Daines Laguna Seca Pro Estiva... incredible - Page 2 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Safety Equipment

Old 11-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #11
iHak
Premium Member

Re: Daines Laguna Seca Pro Estiva... incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamzeppelin View Post
post pictures of the damage
I'll take some pics soon and post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Jesus Christ shipping to Hawaii is FAST sometimes!! I can't believe I see the thick pucks on the suit already. Sorry to see this thread at all man. I hope you feel better soon bro. Count your blessings!!
I knoWW! In all the excitement I forgot to thank you for them. And they're AWESOME!! I even love the way they look. Best pucks ever. I had only hit one corner (right hand) before this happened, but it felt really nice on the road and barely scratched it.
iHak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #12
coreski
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2012 yamaha r6

time to switch all jackets and gear to dainese lol
coreski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:42 AM   #13
iHak
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreski View Post
time to switch all jackets and gear to dainese lol
A few months ago I half fell from my bike, ran over my own leg after my left foot slipped off the peg, and was wearing Alpinestars track pants at the time.. they were shredded! That's what made me buy this new suit.. 90mph leg dragged under the bike and way less damage than the A-Star pants.

So.... SWITCH!! DO IT! hahahah
Old 11-21-2012, 07:00 AM   #14
coreski
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2012 yamaha r6

sigh all my gear is A star right now.....**** lol
coreski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #15
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHak View Post
I'll take some pics soon and post here

I knoWW! In all the excitement I forgot to thank you for them. And they're AWESOME!! I even love the way they look. Best pucks ever. I had only hit one corner (right hand) before this happened, but it felt really nice on the road and barely scratched it.
They just GLIDE so nicely on the pavement! They are much harder and will last forever for you. I'm glad to see you putting em to use. Hopefully you heal up quick man. Be safe on those streets bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHak View Post
A few months ago I half fell from my bike, ran over my own leg after my left foot slipped off the peg, and was wearing Alpinestars track pants at the time.. they were shredded! That's what made me buy this new suit.. 90mph leg dragged under the bike and way less damage than the A-Star pants.

So.... SWITCH!! DO IT! hahahah
Pics of the damaged pants? I have a set I wear on the street. I keep my old used pucks on em for street cred since these knees don't touch on the road.

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #16
S2 Studio
Y(o_o)Y

Bike: 05' R6

Glad to hear you are alright after that kinda spill. And now I'm definitely going with those sliders next season

S2 Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #17
Krutoydiesel
she drops it low

Bike: SOLD-2011 Yamaha R6 Raven

Quote:
They just GLIDE so nicely on the pavement! They are much harder and will last forever for you. I'm glad to see you putting em to use. Hopefully you heal up quick man. Be safe on those streets bro!

Pics of the damaged pants? I have a set I wear on the street. I keep my old used pucks on em for street cred since these knees don't touch on the road.

OP glad you didnt die as you presupposed, and that woodcraft is just screaming to me to buy their product, chief just gimme a couple months, i need to buy a ring first!
Modified 05 Headers
Modified Devil Rocket CF slip on
Block off plates-AggRacing
6k HIDs-AggRacing
Bauce Flashed ECU-Bauce Racing
BMC Race Filter-Bauce Racing
Reservoir Socks-Slowboy
CF Triple tree cover-SKUR

Future-
Shermans levers...
Krutoydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #18
iHak
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreski View Post
sigh all my gear is A star right now.....**** lol
Well, mine could have been "cheaper" A-Star.. I know they do make some good quality stuff. My pants were older style. I'm sure your stuff is fine

Quote:

LOL!

Here's a pic of my A-Star pants after a very MINOR spill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2 Studio View Post
Glad to hear you are alright after that kinda spill. And now I'm definitely going with those sliders next season
Thank you, and yeah the sliders are the best I've ever tried. (Oh, and I tried gluing Corian to my sliders.. lol.. don't do it. Feel horrible on the road, and you leave lines everywhere.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutoydiesel View Post

OP glad you didnt die as you presupposed, and that woodcraft is just screaming to me to buy their product, chief just gimme a couple months, i need to buy a ring first!
Woodcraft rocks. So glad I didnt buy cheap junky sliders. My Woodcraft sliders saved my bike, and Dainese saved my ass. I would love to get Woodcraft Rearsets, but I think I have a deal on some Vortex ones that is too good to pass up... (thx ChiefDawg!)
Old 11-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #19
iHak
Premium Member

I don't know what to do about fairings.. I have some other bad financial stuff, this was the last thing I needed.. My daughters airfares to come see me for Christmas, $4000

Does anyone have experience with the newer ebay fairings? I know there are loads of threads about ebay fairings, and I have searched but have not been able to make a decision.. should I try to replace the OEM ones or go with a complete kit like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-R6-YZF-R...5d6213&vxp=mtr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement