Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Local Scene > South West

Old 11-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #51
QR6
PHX-602

Bike: 2007 R6
Re: Phoenix, AZ Riders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxter View Post
I would love to go to the track! But yea that is a long way away! Maybe one day all of us phoenix riders can get a road trip together to the track!
I have an 8 passenger SUV and 2 trailers. This could be an affordable trip with a few of us pitching in on gas. Sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to get experience on the R6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
Keep an eye on the Arroyo Seco Site. If you guys plan to come out you can pit with me and I can show you the ropes. Plenty(a shit ton) of suits, boots, and gloves to borrow for free for your trackday, tires, and other shit trackside. Also, it's a great environment and you can ask anyone to take you out and teach you a bit. You gotta start somewhere, and there's really nothing to be scared of. If one of you guys had a truck you could fit both bikes easy, or get a few guys and just rent a trailer and all split costs on gas. As far as the next trackday, I think it's Dec 1st weekend, during the banquet. But I won't make that. Need to do a few things to the bike before I take it back out. So I figure I'll wait till the new schedule for next year comes out and start planning/booking my trackdays and races then.

If you guys are ever interested, by all means shoot me a PM or a text. Just let me know. Between everyone out there, we'll get you squared away and out on the track! You could forget everything but your bike, and people would lend shit to get you out there... It's a blast on the track too! Sooooo much more so then the streets. Without a doubt.
We need to keep in touch as this sounds great since I don't have track gear. Good way to learn track etiquette as well.

Quote:
I freaking love it!!! Chiefsmokedawg really came through for me. He's a great guy to deal with!
This guy is AWESOME! I would recommend him to anyone I talk to. Actually, I already have...

Quote:
Don't worry bout them. Just worry about yourself. Hope you guys are wearing gear!

Just got the ECU flashed too, this thing pulls like a freight train now!
Yes, I hope all you guys wear gear. Never leave home without it!

Quote:
I was thinking about getting my ecu flashed, does it really make that much of a difference?
And I got my ECU done too and yes it pull like a freight train!

Quote:
Night and Day difference.

Quote:
I will have to do some research on what it does. But I have some other stuff that needs to be done before:/
Check out his vendor feedback. I can also send you a PM he sent me with all of the stuff it does for your bike. By far one of the best mods you can do for your bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster23 View Post
How about this. We meet up at wastgate at around 12 pm or whenever works for everybody. Then we'll grub at Shane's rib shack. Then we all ride out to Scottsdale fashion square mall. It's a long ways away I know but we'll get to ride in a big group (which always looks cool) and then we could tour the mall. And after that. We can go our separate ways or ride back to another "middle point" and then separate.......just a
Rough rough idea. Let me know what you guys think
Okay, this thread has moved really fast on me and I haven't had time to chime in.

I say we meet up early, have breakfast and get to know the group. Find out everyone's skill level and talk a game plan for our ride so we can make it a safe one for all involved, then get on the road. I would like to do a longer ride to Wickenburg or Payson by taking the 303 or something. Less traffic, less cops and some twisties on the way!

I'd rather not do the caravan to the mall and walk around. I guess I'm too old for that. If that's what you guys want to do then I'd be happy to ride out with you guys then break off and go my separate way. I don't ride everyday, so I want to be on my bike...
ASMA #26 early retirement
My build thread:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162286
http://instagram.com/gfk602

QR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #52
SlickXR6
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Attack R6

Sounds like a plan,
From every angle

3 cooks, 1 pot. Lets narrow this stuff down!
More riding sounds good to me Gotta get ready for my trackday in Dec!
SlickXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #53
elbaldwino
lolerbaiting

Bike: 2007 YZF-R6
Check out www.meetup.com, I believe there are a couple sport bike meet ups in your area.

+1 for arroyo though I need to get out there...

http://www.shermotoracing.com/

How to install Shermoto levers

http://youtu.be/Ts-les5mTxI?hd=1

www.tucsonsb.com
elbaldwino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #54
QR6
PHX-602

Bike: 2007 R6

R-Silaxin, when is the first track day of the new year?

As for the ride, everybody post your thoughts.
ASMA #26 early retirement
My build thread:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162286
http://instagram.com/gfk602

Last edited by QR6; 11-20-2012 at 09:49 AM.
QR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #55
SlickXR6
I eat my R6

Only reason I didnt hit Arroyo this month is I couldnt get forum access to find a ride there. Don't really feel like driving that far solo. Its boring as shit.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #56
tuscani451
I finish 4th

Bike: 2007 R6-Race

Hi y'all, thought I'd chime in. I've racing at arroyo for two seasons now and it's without a doubt the best place to start on the track. There is also AMP in the west valley but I wouldn't do that as my first track day as I don't think they have instructors. The new racers school at arroyo is the way to go, but the next one is not until March. I'm more then happy to help organize a trip out to that if you are interested.

A suggestion for your ride you are planning? Maybe look in to a SoMo ride or up to Prescott or TTF. Google southwest rides for a good meetup group that plans a lot of rides.

