Warning, fake Alpinestars gloves from ebay seller dilpeggg - Page 3 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Safety Equipment

Old 11-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #21
My94GT
Premium Member

Re: Warning, fake Alpinestars gloves from ebay seller dilpeggg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-7ames View Post
I'm not sure if they would hold up just as good because there is no kevlar lining, but who knows how much that really helps. Either way, I'm not willing to risk it. I didn't feel that this deal was too good to be true because they are the old 2008 model. I purchased my Tech 1-R suit for $950 from an actual retailer when they discontinued the model. Great discounts are out there when new models come out. Besides, I like the 2008 color scheme better than the 2013 models so I thought this was just old stock on clearance. I learned my lesson.

As far as an update, the seller has agreed to refund my money but he requested that I not leave negative or neutral feedback. I just ignored the question, but he still thinks these are genuine gloves, as if Alpinestars just decided to release some gloves with no kevlar lining. He said because the lining is only 40% kevlar, it makes since if you cannot see it. Whatever...I'm not sure how he explains the misspelling of Alpinestaps. He even went as far as sending me the e-mail conversation between him and a previous customer that is happy with his purchase of these gloves, as if his previous customer is an expert. Well, his previous customer rides on the street and I ride on the track. There is a difference. I don't want to take a chance.
the implied joke i was making was that A* gloves blow d*ck anyway seriously i had a brand new pair i wore for about 1k miles and they busted open at the seams. fcuk that! ive been down twice in my held phantoms and not only did my hands feel ok, but the gloves really arent that bad. ill be using them next season with no hesitation.

sig by milko
my build thread-
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152740
My94GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #22
rx-7ames
I eat my R6

Bike: '07 R6 '08 FZ1

Well, I got my full refund including shipping. The seller still claims that the gloves are real despite the misspelling and missing parts. Out of no where the auction was pulled from ebay so I couldn't even leave feedback. The seller says I was the only one that complained about the gloves so I'm not sure why they were pulled. This has been an eye opener to me. I will check out the suggetions from you guys.
rx-7ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #23
Badshot2
Work Hard, Play Hard

Bike: 2005 Blue R6
I had the exact same thing happen to me before! Never again for gear, I would highly recommend Riders Discount they have hooked me up numerous times, them or STG. Great prices and no knock offs.
Badshot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #24
NomNom
Beast Mode!

Bike: 2008 R6s

LOLOL STAPS. I'd piss me something furious if that happened to me. Hope it all works out for you!
NomNom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #25
XRayHound
Fat + S = Fast

Bike: '11 YZF-R6 '07 SV650S
Send a message via AIM to XRayHound Send a message via Yahoo to XRayHound Send a message via Skype™ to XRayHound

The sad thing is in my search for a new pair of gloves recently (Held fcuking Phantoms carry the day again... the Kool Aid is not just drank but CHUGGED ) I found lots of vendors closing out the older GP Pro for like just $23 more than you paid for the knock offs.

That said mine are 2008 and don't have the palm venting you refer to.

2005 maimed and dissected YZF-R6 trackbike "Callista Atropos Onyx"
1995 AVUSblau BMW ///M3 "Reika"
2011 YZF-R6 of rebirth "Callista Persephone Onyx"
XRayHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement