November ROTM Voting Thread - Page 5 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6-Forum.com Contests > R6-Forum Ride of the Month

View Poll Results: November ROTM Voting Thread
bluerebel 7 12.28%
pMak26 0 0%
A.Carey_6 39 68.42%
BootiHole 7 12.28%
dosydos 2 3.51%
MorrowDeath 1 1.75%
motorman251 1 1.75%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #41
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad68 View Post
I always thought there should be seperate contests/threads for street and for track bikes.

It's really pretty pointless to enter a street bike in these BOTM things, as the track bikes will almost always win because they normally look better, as they have no lic plate, mirrors, turnsignals, headlights, tailights etc to clutter up the looks. They normally have aftermarket/sexier bodywork (like one piece tails) and normally more $$ thrown at suspension, high end internals and brake upgrades etc etc.

Could have sworn I have not only seen non R6 Yamaha's entered in BOTM but bikes that are not even Yamaha's, like an Aprilia recently. What's the deal with that?

With all that, I voted for bluerebel!

Entering a streetbike into this ROTM thing is like entering Calista Flockhart into a Sumo match, the bitch ain't gonna win
Bwaha. Appreciate it sir.

Yes, track bikes tend to take the cake every time..... Some people vote entirely on which bike is prettiest and never bother to read the intro...... I've done it before.... Now, I read every intro and I vote for the best story, most interesting, most work put into it, etc. the prettiest bike isn't always the best.... That being said, track bikes always tend to fall within my critique lol.

A separation between street and track bikes would def be nice. Like mentioned before, it's almost unfair.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

bluerebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #42
TheJokester3
A work in progress...

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6
Re: November ROTM Voting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad68 View Post
I always thought there should be seperate contests/threads for street and for track bikes.

It's really pretty pointless to enter a street bike in these BOTM things, as the track bikes will almost always win because they normally look better, as they have no lic plate, mirrors, turnsignals, headlights, tailights etc to clutter up the looks. They normally have aftermarket/sexier bodywork (like one piece tails) and normally more $$ thrown at suspension, high end internals and brake upgrades etc etc.

Could have sworn I have not only seen non R6 Yamaha's entered in BOTM but bikes that are not even Yamaha's, like an Aprilia recently. What's the deal with that?

With all that, I voted for bluerebel!

Entering a streetbike into this ROTM thing is like entering Calista Flockhart into a Sumo match, the bitch ain't gonna win
To enter into ROTM you only need to be a member of the forum. That is why there are other bikes and even scooters. I am taking all the opinions into consideration for next year. I don't want to do two contests a month because sometimes we hardly get 10 entries in one, unless that is because a track bike enters and that deters people. I am considering every other month for track and street ROTM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2007r6 View Post
"I refuse to tip toe through life to arrive safely at deaths door".
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
There is more to squidliness than just your gear.
Build Thread
TheJokester3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #43
QR6
PHX-602

Bike: 2007 R6

I will read the story and take that into consideration, but I noticed you don't even need to take decent pics and still win. Crappy angles, night shots, can't even see the whole bike in the shot and my pet peeve having the front wheel turned in a picture. And yes, track bikes seem to distroy street bikes around here. Okay I'm done ranting...

And a scooter taking votes from other more worthy bikes.
ASMA #26 early retirement
My build thread:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162286
http://instagram.com/gfk602

QR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #44
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
What's everyone crying about? A bike is a bike. It's called RIDE of the month. Not yamaha, track bike, or anything else of the month. Crying about getting beat out is rediculous... That's not what ROTM is about. Congratulate the winner and move along. The majority votes, and a winner is chosen...

That is all.
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #45
A.Carey_6
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 R6 Blue

If you guys didn't notice I put a picture of my street trim as well. Why don't your vote based off that one too
CVMA #691
A.Carey_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #46
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6
R slaxin is a cry baby.... He's bitching about other people bitching. Lmfao

Carey's bike is tits and deserves the ROTM 100%.

bluerebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #47
MorrowDeath
I eat my R6

Bike: OH FOUR R599

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerebel View Post
R slaxin is a cry baby.... He's bitching about other people bitching. Lmfao

Carey's bike is tits and deserves the ROTM 100%.

, I knew it was over before it started. lol....still looking for those bright ass rims cruzing round CH

STUFF FOR SALE

MorrowDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #48
TheJokester3
A work in progress...

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
What's everyone crying about? A bike is a bike. It's called RIDE of the month. Not yamaha, track bike, or anything else of the month. Crying about getting beat out is rediculous... That's not what ROTM is about. Congratulate the winner and move along. The majority votes, and a winner is chosen...

That is all.
That is why I am don't fully agree with separating the bikes because it is the luck of the draw. Thanks for the support when I am not here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2007r6 View Post
"I refuse to tip toe through life to arrive safely at deaths door".
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
There is more to squidliness than just your gear.
Build Thread
TheJokester3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #49
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJokester3 View Post
That is why I am don't fully agree with separating the bikes because it is the luck of the draw. Thanks for the support when I am not here
No worries man. This tradition of ROTM is carried on The Matt's memory. I don't watch to see it turn into a bitch fest of people complaining when they lose. Everyone votes... The most votes wins. Plain and simple. That's the easiest way to do it... Majority rules... As I said, congratulate the winner like men, or keep your comments to yourself.

Next year we could possibly try every other month being street, then track. But The bottom line is, it's Ride of the month. Anything on two wheels works. A good number of our regular members here don't own R6's...

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #50
wutsup
Yeah Science!

Bike: gixxer chrome edition

Are people really arguing in the ROTM thread?.....jesus

Acarey you have my vote.
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
wutsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement