't quit, and trust in the brothers next to you to save you ass when you pass out from being underwater too long. Get it!
ATCdomer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:51 AM   #16
radiostar
make it a double

Bike: 2011 gsxr600

I just looked into the CCT physical requirements, and they dont appear very strenuous at all (theyre actually considerably lower than the City Police here have to complete). I sure would have expected higher minimums considering the challenge you face when you get in. Seems odd to me.

However you sound like your WAY ahead of the game with the numbers your pushing, so congratulations and keep at it bro.

"Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it." -Augustine

radiostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:29 AM   #17
bryan j
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
I live right next to the largest police/co training facility in the south east. My friend became a co then quit in a month, he let the inmates get to him.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
bryan j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #18
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
Good luck bro. I went through SERE and the last half of indoc at medina annex our instructors had to leave and we went with pj/cct. It's hard, but the physical stuff isn't...it's the mental that is hard. They physically beat you down, but just because you're in shape doesn't mean you'll make it. It's designed to weed out those who quit. Nothing more. It's more of a mental game then physical. Good luck!

I don't see in your workout anything regarding the pool? That is where most quit. Get ready to swim until you drown, untie knots under water, swim under water until you pass out (2-4 lengths of the pool normally), tread water like a turtle, etc.

You just have to meet the min physical requirements to pass, but they push you WAY beyond that to weed out those who don't have it mentally. They want to know when you're on a mission you'll complete it or die trying.
My plan was to get in the pool in about another 3 week's after my cardio gets back to where I can actually run a couple miles and not feel like a total vagina I was going to start with laps and tread water between when I wanted to catch my breath. Possibly bring a milk jug with to hold over my head when I get stronger with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCdomer03 View Post
From one controller to another, good luck bro. It's all mental from the people I talk to that went through it. Don't quit, and trust in the brothers next to you to save you ass when you pass out from being underwater too long. Get it!
Thanks man :toocool

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiostar View Post
I just looked into the CCT physical requirements, and they dont appear very strenuous at all (theyre actually considerably lower than the City Police here have to complete). I sure would have expected higher minimums considering the challenge you face when you get in. Seems odd to me.

However you sound like your WAY ahead of the game with the numbers your pushing, so congratulations and keep at it bro.
Thanks man, they have minimums but that's just to qualify, and doesn't guarantee you'll be accepted into the programs. The sites I've seen suggest doubling most of the totals. I'd like to be ahead of the curve so my body is used to the stress and I'll be less likely to get injured.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement, really helpful :toocool
Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #19
gsxcorey
Riding his own ride...

tread water with your hands holding a milk jug over your head and use just your feet. If you want to really get practice keep your feet together after a run, keep your hands together and practice sinking to the bottom and jumping up and getting one breath then sinking back down. They do a lot of all of this until you're body is about to go spasm out. Then you do it more LOL. Your body can do more then your mind believes it can.

Check us out on Facebook too.
gsxcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #20
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
tread water with your hands holding a milk jug over your head and use just your feet. If you want to really get practice keep your feet together after a run, keep your hands together and practice sinking to the bottom and jumping up and getting one breath then sinking back down. They do a lot of all of this until you're body is about to go spasm out. Then you do it more LOL. Your body can do more then your mind believes it can.
About how deep would you suggest for the water jumps? I need a workout for today and the pool sounds...uninviting without a real plan.