PS I have a extra set of track gear I can loan to a trust worthy person who is my same size
tuscani451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #57
SlickXR6
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscani451 View Post
Hi y'all, thought I'd chime in. I've racing at arroyo for two seasons now and it's without a doubt the best place to start on the track. There is also AMP in the west valley but I wouldn't do that as my first track day as I don't think they have instructors. The new racers school at arroyo is the way to go, but the next one is not until March. I'm more then happy to help organize a trip out to that if you are interested.

A suggestion for your ride you are planning? Maybe look in to a SoMo ride or up to Prescott or TTF. Google southwest rides for a good meetup group that plans a lot of rides.

PS I have a extra set of track gear I can loan to a trust worthy person who is my same size
Thanks for the chime in!

Sucks its not until March. Im hitting AMP as my first on 9 Dec. Xcel trackday. They have instructors and free leathers. Not a bad price either. I wish you were my size. but at 6'6 and 34" waist I am never anyones size!

Im def up for a ACR trip next year though. Hope to hit some Cali spots too.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #58
monster23
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2000 R6

Ok Do you guys just wanna ride??
Then I came up with is while day-dreamin at work (The norm) anyways I have a visual so you could see how far and long it'll be of just riding.

Step 1: Meet up at wastegate (I think everyone agrees on that right?).
1a. Introductions, ex. name, bike you ride, Something your proud of about the bike.
1b. The riders experience is a great idea, we'll keep it.
1c. The plan
Step 2: Skip eating, simple we'll eat later.
Step 3: If your low on fuel then make it known, we'll ride to a gas station (This isnt the last time we'll stop at a gas station)
Step 4: Take the loop 101 south and loop to the I-10
Step 5: Get on the I-17 from there the outlets at Anthem (We'll stop at that gas station, for fuel, piss break, stretch, ect.) after a few minutes...
Step 6: Ride back into phoenix...but get on the 101 asap
Step 7: Get off at bell road then eat a Hooters.....
Step 8: Separate????

Let me know what you guys think about this idea
monster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #59
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by QR6 View Post
I have an 8 passenger SUV and 2 trailers. This could be an affordable trip with a few of us pitching in on gas. Sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to get experience on the R6.

We need to keep in touch as this sounds great since I don't have track gear. Good way to learn track etiquette as well.

This guy is AWESOME! I would recommend him to anyone I talk to. Actually, I already have...

Yes, I hope all you guys wear gear. Never leave home without it!

And I got my ECU done too and yes it pull like a freight train!

Check out his vendor feedback. I can also send you a PM he sent me with all of the stuff it does for your bike. By far one of the best mods you can do for your bike.

Okay, this thread has moved really fast on me and I haven't had time to chime in.

I say we meet up early, have breakfast and get to know the group. Find out everyone's skill level and talk a game plan for our ride so we can make it a safe one for all involved, then get on the road. I would like to do a longer ride to Wickenburg or Payson by taking the 303 or something. Less traffic, less cops and some twisties on the way!

I'd rather not do the caravan to the mall and walk around. I guess I'm too old for that. If that's what you guys want to do then I'd be happy to ride out with you guys then break off and go my separate way. I don't ride everyday, so I want to be on my bike...
Shoot me a PM for my info. Easiest way to keep in touch. Especially for you guys to make plans to come out to the track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbaldwino View Post
Check out www.meetup.com, I believe there are a couple sport bike meet ups in your area.

+1 for arroyo though I need to get out there...
Then come on out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QR6 View Post
R-Silaxin, when is the first track day of the new year?

As for the ride, everybody post your thoughts.
Idk mang... Check the site... Couple more tweaks and my bike will be (my) perfect track machine! Def ready to roll into next season at Arroyo! I'll be at as many trackdays and race weekends as I can possibly manage!

And as I said, you'z guys are welcome to pit with me and all. I usually rent power, play some music in the pits, and have a good time. Going to start bringing my tailgaitin grill and such next season too. Do it up on track weekends grillin out and drankin! We always have a good time out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickXR6 View Post
Only reason I didnt hit Arroyo this month is I couldnt get forum access to find a ride there. Don't really feel like driving that far solo. Its boring as shit.
Should have just hit me up brutha. I woulda got ya squared away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscani451 View Post

I figured you were the guy running that Daytona out at Arroyo... Just saw your other thread. Don't think I've actually met you in person though. Have I... I've got the orange/black tracked out R6... Got some Woodcraft rearsets coming off it too for sale if you're interested for your bike. I loved them! Just need adjustable rearsets with my short ass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickXR6 View Post
Thanks for the chime in!

Sucks its not until March. Im hitting AMP as my first on 9 Dec. Xcel trackday. They have instructors and free leathers. Not a bad price either. I wish you were my size. but at 6'6 and 34" waist I am never anyones size!

Im def up for a ACR trip next year though. Hope to hit some Cali spots too.
I joined Xcel, never had a chance to make it out with them this season. I definitely plan to next year though. Love the environment at Arroyo though, and its just about an hour away. So it's super close to head out to a track weekend. I will venture out to other tracks next year though!
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #60
Blkv8colt
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2006 R6 Raven

I'm gamed for anything but great ideas and qr6 is right about that mall stuff
Blkv8colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement