» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #21
gsxcorey
Riding his own ride...

Re: Cct training

12' go down, hit the bottom and come up and get air. WE had to do it with arms/legs tied after other work outs. It really tests you mentally as you barely get enough oxygen and you'll see guys wig out under water and the instructors have to go get them. Staying cool/calm is the only way to make it. You freak out and your body wants more oxygen and you're screwed.

Check us out on Facebook too.
gsxcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #22
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

Bike: 2008 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
12' go down, hit the bottom and come up and get air. WE had to do it with arms/legs tied after other work outs. It really tests you mentally as you barely get enough oxygen and you'll see guys wig out under water and the instructors have to go get them. Staying cool/calm is the only way to make it. You freak out and your body wants more oxygen and you're screwed.
Good shit man, if you have any other ideas post em up. Really anything to make it easier in the long run is going to be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #23
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

1.6 mile run. Idk why I did 1.6 just started to get a sweat goin tryin to stay loose I guess.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #24
HellFire
I have a dig bick...

Bike: '12 Panigale S w/ABS

One of my good friends Neal F. is a dive instructor at Tyndall, we were deployed together to Afghan when he was still an operational controller. ASOC and AFSOC both LOVE cross-fit, it is a hint for you. Everything you do outside of the pool right now, should be done with a ruck on. Practice farmer carry with 45lbs jugs or plates up to 1mile non-stop. Neal runs his kids at a pace of 6 min a mile for up to 3 miles at a time, thats a little slower than sprinting the whole time. Learn the ackward duckwalks too, get comfortable with them. Do a few tough mudder events to get comfortable being dirty and wet all the time. Also, I understand that there is a pre-indoc training at Hurlburt Field now a days before you go down to Lackland.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #25
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFire View Post
One of my good friends Neal F. is a dive instructor at Tyndall, we were deployed together to Afghan when he was still an operational controller. ASOC and AFSOC both LOVE cross-fit, it is a hint for you. Everything you do outside of the pool right now, should be done with a ruck on. Practice farmer carry with 45lbs jugs or plates up to 1mile non-stop. Neal runs his kids at a pace of 6 min a mile for up to 3 miles at a time, thats a little slower than sprinting the whole time. Learn the ackward duckwalks too, get comfortable with them. Do a few tough mudder events to get comfortable being dirty and wet all the time. Also, I understand that there is a pre-indoc training at Hurlburt Field now a days before you go down to Lackland.
0_0 damn, well giving myself 6 months to get in that type of shape. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #26
radiostar
make it a double

Bike: 2011 gsxr600

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFire View Post

tough shit man. and i thought my 8 minute mile was decent.

"Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it." -Augustine

radiostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #27
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

No real idea what I did numbers wise. Just know I about failed on everything. An idea of the supersets I did:

Pull ups to Farmers carries x 4
Pushups to running laps x 3
Situps to panting on the floor

Farmers carries suck been awhile since I last did them. Just bought a ruck off eBay. 33 shipped, not bad IMO. Getting cold so I'll be rucking in the snow/cold to get my tolerances up.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #28
HellFire
I have a dig bick...

Bike: '12 Panigale S w/ABS

Yes. Farmer carries suck donkey balls. I just did a set w/35lbs DBs on a treadmill for about 4 minutes at a pace of 2.5, that was my pre-sprint warm up. Then the pace went up to 10. I got Tough Mudder in 10 days and I am still not ready.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #29
mercenary
When in doubtThrottle out

Bike: Under Construction

Do alot of running and learn to control your breathing. You don't really have the time but researching Systema and practicing it would help your focus, breathing, and ability to stay calm through high stress situations.

MCRA/CCS#81
mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #30
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

Shit balls, thinking of doing a second workout today and taking a rest day tomorrow...sprints and abs maybe some plyo and buddy carries. I'll see when I get out of work.