Steering Dampers - Page 2 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 11-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #11
natedogg624
I eat my R6

Re: Steering Dampers

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6'n-Santibanez View Post
Heard the scotts damper was best
You're gonna get a lot of these "heard this" and "heard that" in this thread like this post here^.

Both styles have their own pros and cons. Average Joe Ryder won't be able to tell the difference between the linear and rotary style dampers, and if you are it's a minute difference at best. It's not enough to sway your purchasing decision at least.

IMO find a stabilizer, rotary or linear, that includes a mount kit and is in good condition and go with that. Extra bonus points if it's been recently serviced.
Nathan - #425 - 07 Yamaha R6
35 Motorsports, Vortex Racing, Pit Posse Motorsports, Spy Optics, Suomy Helmets, 614 Paintworx, Optimal Racing, GP Tech
Nationwide Children's Hospital/Ohio Motorcyclists for Children
The Retrofit Source
natedogg624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #12
MorrowDeath
FINKSTER

Bike: OH FOUR R599

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedogg624 View Post
You're gonna get a lot of these "heard this" and "heard that" in this thread like this post here^.

Both styles have their own pros and cons. Average Joe Ryder won't be able to tell the difference between the linear and rotary style dampers, and if you are it's a minute difference at best. It's not enough to sway your purchasing decision at least.

IMO find a stabilizer, rotary or linear, that includes a mount kit and is in good condition and go with that. Extra bonus points if it's been recently serviced.

+1

STUFF FOR SALE

MorrowDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #13
saleenbiker
My R6 eats Ninjas.

Bike: '07 R6, '07 Ninja 250

Take into consideration the hyperpro dampers too. i don't know why no one throws out their name when this subject comes up. But i have a hyperpro rsc damper and absolutely love it. And it has better choices as far as aesthetics go.
saleenbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #14
gsxcorey
Riding his own ride...

All of them from the gpr, ohlins, hyperpro and scotts work well. Personally, I like the linear type better as well in terms of feel, but they all get the job done. On the modern r6's the scott's require you to drill into the frame which many don't like. That is why most look at the Hyperpro, Ohlins, or GPR.

I will say that in terms of quality I have never seen a Ohlins or Scotts have an issue. I can't say that about many products and of course every manufacturer has an issue here and there, but their quality control and overall quality is very very damn good when I've never seen one issue as I can only say that about a handful of manufacturers.

Check us out on Facebook too.
gsxcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:00 AM   #15
BlueBOB
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 03 R6 Lmtd Edtn
Subscribing...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Motorcycle.com Free App

2003 R6 Black/Red [look ma! I have mods!]
K&N | 06+ muffler | AGG Smog Block-off Plates | PCIII USB (slight tune from PRT Performance) | 5K HIDs
BlueBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:09 AM   #16
Tdub
FastForward Performance

Bike: Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
On the modern r6's the scott's require you to drill into the frame which many don't like. That is why most look at the Hyperpro, Ohlins, or GPR.
The PitBull also has a "no drill" damper as well. I really like it.
Tdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement