» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 11-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
208r6s
I squid therefore I am

Bike: 2006 yamaha r6s
Insurance advice

Just got done driving my 1994 Toyota pickup to Eugene Oregon for a Duck game and then back to Boise, When I was sitting at a stop light some kid (most likely texting) rear ended me going about 35 without touching the brakes. So I now have damage to the rear and front of my truck. (Slammed into the person in front of me)We swapped insurance info and now Iím dealing with his insurance company. After the accident the truck had trouble starting so I pulled it into a gas station where I shut it off. When I tried to turn it back on it lost power. Turns out the starter had been knocked loose and when I attempted to start the truck it must of blown a relay or something. The truck also had prior damage from my Dad borrowing it and having a trailer pop off the ball slam into the tail gate causing the 4 wheel he was towing to bust the tie downs and land in the bed of the truck. So my question is how do I figure out what to make his insurance company pay for when the truck had prior damage, and will they fix the issue with the starter..I canít really prove the accident caused that problem.

Cliff: Truck with prior damage, what should I get the guilty partys insurance to pay for.
-fender eliminator
-Yoshimura carbon fiber exhaust
-Pugie wind guard
-Integrated rear turn signals
-Driven 520 kit (-1 +2)
-SpeedoDRD
-Pro bolt fairing and gas tank bolts (blue)
-Driven axle block sliders (blue
-Driven D3 grips (blue)
-Driven bar ends (blue)
-Driven oil plug
-CRG shorty levers (blue)
208r6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
aleithauser
Speedy Claxton

Bike: '07 R6
Send a message via AIM to aleithauser
Re: Insurance advice

In for all the suggestions for insurance fraud
aleithauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
hector113
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ

The insurance company will pay for damages up to the price of the truck. I was hit on the left side of the bed. The quote was 1500 to fix it. The price of the whole truck was 1200. I only got 1200.
hector113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
208r6s
I squid therefore I am

Bike: 2006 yamaha r6s

Ha not looking for fraud advice. Just not sure how they will decide on the cost to repair something that had previous damage. I paid 5000 for the truck last winter and have since rebuilt the engine and done a lot of other work to it.
-fender eliminator
-Yoshimura carbon fiber exhaust
-Pugie wind guard
-Integrated rear turn signals
-Driven 520 kit (-1 +2)
-SpeedoDRD
-Pro bolt fairing and gas tank bolts (blue)
-Driven axle block sliders (blue
-Driven D3 grips (blue)
-Driven bar ends (blue)
-Driven oil plug
-CRG shorty levers (blue)
208r6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #5
Delta74
Lifetime Premium

Best advise, be honest tell them the tail gate was already broke, provide receipts for the motor explain you did the work, be honest but dont give more info then needed.
Delta74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
GTFO--->
Just made this great GTFO

Bike: 848 EVO

Find the closest tree and hit it, tell them it was the other guys fault.

https://www.facebook.com/IBonedYourMom32
GTFO---> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #7
Mladinracer
I eat my R6

Bike: 06 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta74 View Post
Best advise, be honest tell them the tail gate was already broke, provide receipts for the motor explain you did the work, be honest but dont give more info then needed.
I can't speak for all claims adjusters, but most are willing to work with you if you're up front. It sounds to me that the cost of fixing your truck just might exceed 50% of the value. Therefore, they just might total out your truck. Anyway, they've seen it all, so lying probably won't get you very far. Tell them about what you're experiencing about the truck not running properly, and let the adjuster take a look at it. Finally, the body shop can sometimes submit for a supplement if they don't catch something on the first inspection. It's a common occurrence.
Mladinracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement