Illegal parking - Page 3 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 11-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #21
r6sport
I eat my R6

Bike: 2006 Yamaha R6S
Re: Illegal parking

I always feel like someone is going to pull into the parking spot where my bike is parked and not see it. Hit it and then just back up and leave. I understand why people park on the side, but I still don't do it. It's not for parking. It's for Girl Scout vendors
r6sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #22
sergioandres
Love my bike

Bike: 08 R6 & 07 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan5544 View Post
Lmao

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
sergioandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #23
Mac7504
Stab-stab, twist!!!!

Bike: 08 R6S + 08 R6LE

Mac7504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #24
|/3|\|0|\/|
Dirt track racing!

Bike: 2008 YZF R6 LE

It's clearly not the thing to do, but I will easily admit to doing it every now and then. 90% of places where I live don't have designated motorcycle parking. If I get a warning or ticket for it, I would be pretty pissed, but accepting of the consequence. Similar to speeding. I have never personally been pulled over for anything in my life before.. but some police will be nice and allow you to get off free, or with just a warning. Others will be dicks, and ticket you for 3 MPH over the limit. Fighting it in court is a whole other story. Personally I feel it is okay under the right circumstances. if no issues arise, then why not?

In other places you can easily get by with this. Lots that have odd shapes and corners have big crossed out parking zones. Bikes always park in those spots up here, and no authorities really care either. It is especially easy at a place like a school or privately owned building. Technically, in my state, you don't really need to obey any driving laws very closely in private lots.

Yeah people are asshats, and parking lots suck. Is that even the point? Park in a stall and you risk being tipped over or bumped into. Park far away from the cars, and you risk theft. Park close on the sidewalk and out of the way, and you risk being yelled at or ticketed.

Last edited by |/3|\|0|\/|; 11-26-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Spellingzz
|/3|\|0|\/| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #25
Mac7504
Stab-stab, twist!!!!

Bike: 08 R6S + 08 R6LE

I'd never take any of my bikes to any Wal-Mart, just saying.
Mac7504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #26
Fallis
Meh

Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom

I've been parking up on sidewalks in out of the way places for the last 10 years of using a motorcycle as my only transportation. It's something I do several times a week.

I've had one security guard talk to me. I received a ticket once in Santa Monica, when I was parked in the hashed out area at the end of an aisle in a parking structure. I have had significantly more employees / property owners ask me why I *didn't* park up on the sidewalk when I've parked the bike in normal parking spots. If you're reasonable about it, you shouldn't have a problem. ie, don't park in hashed out handicap spaces. Don't park in places that prevent doors from opening or block pedestrian traffic.

If you're on private property, and you're not blocking an entrance or fire lane or anything, I'm not quite sure what would be illegal about it.

For $175, I'd sure as shit at least have a go at fighting it.
Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #27
|/3|\|0|\/|
Dirt track racing!

Bike: 2008 YZF R6 LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post
I've been parking up on sidewalks in out of the way places for the last 10 years of using a motorcycle as my only transportation. It's something I do several times a week.

I've had one security guard talk to me. I received a ticket once in Santa Monica, when I was parked in the hashed out area at the end of an aisle in a parking structure. I have had significantly more employees / property owners ask me why I *didn't* park up on the sidewalk when I've parked the bike in normal parking spots. If you're reasonable about it, you shouldn't have a problem. ie, don't park in hashed out handicap spaces. Don't park in places that prevent doors from opening or block pedestrian traffic.

If you're on private property, and you're not blocking an entrance or fire lane or anything, I'm not quite sure what would be illegal about it.

For $175, I'd sure as shit at least have a go at fighting it.
Agreed, and IMO:

$175.00 is much easier to pay every blue moon, than it is to pay upped insurance for a knocked over bike, or repair your bike. Or deal with the whole "My bike got smashed/scratched in a parking lot" situation altogether.
|/3|\|0|\/| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #28
mercenary
When in doubtThrottle out

Bike: Always Under Construction

This place is the bomb for legal info!

MCRA/CCS#81
mercenary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #29
wutsup
Yeah Science!

Bike: gixxer chrome edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercenary View Post
This place is the bomb for legal info!
Dannyjames needs to be here!
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
wutsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #30
fleixius
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 R6s
Send a message via AIM to fleixius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan5544 View Post
ROFL..agreed

2007 Candy Red R6s

[Performance]