My NotSoSuper6 Build - Page 8 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Bike Build Forum

Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #71
Darthteddy
Box of Lube

Bike: 2007 R6
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Droool....

Iz Wanntz Black and Goldzz!!

Looking good. I hope to make similar progress after new years!

Build Thread
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showt...=1#post2895049
Darthteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #72
milko
Sherwin Antagonist

Bike: 2009 r6

So the track bug has definitely bitten. I'm seriously contemplating going track only. I've ridden street twice since Big Willow and its just not the same. The first time I almost got hit twice doing 25 mph by retarded people who don't pay attention. The second time just felt extremely slow and boring . I'm still amazed at how at the track, you pretty much are not worried about anything other than you and the bike. Yeah you're always working, thinking reference points (which I suck at) and all that, but you don't have to worry about cars, other people, nada. I hardly even remember even worried about anyone being behind me. On the street it's every single car is going to hit you, ride accordingly. That blows.

At the moment, I'm currently debating on going to Chuckwalla next Monday. A couple of issues. First, the weather here has been iffy lately. Extremely foggy and drizzly in the mornings/evenings, sunny and warm one day, cloudy and cool the next. Forecasts say rain late in the week/weekend. That's LA weather, though. Desert Center weather says 75 for the 3rd.

Second, I had two small issues at Willow. One was that I didn't feel securely locked into the tank when turning. I'm guessing I have shorter legs (I'm 5'9") that couldn't quite reach lol. I had to point my toes downward and bringing my heel up to get my knee locked against the tank. I have now resolved this with.....vortex rearsets from BAUCERACING !!!! Hopefully those will be in this week.

Next thing was, my brakes. Before heading to Willow I changed pads to EBC HH's. I figured, "Hey, its my first track day, i won't be flying anyway, good time to bed in the pads." Even to this day, I'm not sure how to describe it but, they just feel off. I know they don't have that initial bite, but even when warmed up they still don't feel like they don't have a lot of grip. Maybe it's just me. I'm waiting on a bottle of RBF600 that's coming with my rearsets, so I'll bleed my ass off and see if that helps.

Third problem with Chuck is, My ride had to cancel. I didn't really want to drive 3 hrs to the track, ride all day, and drive 3 hrs back. I may just have to though if I don't find any other locals going. Everyone seems to be going to Fontana and I just don't feel like paying 250 for a TD when i can pay 135. New rider school is an extra 55. Should I register for that too since its a new track for me?

On another note, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!

I got bored Saturday and cleaned/lubed chain and polished my wheels....oooooh shiny

Then I noticed a my throttle tube looked dirty and I've never lubed my throttle cables so...I took apart everything and cleaned it, greased it and lubed the throttle cables. No after pics...just picture these without the dirt.

After finishing that and stuffing my face with leftovers, thanks to a text convo with Anthony involving Booty and food that made me hungry, I said "now what?!" At that point, I recalled yet another convo with Ant about COD and xbox and remembered I had an old xbox 360 with RROD that I was modding and figured it was a perfect time to finish it. So.....IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!

This is an old pic before I painted it

So I rented Black Ops 2 from redbox and played campaign most of Sunday . I don't have an XBL account so didn't go online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro! :
MyNotSoSuper Build
milko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #73
babymilo36
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Bike: 2014 Grom

Dude............ BUILD ME A BADAZZ 360 CASE.

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #74
m3lover1
Sherman Connoisseur

Bike: Two dirty dirty bikes

Your sexy clean bike is giving me inspiration to get my butt out of my chair and wash my dirty ass bike and give it an oil change and test out the stalhbus. Also now you have the Laguna Seca suit too??? Now you, Sherman, Paul (I believe), Kevin (mintsoda), and I have the same exact suit.

Proud winner of April 2013 ROTM with a bike that no one likes!

I <3 PASSION MOTORSPORTS

Street/Track Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Ive taken bigger shits than Ricky, but he has personality, so that should count for something......right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
I see my balls are in high demand in terms of cupping
RIP Jason (Snocompton). We will miss you.
m3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #75
milko
Sherwin Antagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
Dude............ BUILD ME A BADAZZ 360 CASE.
Its been a while so you may be without an xbox for a few weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3lover1 View Post
Your sexy clean bike is giving me inspiration to get my butt out of my chair and wash my dirty ass bike and give it an oil change and test out the stalhbus. Also now you have the Laguna Seca suit too??? Now you, Sherman, Paul (I believe), Kevin (mintsoda), and I have the same exact suit.

and on the suit....It's I was going to get a cheaper suit but hey, gotta pay to play right? Wait till i pick up the new Ben spies replica

Quote:
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro! :
MyNotSoSuper Build
Old 11-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #76
shad0ws
I have 2 belly buttons.

Bike: '09 R6

Last time I looked into it, there were a few companies that made custom cases for the xbox. I think they were around 50 bucks.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #77
milko
Sherwin Antagonist

After 2 days of looking at tracking updates every 5 minutes like it made a difference, I got my presents from BAUCE today...well most of them anyway

I couldn't wait for the weekend so off to work i went. I'll take daylight pictures during the weekend or @ the track on Monday!

Before (didn't take a pic of the brake side, I was working in tight space and didn't feel like moving the bike lol)

After

Gas Cap...Stupid warning sticker is a PITA to take off. I gave up

I set the rearsets all the way up and back. After sitting on the bike and practicing BP.....WOW! HUGE difference. Knee locks into tank easy! I may even have to go down one notch.

Sir Adam, I know you got rid of your woodies, to get some adjustables. If your problem was the same as mine, having trouble getting a secure lock on the tank, you shall not be dissapointed!

As always, Thank you Anthony for your help and for taking my money. I can already tell it was well worth it!

Crap! just remembered i left the brake light switch hanging I'll take it off tomorrow

Quote:
Quote:
MyNotSoSuper Build
Old 11-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #78
milko
Sherwin Antagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0ws View Post
Last time I looked into it, there were a few companies that made custom cases for the xbox. I think they were around 50 bucks.
Mine isnt custom. It's Kustom. WHOLE 'nother level

Quote:
Quote:
MyNotSoSuper Build
Old 11-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #79
Shawn3210
I eat my R6

Bike: 2009 R6

Have fun on monday, I was gonna go but funds are low haha. If you're out there in jan I'll be out there as well.

I'm in Long beach! So if you're down for any trackdays just lemme know we can carpool and stuff
CVMA #143

Faceboooooook
Shawn3210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 PM   #80
milko
Sherwin Antagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn3210 View Post
Have fun on monday, I was gonna go but funds are low haha. If you're out there in jan I'll be out there as well.

I'm in Long beach! So if you're down for any trackdays just lemme know we can carpool and stuff
I'm down! (well as long as funds allow lol) Def would love to have someone with experience show me the ropes. Sucks you can't make it. I'm going solo this time and gots plenty of room if you change your mind!!! I'll most likely head out Sunday night and camp out.

Quote:
Quote:
MyNotSoSuper Build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement