ducati 848evo or panigale or stay with the 6?? : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 11-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
R6_350z
Living The Dream

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6
ducati 848evo or panigale or stay with the 6??

ok so i know this has been beat to death a bajillion times and it really depends on what i want..but my temptation to get a ducati has been drilling me these past few months just dont know if i should pull the trigger and get it...its either going to be an 848 evo or the new panigale, more so the panigale s....im just curious to the maintenance costs as a daily rider (about a 60 mile commute daily not including pleasure rides) ive riden the 848 several times and i liked it and can only imagine how the new panigale rides ive sat on it and surprisingly it was comfier than the 848 to me...thoughts from you ducati owners would be much appreciated

im really not concerned with comfort to be honest so thats not really a problem...i know its a different ride compared to jap bikes but i only have 1 friend who dailys his 848 and he doesnt ride as much as i do but he said go for it...any info/thoughts would be awesome... thanks guys!!

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2011 ice silver metallic Audi A4
2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007
R6_350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
ryan.chin
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R6 Raven
Re: ducati 848evo or panigale or stay with the 6??

Rich people probz.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones

If I had to choose between the r6 I had, the 636 I have, or the 848 I have to commute on, the 848 would be my last choice without question.
redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
R6_350z
Living The Dream

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

well the 848 is on the list but honestly i prefer my r6 over it so its not really what im really after..the panigales looks just amazes me so my quesiton i guess would be towards the panigale mainly

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2011 ice silver metallic Audi A4
2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007
R6_350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
Fallis
Meh

Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom

If you don't care about the comfort, do your own maintenance, problem solved.
Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
mell0
My Bonneville eats me.

Bike: ST3R

Will you get $20,000 of additional enjoyment out of it compared to the 6? When I look at other bikes in that manner it's like you're throwing money away at that point. Especial IMO because you're comparing two bikes built for similar purposes.

2013 Triumph Bonneville
2002 Procharged Mustang GT
mell0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
R6_Dude
I eat my R6

my bike is 90% track and 10% street. Therefore the 6 is perfect. However, if I rode streets i'd choose the 848 only b/c it looks sexy as hell haha
Old 11-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mell0 View Post
Will you get $20,000 of additional enjoyment out of it compared to the 6? When I look at other bikes in that manner it's like you're throwing money away at that point. Especial IMO because you're comparing two bikes built for similar purposes.
If you seriously look at bikes and think about throwing away money.... Why do you even own one?

Bikes are not investments or something you buy to get $$$ back on. Bikes are a fcuking hobby and a money pit. I'm waiting to pay off my r6 to go get me a multistrada.... Sure, I can go buy a drz for a lot cheaper.... But why don't I? Because, I dig the Duc.... $$$ Doesn't even cross my mind when I shop for bikes. I get what I want and try to work a deal out and then I buy it lol.

If your budget doesn't allow for it, then Yeah, shop within your means. But I don't shop and think about how much am I going to get out of a $10-$20-$40 bike.... I shop for what I like.

So OP. get what ever you want bro. I personally didn't get a Duc when I was shopping due to the fear of me crashing it. Sure, I felt the same way with my R6 but.... It's not a Duc lol. maintenance scares me on the ducs as well but a buddy of mine that owns one said they aren't that bad if you do your own maintenance.... Luckily he offered to show me a couple of times on how to do the regular maintenance and the valve checks.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

bluerebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

I love my Ducati, but in all honesty, its pretty boring compared to the R6 unless you ride it like an all out hooligan. And the gearing is kinda funky. Still though, no one EVER looked at my r6 like they do at my Ducati literally every time I take it out. I always get people asking me about it and complimenting me on it, especially at the gas station for some reason. And lets face it, the sound is orgasmic. Still though, sometimes a quiet, non vibratory, comfortable(ish) japanese bike is the way to go, especially if that way takes you down a bunch of interstate.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerebel View Post
If you seriously look at bikes and think about throwing away money.... Why do you even own one?

Bikes are not investments or something you buy to get $$$ back on. Bikes are a fcuking hobby and a money pit. I'm waiting to pay off my r6 to go get me a multistrada.... Sure, I can go buy a drz for a lot cheaper.... But why don't I? Because, I dig the Duc.... $$$ Doesn't even cross my mind when I shop for bikes. I get what I want and try to work a deal out and then I buy it lol.

If your budget doesn't allow for it, then Yeah, shop within your means. But I don't shop and think about how much am I going to get out of a $10-$20-$40 bike.... I shop for what I like.

So OP. get what ever you want bro. I personally didn't get a Duc when I was shopping due to the fear of me crashing it. Sure, I felt the same way with my R6 but.... It's not a Duc lol. maintenance scares me on the ducs as well but a buddy of mine that owns one said they aren't that bad if you do your own maintenance.... Luckily he offered to show me a couple of times on how to do the regular maintenance and the valve checks.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Also, all of this^^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement