airline pilots - Page 3 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 11-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #21
swapilot33
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 06 50th Anniversary
Re: airline pilots

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
always wanted to be one since i was a kid...what routes do you typically fly?
no time like the present to get that going. dont fly for a carrier yet, the school im going to has an alliance with american eagle thats where ill likely start my career so look for me on a flight in a few years here
swapilot33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #22
jared r6
I eat my R6

Bike: r6 w/turbo R1 engine O_o

I'm almost done with my private pilot course, only a few more weeks!!! I'm currently attending the University of North Dokota and majoring in Commercial Aviation. Next semester I start instrument training and hopefully aerobatics if i can get some more loans.
smoke flush mount signals
fender eliminater kit
lowered 3"
M4 exhaust
k&n air intake
jared r6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #23
mknuchell
live to ride

Bike: 07 R6 charcoal
Send a message via Skype™ to mknuchell
How is that extremely overpriced program treatin ya up at UND?
mknuchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #24
jared r6
I eat my R6

Great, I want to get a 4yr degree along with flight training and it's still almost half the price of Embry Riddle. Overall, I'm very impressed with their flight training and i wouldn't choose any other school. The only downside is i don't have as much time to ride my R6 because of the snow.
fender eliminater kit
lowered 3"
M4 exhaust
k&n air intake
Old 11-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #25
mknuchell
live to ride

I hear ya. I'm over In Washington and winter is No good for riding. Definitely better than what you've got though. North Dakota is COLD! I spent $26,000 on flight fees and got my commercial instrument multi and CFII as well as an instructor job. 4 years out of high shook here with 1000 hours and a 4 year degree. Plus a direct hire onto great lakes (commonly known as great mistakes...) but they have quick upgrade time to Captain. Not too bad. But getting twin time is rough...

How long have you been goin to school there? I was really considering UND. I like your fleet haha we fly old ass beechcraft.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #26
jared r6
I eat my R6

I just started this fall. All of our C172's are less then 4 years old and have the garmin G1000 in them. We also have some aerobatic planes, a seaplane, a bunch of piper arrows and seminoles, and a couple king airs. (plus a cessna citation jet, but it's not used for flight training)

what school did you go to?
fender eliminater kit
lowered 3"
M4 exhaust
k&n air intake
Old 11-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #27
mknuchell
live to ride

You you guys are spoiled with those 172's. Haha plus I love flying cesuras they are like butter. We have old beech sport 150's for our private license and sundowner 180's for instrument and commercial. Also a few 2008 piper warriors full glass cockpit. We have a travelair that's been down for 3 years (graveyard I'm thinking) and Seminoles for multi (hate that worthless plane). Plus a 182 on floats and a citabria for acrobatics. So not too bad. Other than the piper products it's really outdated.

What do you guys use the kingairs for? Those are beastly planes for trainers.

I'm at big bend aviation it's also linked up with the central Washington university program.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #28
jared r6
I eat my R6

"...The airplane allows students to grasp the necessary experience to operate an air-transport category airplane while remaining in the flight-training realm of their education. It provides students with experience of high-altitude and high-performance flying in all types of airspace including international airports."-something i found on the UND website

we have a contract to train all the chinese pilots so when they are done with their training, they go right into the airlines in China. I think the king air is to help them transition into larger aircraft. I'm kinda jealous because all their flight training is paid for by China and they get into the airlines right away.
fender eliminater kit
lowered 3"
M4 exhaust
k&n air intake
Old 11-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #29
mknuchell
live to ride

Yeah shit haha I'm in debt and jumping through hoops to get an airline job! Plus these new regs going in this summer that requires all crew members to have ATP rating is gonna choke the industry... Plus I'm only 21 so I have 2 more years before I'm old enough for ATP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement