Brembo RCS19 Install Help - Page 2 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Garage / Mechanical Help

Old 11-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #11
image0r
I eat my R6

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0ws View Post
If you are stuck on using the Fren Tubo bolt then I would recommend cutting some off the end of the threaded side. But now after looking at it, the thread patterns don't look the same. I hope you didn't fudge the threads inside the brembo...
I've been careful and haven't over tightened anything down for this very reason

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
image0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #12
shad0ws
I have 2 belly buttons.

Bike: '09 R6
Re: Brembo RCS19 Install Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by image0r View Post
I've been careful and haven't over tightened anything down for this very reason

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
If you can hold both the bolts together and mesh the threads and they look pretty uniform, then you should be good. I personally don't see anything wrong with double stacking the crush washers. They should seal off on each other just fine.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #13
easbaysav
track fiend

Bike: 14 D675R, 09 R6

If the Fren Tubo banjo bolt went to your OEM M/C, don't try to use it. The thread pitches are different as I mentioned already.

The reason the Brembo banjo bolt seems too long is because the banjo fittings on your Fren Tubos are narrower than OEM/other makes. Your options are to source a proper fitting banjo bolt with 1.0 thread pitch, file/cut/shave off a few threads on the Brembo banjo bolt, or double up on the crush washers.

I'm running the last option on my R6 now, but not sure how long I'm going to keep it like that. Might shave some threads next brake fluid change... or leave it if it's still holding up.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #14
image0r
I eat my R6

I did the washer method; I'm not sure if this looks right. Perhaps Im just paranoid?

Old 11-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #15
image0r
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by easbaysav View Post
If the Fren Tubo banjo bolt went to your OEM M/C, don't try to use it. The thread pitches are different as I mentioned already.

The reason the Brembo banjo bolt seems too long is because the banjo fittings on your Fren Tubos are narrower than OEM/other makes. Your options are to source a proper fitting banjo bolt with 1.0 thread pitch, file/cut/shave off a few threads on the Brembo banjo bolt, or double up on the crush washers.

I'm running the last option on my R6 now, but not sure how long I'm going to keep it like that. Might shave some threads next brake fluid change... or leave it if it's still holding up.
Thanks for the advice. I stopped immediately when I found out the fren banjo bolt was not going to take!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #16
easbaysav
track fiend

Quote:
I did the washer method; I'm not sure if this looks right. Perhaps Im just paranoid?
I thought the same thing when I did it. Bled the brakes and had no leaks so I took her for a spin and still no leaks.

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I stopped immediately when I found out the fren banjo bolt was not going to take!
No problem, would really suck if you were to cross thread your new M/C.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
HIS OWN 6
Mr. HER6

Bike: 08 R6, 97 GSXR, 04 CRF

I had the same issue with mine. You might want to change your setup based on this post in my thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELK-MAN View Post
YES, it does.. however you will need to put an extra crush washer nearest to the "real" bembo master cylinder as the OEM bolt is longer than the "real" one. Do NOT make the mistake of putting the extra crush washer on 1st (at the bolt head) as that will offset the holes for the line fitting and the bolt and the fluid will not flow back into the master cylinder fast enough, dragging the pads, and warping rotors. Yes.. been there. Done that.
I ended up just getting the correct sized bolt for it from Galfer.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #18
babymilo36
Occupy Central

Bike: 2014 Grom

Quote:
Sherman,
Look at the length of the Fren Turbo bolt vs the Brembo one supplied in the kit. It's too long.

Brad (Riders Discount) PM'd me back and said he will get with the Tech's first thing in the morning.
I told you that, dummy!

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #19
easbaysav
track fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIS OWN 6 View Post
I had the same issue with mine. You might want to change your setup based on this post in my thread...

I ended up just getting the correct sized bolt for it from Galfer.

Interesting, I read to double up under the banjos, not in between. I'll have to see if there's any issues with my setup over time.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #20
tfs32
I'd Flip it :popcorn:

Bike: 07 R6 09 R1 KTM EXC330
I had to order the brembo banjo for my fren Tubos I have the 19x18 mc. it's a $7 part.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Thanks to my 2014 Sponsors
Pirelli - Good Grip Racing - Velocity Calibrations - Imo's Pizza
MCRA Expert GT #32
Follow me at https://www.facebook.com/TSpeckerracing
tfs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement