Quick turn throttles?? : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 11-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
boloson
My R6 eats me.

Quick turn throttles??

I know other bike brands install the r6 throttle tube to get the 1/6 turn with some slight mods but what does r6 owners do to get a quicker turn to wot? Is stock throttle good enough? Motion pro throttle kits? What do you guys do?
boloson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
bryan j
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Motion pro if you got the coin, our just make one like I did. If you're interested in how to make one pm me

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
bryan j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
BigShepp
Tron has corrupted me

Bike: 2005 R6 Raven "Deimos"
Be careful if you buy a motion pro. It isn't a bike specific kit, so some serious modifications may be required.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Proverbs 14:23

“Faster, Faster, Until The Thrill Of Speed Overcomes The Fear Of Death.”
Hunter S. Thompson

"It wasn't until I went to college and I got my first motorcycle that I understood the thrill of speed."
Vin Diesel
BigShepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
bryan j
pin it to win it

Serious mods? Only thing I could imagine is maybe longer throttle cables but I doubt that to. I have a feeling if it required mods I would have heard about it, but its possible I reckon

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Old 11-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
boloson
My R6 eats me.

Re: Quick turn throttles??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan j View Post
Motion pro if you got the coin, our just make one like I did. If you're interested in how to make one pm me
Is it PVC or zip tie mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShepp View Post
Be careful if you buy a motion pro. It isn't a bike specific kit, so some serious modifications may be required.

Can u explain? the only bike specific on the motion pro would be the cables as far as I can tell. I've had the motion pro on my previous gixxer and it worked flawlessly but was wondering since the biggest cam it came with is 50 mm, how big of a difference would it be from the stock r6 1/6 housing?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
Tdub
FastForward Performance

Bike: Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShepp View Post

You must not be refering to the MP Revolver kit as it is a direct bolt on.
Tdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
Ryan5544
Suk it, Lee

90 percent sure they are bike specific. They make you choose your model when you buy them, and, the kit, comes with new cables. If that's the route you go.
Ryan5544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #8
bryan j
pin it to win it

Quote:
Originally Posted by boloson View Post
Is it PVC or zip tie mods?
Pvc. I can tell you the specs or send you one. I got a lot of them laying around.

Body:

Old 11-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #9
boloson
My R6 eats me.

I appreciate it but I'm scared a mod like that will malfunction. I was looking at the yoyodyne kits (euro racing) but read some people had issues with fraying cables due to its metal cams. I wanted to use an r6 throttle tube on my 09zx6r but couldn't find anyone online that has experiment with it yet. Just curious if the r6 guys uses other options asides from what have been mentioned
Old 11-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #10
bryan j
pin it to win it

If you have the coin the motion pro is tits for sure. I just did a diy BC im cheap lol

Body:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement