Hit a new milestone today.....250k! And some ride pics too - Page 3 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 11-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #21
R6_350z
Living The Dream

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6
Re: Hit a new milestone today.....250k! And some ride pics too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07R6JC View Post
Anytime I tell anyone about a bike being able to last over 100K people look at me like I'm nuts or something...

Congrats on the mileage marker OP that is awesome.
you just reminded me about a guy who i had a class with said sportbikes only last about 10k before you have to replace the engine....lol

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2011 ice silver metallic Audi A4
2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007
R6_350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #22
mgossel
Lifetime Premium

Awesome...are you just doing the normal maintenance on the bike? Has there been any major issues with all that mileage? Just curious.
mgossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #23
thirdgenlxi
I eat my R6

Bike: '04 CBR 600 F4i
Send a message via AIM to thirdgenlxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPatton View Post
250,000 miles. Wow, that's astonishing!

Very reliable. Not many cars even make it anywhere close to that.
LOL my car has 434,300 and change...runs great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthteddy View Post
Yea I need to buy a honda commuter. Im doing 240 miles a day now. I have a suspicion that the yami will never make it that far. . .
Doooo iiiittt.... can't go wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMeanGreenMachine View Post
You're pretty annoying.

He's sharing his pics. Deal with it or GTFO.
Bwahahahahha

See Nancy, this is why we love you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Thanks for sharing Jared! I love geocaching but haven't gone in a couple years now cause the ticks around here are so out of control. Every 10 feet you walk you find 2-4 on you. It sucks!!

:

Yea we're just starting to get into it, but it's def fun! Thought it would be a cool thing to integrate into our rides since many of them are in the same area anyways. We need to get an actual GPS though... using our phones now but cell service is very sparse out in the rural areas here and that's where most of the ones we're going to are. So several times we've found ourselves at the spot but with no phone service to use the GPS or get on the website to get some hints and whatnot. And that sucks about the ticks!! Nasty little things (and deadly too.... couple years ago my trainers black lab died literally in her arms on the way to the vet from a tick). Luckily we don't have a big problem with them here, couple random ones now and then that's about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye View Post
Damn that's quite a milestone. Being a Honda im not too surprised it's still going strong (with proper maintenance, of course) but I'm damn impressed with how clean it still looks. I've seen so many bikes that look beat to hell with a tenth the miles just from riding
Not gonna lie she has had a few facelifts, lol. Has been down a few times so plastics and whatnot aren't original. But I do try and keep it somewhat clean and looking presentable at least, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgossel View Post
Awesome...are you just doing the normal maintenance on the bike? Has there been any major issues with all that mileage? Just curious.
Yup not really doing anything special, just keep all the fluids clean all the time, valves check, plugs changed, etc. And I always check everything over to make sure there are no problems that needs to be addressed before they become bigger problems. Only big issue was a trans problem back in 2008 at 114k, jumping out of 3rd gear. Ended up having to replace 3rd and 6th gears and the shift fork. Looks like I'm prob gonna have to do it again this winter too as 3rd gear is getting a bit fussy at times again. Not bad but I do want to get it fixed before track season starts again. Other than that it's just been a few little things.. R/R's, clutch cables, cooling fan blades, batteries, water pump, steering head bearings, wheel bearings, etc. Valves have only actually been adjusted twice

Thanks guys for the compliments I just like to ride... a lot!! haha

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 271,700 miles and still kicking
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 437,000 miles still running strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #24
LittleMeanGreenMachine
Life is best beyond 10k

Bike: 2008 Honda CBR600RR
Quote:
Bwahahahahha

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Quote:
"Multiple track days are needed every 12 month period to keep performance of the nut between bars and seat within an acceptable range. Failure to do so could result in a loss of talent in the nut. Crashing, "squidding it up" and illusions of awesomeness could occur.".
LittleMeanGreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #25
rochainskool
Vroom Vroom

Bike: 07 R6S
Send a message via AIM to rochainskool

You probably have a record for most miles on a bike. Have you ever found anyone with more miles?
rochainskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #26
oizarod115
....Casper....

Bike: 2005 R6

i bet you know that CBR and its particular nuances like the back of your hand. it probly even has you arse permanently imprinted in the seat :P

kudos on the high mileage, way cool
oizarod115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #27
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdgenlxi View Post
LOL my car has 434,300 and change...runs great!

Doooo iiiittt.... can't go wrong!

Bwahahahahha

Yea we're just starting to get into it, but it's def fun! Thought it would be a cool thing to integrate into our rides since many of them are in the same area anyways. We need to get an actual GPS though... using our phones now but cell service is very sparse out in the rural areas here and that's where most of the ones we're going to are. So several times we've found ourselves at the spot but with no phone service to use the GPS or get on the website to get some hints and whatnot. And that sucks about the ticks!! Nasty little things (and deadly too.... couple years ago my trainers black lab died literally in her arms on the way to the vet from a tick). Luckily we don't have a big problem with them here, couple random ones now and then that's about it

Not gonna lie she has had a few facelifts, lol. Has been down a few times so plastics and whatnot aren't original. But I do try and keep it somewhat clean and looking presentable at least, lol

Yup not really doing anything special, just keep all the fluids clean all the time, valves check, plugs changed, etc. And I always check everything over to make sure there are no problems that needs to be addressed before they become bigger problems. Only big issue was a trans problem back in 2008 at 114k, jumping out of 3rd gear. Ended up having to replace 3rd and 6th gears and the shift fork. Looks like I'm prob gonna have to do it again this winter too as 3rd gear is getting a bit fussy at times again. Not bad but I do want to get it fixed before track season starts again. Other than that it's just been a few little things.. R/R's, clutch cables, cooling fan blades, batteries, water pump, steering head bearings, wheel bearings, etc. Valves have only actually been adjusted twice

Thanks guys for the compliments I just like to ride... a lot!! haha
Damn jared, I pulled one off Roscoe last night that was FULL!!! It was enormous by the time I found it. We got him Lymes vaccinated a while back. I hope it works, cause it's not guaranteed and the little guy gets em once in a while.

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #28
montyr6
I eat my R6

Op, there's something wrong - this dude at "sport rider" is boasting 216,000 miles but his bike looks like a third grader's after school project. Yours actually looks "as new". Get a hold of someone at the magazine I'd rather see a pic of your "pristine" CBR

ImageUploadedByMO Free1354070606.605203.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
montyr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #29
gsxcorey
Riding his own ride...

Props to you. Watched you racking up miles on a few other forums as well. You surely should get some sort of iron butt award LOL. I would write Honda about it though I really would.

I know saab back in the day bought up some super high mileage cars to put in their dealerships and gave the owners new cars. Granted in this economy I doubt that will happen, but write in to Honda. It can't hurt and share with the manufacturer.

Check us out on Facebook too.
gsxcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #30
pickpocket293
iRun

Bike: Sold off in pieces.

It would be funny if you rolled it over 300k, so the odometer read almost zero... Then maybe get it repainted or touched up and tell everyone it was a garage queen.

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s? HERE
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250? HERE
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer? HERE
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz? HERE
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH? HERE
  • How does rotating mass work? HERE
pickpocket293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement