A different kind of thanks - Page 2 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 11-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #11
Pipelinz
Tracers work both ways

Bike: 04 R6 (Sold) 06 R6R
Re: A different kind of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004R6Rider View Post
^I'm thankful for our armed forces

Seriously, hats off to them. They lay their lives on the line for the simple reason that they love freedom and the security of the citizens of their home country. That's pretty freakin' awesome.

I'm also thankful to live in a place where riding season is 10 months long.

“Out of every one hundred men in battle, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” ― Heraclitus
Pipelinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
Krutoydiesel
she drops it low

Bike: SOLD-2011 Yamaha R6 Raven

im thankful for my God who sent His son to die for my sins, im thankful for my family, and that we are finally getting close, its becoming a unit! , very thankful for my girlfriend who is very loving, gorgeous, and bears with me when im a little cray cray, thankful for this forum that continually teaches me a lot about the dangers, and also the joys of having an R6, im thankful for my job, even though i dont like it, nor does it pay well at all. a job is a job and im thankful i have it. also thankful im not disabled in any way, most of us have it good, just to be able to sit on a bike and ride it vs sit on a wheel chair
Modified 05 Headers
Modified Devil Rocket CF slip on
Block off plates-AggRacing
6k HIDs-AggRacing
Bauce Flashed ECU-Bauce Racing
BMC Race Filter-Bauce Racing
Reservoir Socks-Slowboy
CF Triple tree cover-SKUR

Future-
Shermans levers...
Krutoydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #13
Honey Badger
just don't care

Bike: '02 R6 (track); '05 ZX10R

I'm thankful that I made it to California and got out of the midwest. I'm thankful that I got into motorcycles when I did, not only because of everything that riding itself is to me, but also because of the people, the awesome community, and the friends I've made through the moto community. I don't live near family, but I don't have to worry about spending Thanksgiving alone because of moto friends
Honey Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #14
TheJokester3
A work in progress...

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

Thankful for the opportunity to get my masters. This program will help me with my future and will better my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2007r6 View Post
"I refuse to tip toe through life to arrive safely at deaths door".
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
There is more to squidliness than just your gear.
Build Thread
TheJokester3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #15
ReaperKK
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: '08 R6S

I'm thankful that I have the opportunities that I've had this year to travel and experience many things that many people cannot.

I'm also thankful for my relatively good health!
ReaperKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #16
Agg2001
Original Member-Vendor

Bike: 2007 R6, 2005 CRF250r
Send a message via AIM to Agg2001 Send a message via MSN to Agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Agg2001

thankful i have agg racing. not only is it fun, it helps support my own addiction to the track.

High-end, AFFORDABLE, parts and accessories for your bike!

ALWAYS free shipping to the USA, with 1-3 day delivery times.

Agg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #17
HardRacing.
TOP SITE SPONSOR

Bike: OHLINS_MASTER_DEALER

All Great Posts.

Celebrating our 16th year in business
HardRacing. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #18
Fallis
Meh

Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom

I am thankful that my girlfriend added me her to her AAA so I didn't have to go the god awful DMV to transfer my truck title.
Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #19
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

I'm sooo thankful for my life, and where it is FINALLY headed... I had a rough patch, a couple tours, divorced while overseas, alcohol abuse, followed by time in prison... Lost just about everything. But greatfull for family and friends who stuck by me and helped me through it all... Now, I'm back in school full time, using my GI Bill towards my degree in Mechanical Engineering, and looking forward to a very bright future. I'm also, MOST greatfull for my daughter I was blessed with having, divorce and all aside... That little girl has saved my life, given me a reason to succeed, and better myself, so that I can better her life. I may not get to see her as much as I'd like, but I talk to her almost daily, and even that sometime's is the most fulfilling part of my day.

Most of all, I'm thankful to God. For all of the above and future blessings to come. He has put me through some tough times, but only to test me, and help me prove to myself how strong I am. How intelligent, and how driven I can be.

Lastly, I'm thankful for this forum, for without it... I would have almost certainly died years ago doing squidish things back when I began riding!

to you all
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #20
NeseLin6
To Infinity.. and BEYOND!

Bike: 2010 R6
Thankful for the relationship my dad and I have grown to have... It was rough growing up with him as a parent and still have our days.. But its just gotten much better.

Thankful for the people that I've met and have inspired me to do so much more.

Thankful for having the opportunity to go to school, work, and live in this country without a major worry as opposed to my own country.

Thankful for our soldiers that risk their lives on a daily basis so that we are able to live in peace (or at least try to).

Thankful for the things I've been through. Its helping me grow and continue molding me into who I'm supposed to become.

Thankful for the little things we take for granted, electricity, hot water, food on our table, roof over our heads & clothes on our back. Not to mention my car and bike.

Thankful for the guardian angels that have guided me and protected me and others along their way... I can only name one.. Anthony aka Chief! Lol

And thankful to this forum, all you guys for your help and support in this awesome sport.

We all go through shit and have rough days, but when we sit back and realize all that we've been blessed with, that's the ray of sunshine to my cloudy days.
NeseLin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement