Yoshi R-55 issue, may apply to other slip-ons too - Page 2 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Exhaust and fuel delivery

Old 11-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #11
Hijakd
Yami scares me the bitch

Bike: Turbo Vespa, awww yeeee
Re: Yoshi R-55 issue, may apply to other slip-ons too

Mate this is exactly what happened to me........except all I did was take a dremel to the reducer.....I cut another three 'streacher' lines in it and F%*king jammed it on lmao it fit perfect and I cleaned any excess pipe off with the dremel aswell......what a pain in the ass right? mine ended up with perfect fitment using that little clamp thing......

"Prey on the weak and you will survive, prey on the strong and you will live" - some badass
Hijakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
Chad68
My other bike is a Tacoma

Bike: Bitchin' Blue 2012 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijakd View Post
Mate this is exactly what happened to me........except all I did was take a dremel to the reducer.....I cut another three 'streacher' lines in it and F%*king jammed it on lmao it fit perfect and I cleaned any excess pipe off with the dremel aswell......what a pain in the ass right? mine ended up with perfect fitment using that little clamp thing......
I had thought about doing that as well (having 2-4 lines instead of one) but I was concerened I would have to cut those lines all the way into and through that small ~45 degree 'step up' to the bigger diameter and that it would cause leaking points once forced onto and clamped to the cat pipe.

Any leaking points I suppose could have been filled in with a weld here and there but I guess I was just being a bitch and didn't think I should have to do that with a Yoshi slip on LOL. I was tired and in a bad mood before and just didn't like the way they were on the phone or in their e-mails.

Objects in mirror are V-twins.

Today's post was brought to you by the letter R and the number 6.

Silly rabbit, tricks are for squids.
Chad68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #13
legendes
I eat my R6

Bike: 09 R6 Raven

i saw the r55 slip on priced @ $450 for the all stainless on dennis kirk

might want to check with motomummy they have it for $400 w/ free shipping

i ordered a couple things from them and one item even shipped the same business day. im sure you can call them up to confirm the diameter of adapter too if they have it in stock.

if you're going to order it from the dealer and they dont have it in stock... some of them will charge you a restocking fee if you want to return it.
legendes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #14
Chad68
My other bike is a Tacoma

Bike: Bitchin' Blue 2012 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendes View Post
i saw the r55 slip on priced @ $450 for the all stainless on dennis kirk

might want to check with motomummy they have it for $400 w/ free shipping

i ordered a couple things from them and one item even shipped the same business day. im sure you can call them up to confirm the diameter of adapter too if they have it in stock.

if you're going to order it from the dealer and they dont have it in stock... some of them will charge you a restocking fee if you want to return it.
I will look into MotoMummy. When I bought mine from DK 3 months ago they were $415 with free shipping but now they are up to, like you said $450, plus I ate a few bucks for sending it back. But knowing I will most likely have the same problem again and have to ghetto rig something leaves me on the fence.

This megaphone slip on I got today, I can't make up my mind if I want to send it back or use it for target practice or melt it down and make fishing weights out of it.

I wouldn't even put this tip on a lawnmower. After I ordered it I knew I wasn't going to like it. It never shows in any pics but of all the places they decided to run a lengthwise welded seam, they put it in the most obvious place (180 degrees from the swingarm).

If the swingarm side of the slip on is the 9 o'clock position, why would you put the welded seem in the 3 o'clock position, instead of the 6'oclock position where it wouldn't be seen?

Maybe I'm just way too picky.

Should just leave it with the stock can gone and call it a day.

Objects in mirror are V-twins.

Today's post was brought to you by the letter R and the number 6.

Silly rabbit, tricks are for squids.
Chad68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #15
Aleeex
m3lover2

Bike: Trek Fuel 90
I don't know what youre doing .. but go in the marketplace. There was a full trc carbon system for 500.

/of your troubles

My Vouch Thread

John 3:16
Aleeex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #16
PainterNick08
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2008 Yamaha R6

When i bought my R-55 i oredered it through hawkeye superbikes here in my town, and when i got it the baffle is suppose to be out of it and in a seperate package, but with mine it was installed in the slip on already, which made me think that yosh had sold this to someone and they had the same problem as you did and they sent it back after putting the baffle in it, when i put the slip-on, on my bike i had the same problem, i just used a rubber mallot and a 2x4 and beat it on, but then it wouldnt go on all the way so i had to take off a mesh sort of thing and do it all over again, and now it looks great and with the baffle out it sounds great to, i love it, but the hassle dealing with it did piss me off.
PainterNick08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #17
EJ_R6Ryder
Metal Millitia

Bike: 2010 R6 Raven
I bought one (used), it's on my bike. I used a coupling that was used on the stock slip on, and wrapped header wrap around the pipe to make it fit snug once I slipped it on and I tightened the clamp. It works fine, looks a lot better than the slash cut I had on before.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Advertisement