Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Local Scene > South West

Old 11-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #21
QR6
PHX-602

Bike: 2007 R6
Re: Phoenix, AZ Riders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
You guys should come out to the track! Arroyo Seco Raceway! It's a blast and plenty of suits, boots, and gloves to borrow free of charge, as well as half price for first timers and after that, you still can get a military discount on any trackdays after that... Great track, and a great group of people out there!
When is this track day? I don't have a suit or boots so I like what I hear so far. Never done a track day and would love to improve my skills.

I'm down for a AZ gathering if my busy schedule allows. As I said in the other thread, I'm in Laveen off 51st Ave. & Baseline Rd. Where would everyone meet and ride to?
ASMA #26 early retirement
My build thread:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162286
http://instagram.com/gfk602

QR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #22
Blkv8colt
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2006 R6 Raven

Thats what were trying to see cause we have no clue on places O.o
Blkv8colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #23
Paxter
I eat my R6

Bike: 06 YZF R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by QR6 View Post
When is this track day? I don't have a suit or boots so I like what I hear so far. Never done a track day and would love to improve my skills.

I'm down for a AZ gathering if my busy schedule allows. As I said in the other thread, I'm in Laveen off 51st Ave. & Baseline Rd. Where would everyone meet and ride to?
I've never done a track day either and would love to do it but am intimidated if I were to go alone. As far as meeting I'm not sure where. I haven't lived here long and really don't know where to ride

-2006 R6 Raven
6000K HID Projectors w/Blue Angel/ Red Demon eyes, Diablo Corsa Rosso tires, PUIG DBble Screen, ASV black shorty levers, Pro Grips, GYTR Air Filter, Int. Taillight, Rear Solo seat cowl, 520 Kit, Ttuner mid pipe, Leo Vince "Italia" SO, PC3, Agg Racing Smog BlockOffs, Auctmarts Race Replica Fairings.
-1978 Trans Am
Chesterfield Brown, All original rebuilt 403 w/ th350 Trans, Hooker long tube headers, 2.5" X-pipe exhaust, .030 bored, Comp Cams Rocker lifter kit, BFG Radials 245s, K&N Air filter.
Paxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #24
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by QR6 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxter View Post
I've never done a track day either and would love to do it but am intimidated if I were to go alone. As far as meeting I'm not sure where. I haven't lived here long and really don't know where to ride
Keep an eye on the Arroyo Seco Site. If you guys plan to come out you can pit with me and I can show you the ropes. Plenty(a shit ton) of suits, boots, and gloves to borrow for free for your trackday, tires, and other shit trackside. Also, it's a great environment and you can ask anyone to take you out and teach you a bit. You gotta start somewhere, and there's really nothing to be scared of. If one of you guys had a truck you could fit both bikes easy, or get a few guys and just rent a trailer and all split costs on gas. As far as the next trackday, I think it's Dec 1st weekend, during the banquet. But I won't make that. Need to do a few things to the bike before I take it back out. So I figure I'll wait till the new schedule for next year comes out and start planning/booking my trackdays and races then.

If you guys are ever interested, by all means shoot me a PM or a text. Just let me know. Between everyone out there, we'll get you squared away and out on the track! You could forget everything but your bike, and people would lend shit to get you out there... It's a blast on the track too! Sooooo much more so then the streets. Without a doubt.
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #25
Paxter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
Keep an eye on the Arroyo Seco Site. If you guys plan to come out you can pit with me and I can show you the ropes. Plenty(a shit ton) of suits, boots, and gloves to borrow for free for your trackday, tires, and other shit trackside. Also, it's a great environment and you can ask anyone to take you out and teach you a bit. You gotta start somewhere, and there's really nothing to be scared of. If one of you guys had a truck you could fit both bikes easy, or get a few guys and just rent a trailer and all split costs on gas. As far as the next trackday, I think it's Dec 1st weekend, during the banquet. But I won't make that. Need to do a few things to the bike before I take it back out. So I figure I'll wait till the new schedule for next year comes out and start planning/booking my trackdays and races then.

If you guys are ever interested, by all means shoot me a PM or a text. Just let me know. Between everyone out there, we'll get you squared away and out on the track! You could forget everything but your bike, and people would lend shit to get you out there... It's a blast on the track too! Sooooo much more so then the streets. Without a doubt.
Wow hey thank you!! That's why I hope to get a group of people together to ride with! I don't know many people down here and am hoping to know a few people who ride. Im currently going to MMI here in phoenix. Once we get this ride going I'm sure some of us would love to hit up the track with you. Feel like i already know some of you guys haha

-2006 R6 Raven
6000K HID Projectors w/Blue Angel/ Red Demon eyes, Diablo Corsa Rosso tires, PUIG DBble Screen, ASV black shorty levers, Pro Grips, GYTR Air Filter, Int. Taillight, Rear Solo seat cowl, 520 Kit, Ttuner mid pipe, Leo Vince "Italia" SO, PC3, Agg Racing Smog BlockOffs, Auctmarts Race Replica Fairings.
-1978 Trans Am
Chesterfield Brown, All original rebuilt 403 w/ th350 Trans, Hooker long tube headers, 2.5" X-pipe exhaust, .030 bored, Comp Cams Rocker lifter kit, BFG Radials 245s, K&N Air filter.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #26
Blkv8colt

Would be cool i can take my truck and the trailer but the R6 still gets me nervous lol
Old 11-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #27
Paxter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkv8colt View Post
Would be cool i can take my truck and the trailer but the R6 still gets me nervous lol
We will have to do some riding and fix that! Though I do hear the track helps with that too

-2006 R6 Raven
-1978 Trans Am
Old 11-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #28
Blkv8colt

Hope so. I got a question you guys think i'll be able to tint the clear lens myself with vht nightshade? it's temp till i get enough money to buy a better helment
Old 11-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #29
Paxter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Hope so. I got a question you guys think i'll be able to tint the clear lens myself with vht nightshade? it's temp till i get enough money to buy a better helment
Idk if that would work nor do I think I would try it haha

-2006 R6 Raven
-1978 Trans Am
Old 11-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #30
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

Quote:
Wow hey thank you!! That's why I hope to get a group of people together to ride with! I don't know many people down here and am hoping to know a few people who ride. Im currently going to MMI here in phoenix. Once we get this ride going I'm sure some of us would love to hit up the track with you. Feel like i already know some of you guys haha
Stick around... this forum is easily the best around. I've made some life long friends just by joining years ago.

Quote:
It should, for a loooong while until you get used to it. Don't ever fool yourself, these machine's are dangerous, in every sense of the word.

Quote:
We will have to do some riding and fix that! Though I do hear the track helps with that too

Quote:
Don't. Wear some shades in the mean time until you can afford a new visor. If you don't have any. Buy a cheap $5 pair in a gas station.
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement