Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 11-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #11
Tribalic One
This is bat country!

Bike: 2005 white/red R6
Re: airline pilots

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintsoda View Post
my gf is a flight attendant. Crose enough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smackhappy View Post
Pics or it never happened...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
pics or
Tribalic One is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 01:10 AM   #12
DryIce307
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2008 R6S

I have Comm/Instrument/Multi. I can't afford to get CFI and I'm desperately trying to find a job. I need to actually get paid, and I have no idea how to go about building enough hours to get hired.
DryIce307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:36 AM   #13
radiostar
make it a double

Bike: 2011 gsxr600

Im a severe alcoholic just like Denzel Washington on the move Flight. Crose enough?

"Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it." -Augustine

radiostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:37 AM   #14
radiostar
make it a double

Bike: 2011 gsxr600

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryIce307 View Post
I have Comm/Instrument/Multi. I can't afford to get CFI and I'm desperately trying to find a job. I need to actually get paid, and I have no idea how to go about building enough hours to get hired.
I have a friend who has his helicopters license and is right now stuck doing flooring for 25 bucks an hour. Not enough work. No demand. I feel bad for him.
Its funny how being over-educated can be just as bad as being under-educated.

"Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it." -Augustine

radiostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:43 AM   #15
mknuchell
live to ride

Bike: 07 R6 charcoal
Send a message via Skype™ to mknuchell
Huge demand actually it's just so difficult in the middle grounds to get enough hours. I'm in the same boat kinda. I have my CFI job but I need multi hours BAD. Parachute jumping is a good way to build time with no CFI. Might wanna give that a thought. How many multi hours do you have?
mknuchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #16
TinyDancer
Resident Bulgarian

Bike: '12 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryIce307 View Post
The problem is that the easiest way to build hours and get paid doing it is to get your CFI. Other thing you can try is to see if any of your local stations (if you're in a major city) are hiring pilots to fly traffic routes. Boring but effective. Another option is to join CAP.

I know guys who have done all three. Good luck.

-Alex

KCCO
TinyDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #17
Badshot2
Work Hard, Play Hard

Bike: 2005 Blue R6
Good luck to all you guys! With how expensive it is to fly I don't know how you guys do it. This year ends the 65 year rule so will help out, just hang in there.
Badshot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #18
Mxracer118
I eat my R6

I'm saving up for my licence(s). shits expensive but being a commercial pilot is my dream! Any tips from those with experience would be awesome!
Mxracer118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #19
DryIce307
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2008 R6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknuchell View Post
Huge demand actually it's just so difficult in the middle grounds to get enough hours. I'm in the same boat kinda. I have my CFI job but I need multi hours BAD. Parachute jumping is a good way to build time with no CFI. Might wanna give that a thought. How many multi hours do you have?
I have about 25, just the amount that it took to get the rating.
DryIce307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #20
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

I've known a few commercial pilots. They were all laid off, etc. The industry tanked HARD over the past 10 years+. Coolest pilot I ever met was a private pilot. He flies for my Mom's Boss. Flies his Helicopter and Jet everywhere he goes. The dude flies the chopper to work 2-3 times a week. Shit is SO pimp!!

When we were in Bermuda and also went to Grand Cayman, the pilot was treated as highly regarded as the man himself. Epic suite in the Ritz Carlton, all expenses paid. Summers in FL at the Breakers resort and at least one annual company trip like this too he gets to fly to and all over the country.

I've never had such envy, and the dude was cool as shit too!!!

In the past, it was a pimp job. Bangin broads all over the country, flying you and your family for free anywhere, etc. Even they don't get the perks they used to.

And it's a VERY VERY VERY hard job to keep or get. Look at the one dude Sully who landed in the Hudson. Dude was a commercial pilot for like 20 years+. You can't compete with that kind of seat time!

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement