throttle body sync for $10 - Page 8 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > How To's...

Old 11-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #71
Delta74
Lifetime Premium

Re: throttle body sync for $10

ok guys I have a dumb question, maybe I missed it, or the pics dont show it, but where is the extra oil / water ? you have the four lines yea I get that, if its just 4 tubes if you get the vacuum higher on one line its going to pull oil from one or more of the other lines pulling off your readings? or do I just need a good weeks sleep?

would you not need a resevoir of extra fluid? run a fifth line up the back for a vent / fill tube for it to pull extra oil?
Delta74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #72
Ryan5544
Suk it, Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta74 View Post
ok guys I have a dumb question, maybe I missed it, or the pics dont show it, but where is the extra oil / water ? you have the four lines yea I get that, if its just 4 tubes if you get the vacuum higher on one line its going to pull oil from one or more of the other lines pulling off your readings? or do I just need a good weeks sleep?

would you not need a resevoir of extra fluid? run a fifth line up the back for a vent / fill tube for it to pull extra oil?
that is a valid question
Ryan5544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:49 AM   #73
yuengling910
Pastor of Muppets

Bike: 07 R6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta74 View Post

You don't need extra fluid anywhere. When everything is connected you end up with a completely closed system. If the vacuum is higher on one TB, it will pull the fluid level higher in that tube. Adjust it so it goes back to the control cylinder level. The amount of fluid in the tubes doesn't matter too much as all 4 tubes should have an even amount of fluid when you are done.

I used 2-stroke oil in mine. It's blue and easy to see and it won't hurt anything if it gets sucked into the cylinder. When you fill it for the first time your oil levels won't be even. Let it settle for a while and it will even itself out because all 4 tubes are interconnected.
yuengling910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement