Datalog and LCD show TPS losing throttle % after 14k - Page 2 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 11-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #11
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
I can't speak for OhioYJ but I know the amount of time and work that goes into a bauceracing tune. Chief is a stand up vendor that bends over backwards for his customers to make sure everything is as they like. Feel free to skim the review thread about Bauce racing tunes before counting him out because he charges money. It truely is a custom tune and is worh every penny.

He's working on a few tonight. Several hours go into each and every one. This guy is the Bauce for a reason. A true perfectionist, and a specific tune for each and every customer! I can't say enough about Anthony at BAUCE Racing!
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #12
Blade-Brown
I eat my R6

Bike: 09 R6 - 08 RR (SOLD)
Re: Datalog and LCD show TPS losing throttle % after 14k

I don't deny that Anthony at BAUCE does great work! But for a simple setup like mine (stock 09 just looking for the normal tune i.e. Take off the EPA above 14k rpm 100% throttle de-tune and less engine breaking and smoothing the rpm range throughout plus higher idle) how is his map any different than OhioYJ's? It isn't rocket science. The OEM maps are all preloaded the same so in reality, once an individual makes a "best" map, that map should be identical to upload/flash? What is the price of the BAUCE flash? Where is he located and what's the turn around time? I looked on the website, and unless I'm looking at the wrong site, I can't find any info whatsoever

2009 R6 Black/Charcoal
BAUCE Tune - BMC Track filter

2008 CBR 600RR Graffiti (SOLD)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...8-19174402.jpg
2001 F4i (I miss you, please write)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...8/DSCN0852.jpg
Blade-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #13
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-

Last edited by ChiefSmokeDawg; 11-28-2012 at 12:10 AM.
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #14
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-

Last edited by ChiefSmokeDawg; 11-28-2012 at 12:09 AM.
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:11 AM   #15
My94GT
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade-Brown View Post
I don't deny that Anthony at BAUCE does great work! But for a simple setup like mine (stock 09 just looking for the normal tune i.e. Take off the EPA above 14k rpm 100% throttle de-tune and less engine breaking and smoothing the rpm range throughout plus higher idle) how is his map any different than OhioYJ's? It isn't rocket science. The OEM maps are all preloaded the same so in reality, once an individual makes a "best" map, that map should be identical to upload/flash? What is the price of the BAUCE flash? Where is he located and what's the turn around time? I looked on the website, and unless I'm looking at the wrong site, I can't find any info whatsoever
the man right below you can answer any and all questions you may have. its not a generic one tune fits all map so thats why there is no listed price. custom tunes cost money, shops dont do that kind of work for free. at the end of the day you can do what you feel is best suited to your needs, im just saying that the money paid for BauceRacing to do a custom tune is worth it. more then a few here seem to agree as well.

sig by milko
my build thread-
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152740
My94GT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #16
Blade-Brown
I eat my R6

I pm'd Anthony (ChiefSmokeDawg) with some questions thanks!

2009 R6 Black/Charcoal

Old 11-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #17
Tdub
FastForward Performance

Bike: Honda Z50

Some shops charge as much as $550-600 for a reflash. Do you really think you are getting the same quality work from someone that does it for free???
Tdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #18
Blade-Brown
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdub View Post
Some shops charge as much as $550-600 for a reflash. Do you really think you are getting the same quality work from someone that does it for free???
No it makes sense...I just need to be educated on all of it...which is why I pm'd Anthony....like a BoSs

2009 R6 Black/Charcoal

Old 11-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #19
livetoride33
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Chief, whats your flash run $ wise?

If you are around the ECUnleashed price...well shit, I have too many expensive hobbies...:bang:

I havent ridden enough to completely fill in the autotune tables, and the last ride showed some lean spots still. Do you help with that? Do you have canned maps to start with?

You obviously have way more experience tuning these than I do, so please dont take these questions as negative...just trying to learn.

Plus, the ECUnleahed tune on my FZ was not even close to perfect, and has required significant data logging and map manipulation to get right. I dont want to have to do that much work again after forking out that much cash.
livetoride33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #20
cheefar6
clit commander

Bike: 2008 YZF-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetoride33 View Post
Chief, whats your flash run $ wise?

If you are around the ECUnleashed price...well shit, I have too many expensive hobbies...:bang:

I havent ridden enough to completely fill in the autotune tables, and the last ride showed some lean spots still. Do you help with that? Do you have canned maps to start with?

You obviously have way more experience tuning these than I do, so please dont take these questions as negative...just trying to learn.

Plus, the ECUnleahed tune on my FZ was not even close to perfect, and has required significant data logging and map manipulation to get right. I dont want to have to do that much work again after forking out that much cash.
no way for an outside source to tune the ecu perfect without dyno/test runs.

you said you would really just like to get rid of that 80% limitation, and as far as i know the only way to do that would be to re-flash the ECU, then you could have a tuner fine tune the ecu itself, or you the autotune software you have to dial everything in at that point, with the ability to go WOT.

imho the bauce tune is perfect for street/track rider, but if your experienced racer, you may need to tune the tune to get the best result if you know what i mean.
im sure chief realizes this so his tune is very well priced, and from what ive heard/read everyone has nothing but good things to say. my ecu is actually on its way to Ant atm =]