Alpinstars Fastlane Shoes : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Product Reviews

Old 11-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
Amtech
My R6 eats me.

Alpinstars Fastlane Shoes

Hey just wondering if anybody has ever ridin these before. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Amtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
jdmatara
Just wadd on it.

Bike: '03 R6, '74 cb360 cafe
Re: Alpinstars Fastlane Shoes

I rode with them for a couple months this past year and was very pleased with them. They are very comfortable, easy to walk around in, and held up very well. I will continue to use them once the weather gets nice. I used them riding to school so I could get off the bike and not be in full boots. As far as protection, they cover the ankle well, but I'd imagine you'd destroy your foot if you crashed.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
Amtech
My R6 eats me.

Yea i kinda figured that, its pretty much like a high top set of pumas...I was looking at the astars smx1 or the teknic chicane boots...i just want somethig that will protect more than a reg shoe, but without full out boots..
Amtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
SlickXR6
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Attack R6

May check out the Dainese Asphalts. I tried the Fastlanes but didnt think they were that comfortable. The asphalts are awesome. Look good, even with the PLU shift guards, they dont stand out. Has heel protection. As before, ANY riding SHOE isnt gonna crash particularly well.
SlickXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #5
Halbert
My R6 eats me.

I am using fastlane shoes, but I face allergy problem after wearing these shoes.

----------------------
off road helmets
Halbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:40 AM   #6
GenPatton
Motorcycle Race VIP Guy

Bike: 2007 R6 Rossi Replica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halbert View Post
I am using fastlane shoes, but I face allergy problem after wearing these shoes.
^^^ Frickin spam bot bumping posts! ^^^

But since I'm here, I actually just got my Fastlane Shoes a couple weeks ago and wore them out on a quick ride. They are very nice, comfortable shoes. I'd probably go a half size larger than what you normally wearB.

I wear 10's to 10.5's. I bought 10.5's and they just fit. They are more narrow than any other regular shoe I own, but, I usually try to find "Wide" shoes. If you have a wide foot, it may be uncomfortable, though as I said, they fit me just right. Wish I had a little more room in them, but, can't complain.

Half the shoe has carbon fiber weave, which looks pretty sick too btw.

BMC Race Filter | M4 Cat Delete | Termignoni Exhaust | Bazzaz Fuel Tuner | AGG Block-Off Plates
Fren Tubo Type 2 Lines | Integrated Tail | Rossi Replica Fairings |
OES Frame Sliders | AGG 10000K HIDs
CNC Tomok Mirrors | Lightech Quick Release Gas Cap
| GP Shift Setup | Shorty CNC Levers | Zero Gravity Screen
☼ March 2013 Ride of the Month
GenPatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:40 AM   #7
Thecca
Laugh now, cry later

Bike: 03 R6, 04 Z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPatton View Post
^^^ Frickin spam bot bumping posts! ^^^

But since I'm here, I actually just got my Fastlane Shoes a couple weeks ago and wore them out on a quick ride. They are very nice, comfortable shoes. I'd probably go a half size larger than what you normally wearB.

I wear 10's to 10.5's. I bought 10.5's and they just fit. They are more narrow than any other regular shoe I own, but, I usually try to find "Wide" shoes. If you have a wide foot, it may be uncomfortable, though as I said, they fit me just right. Wish I had a little more room in them, but, can't complain.

Half the shoe has carbon fiber weave, which looks pretty sick too btw.
Just got mine a week ago. Weather is still crappy but I put them inside my home for a couple hours. I wear 45 euro (11-11.5 US) and I ordered 11.5 US, they fitted perfect. They're a bit narrow but I'll get used to it.

It offers plenty of protection, but a big crash will def. destroy your foot. It's a good ''all around'' street riding high top shoes. For 120$, I'd recommend them anytime!

(I know it's an old thread, but I wrote this in case some other members wanted feedback about A* FL shoes)

Old bike : YZF-R6
MJS shorty slip-on, K&N filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj-Agwa View Post
why when i put the straight pipe on a i rev it to like 5 or greater RPM the bike turns off??
Dafuq?
Thecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
Phantasticphan
Ashburn, VA

Bike: 2008 Yamaha yzf-R6

I love them, they are really comfy, light, and good quality shoes...when I say shoes, I mean they probably won't offer you much protection...

I'm wearing them here in this pic:

BUY MY: REV'IT TARMAC AIR JACKET!!!
Phantasticphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement