New Member : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section

Old 11-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Amtech
My R6 eats me.

Hi everyone. Iam new to the forum, and also new to riding. I have roughly a year and abit, going for my full license in the spring. I currently own a 2004 r6. Its Also my first bike and had never ridin or sat on a bike prior to purchasing it. I did however go through all the required testing and rider training before i hit the street. I havent dumped my bike yet but i know it comes with the territory. So yea i just wanted to drop a post. Thanks everyone
Amtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Illernoise
RESPECT

08 R6 Track Build

RIP Jason Jones - snocompton
RESPECT
Illernoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
S3aturnR
track junkie

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6
Re: New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amtech View Post
Hi everyone. Iam new to the forum, and also new to riding. I have roughly a year and abit, going for my full license in the spring. I currently own a 2004 r6. Its Also my first bike and had never ridin or sat on a bike prior to purchasing it. I did however go through all the required testing and rider training before i hit the street. I havent dumped my bike yet but i know it comes with the territory. So yea i just wanted to drop a post. Thanks everyone
be careful and attend as much training as you can; the r6 is NOT a starter bike...

s3aturnr
S3aturnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
pickpocket293
iRun

Bike: Sold off in pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3aturnR View Post
be careful and attend as much training as you can; the r6 is NOT a starter bike...

s3aturnr
This. How old are you? Welcome to the forum... Put on your big boy pants before you log in and you'll learn a lot.

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s? HERE
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250? HERE
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer? HERE
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz? HERE
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH? HERE
  • How does rotating mass work? HERE
pickpocket293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
mgossel
Lifetime Premium

Welcome to the site!
mgossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
S2 Studio
Y(o_o)Y

Bike: 05' R6

welcome

S2 Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
TheJokester3
A work in progress...

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2007r6 View Post
"I refuse to tip toe through life to arrive safely at deaths door".
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
There is more to squidliness than just your gear.
Build Thread
TheJokester3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #8
Amtech
My R6 eats me.

[QUOTE=S3aturnR;2700600]be careful and attend as much training as you can; the r6 is NOT a starter bike...

s3aturnr[/Q

i totally agree its not a starter bike. But i could not pass up the offer. I met alot experienced riders throuhout the year, and gone down to the local track to absorb as much knowledge as i can. Iam 26 with a wife and one child. And for the record when i go riding i wear as much gear as possible. I have a Bell rs-1 helmet, an icon contra with armor jacket, for boots i use astars smx2, and icon super duty or overlord gloves. I have seen kids go down only wearing that stryker vest and let me tell you it aint pretty. I know people say this all the time that they are ressponisble, but i truely dont push my self, i have to stick around for my family. I did however get life insurance and the highest level of coverage here in my town. Insuring a bike here where i live is not cheap at all, i paid 3200 for the 6 month riding season.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #9
pickpocket293
iRun

Bike: Sold off in pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amtech View Post

i totally agree its not a starter bike. But i could not pass up the offer. I met alot experienced riders throuhout the year, and gone down to the local track to absorb as much knowledge as i can. Iam 26 with a wife and one child. And for the record when i go riding i wear as much gear as possible. I have a Bell rs-1 helmet, an icon contra with armor jacket, for boots i use astars smx2, and icon super duty or overlord gloves. I have seen kids go down only wearing that stryker vest and let me tell you it aint pretty. I know people say this all the time that they are ressponisble, but i truely dont push my self, i have to stick around for my family. I did however get life insurance and the highest level of coverage here in my town. Insuring a bike here where i live is not cheap at all, i paid 3200 for the 6 month riding season.
Uhh...

Anyway, good luck to you sir. If I were you I'd sell off that Icon gear and buy something with some quality. Stay away from Alpinestars.

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s? HERE
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250? HERE
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer? HERE
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz? HERE
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH? HERE
  • How does rotating mass work? HERE
pickpocket293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
Amtech
My R6 eats me.

True! but you make do with what you can...besides you have to start somewhere...What do you suggest..?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement