ducati 848evo or panigale or stay with the 6?? - Page 6 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 11-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #51
MaxxxEdge
Incredible M@xxxhole

Bike: Pasta & Rice
Re: ducati 848evo or panigale or stay with the 6??

"Anal is just like riding a bicycle... Except without the seat." -Mark Spiegler

If you don't hang your balls out there and just do it, you'll never know what might have happened... -- Valentino Rossi

Unlike one made of concrete, the wall of adversity will eventually fall when we exert enough pressure. -- Max Edge

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -- James Dean

sig courtesy of the mega-talented dboyslade
MaxxxEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #52
LiveFastDieLast
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 09 R6

Yeah my Moto GP comment, was a little vague. I could have explained better.
I was not comparing any of the bikes in Questions to GP bikes.
I wont go on about it, too far off the OP question.

In the end just get what you want. EVERYONE on here will have a opinion on the bikes. Some you may agree with some you may not.

It's your cash so buy the bike you want....
But I think the Panigale is the best looking out of the ones listed for sure, minus the R6. Then again I like the KTM RC8.. Since you are in the 1200 class

Keep your Knees in the Breeze
"Only two types of Whiskey I don't like, Dick and Throttle" - A Wise Man.
LiveFastDieLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #53
Gundamzeppelin
Tons of juice. Crazyjuice

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter

Personally I was looking into ditching my R6 for the HP4, but after a few performance mods, The R6 is a new machine at the cost of a few hundred bucks. Maybe give that a go, though I know the Swag is strong in you young skywalker. Btw if you sell the r6 let me know what you plan to do with that sweet rear tire huger

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
If you have Panigale bread, why not the new MV or the RSV4. If I was buying another Italian, Id be hard pressed to pass up the APRC RSV4
Agreed The 1199 has some kinks to be worked out from what I read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerebel View Post
If you seriously look at bikes and think about throwing away money.... Why do you even own one?

Bikes are not investments or something you buy to get $$$ back on. Bikes are a fcuking hobby and a money pit. I'm waiting to pay off my r6 to go get me a multistrada.... Sure, I can go buy a drz for a lot cheaper.... But why don't I? Because, I dig the Duc.... $$$ Doesn't even cross my mind when I shop for bikes. I get what I want and try to work a deal out and then I buy it lol.

If your budget doesn't allow for it, then Yeah, shop within your means. But I don't shop and think about how much am I going to get out of a $10-$20-$40 bike.... I shop for what I like.

So OP. get what ever you want bro. I personally didn't get a Duc when I was shopping due to the fear of me crashing it. Sure, I felt the same way with my R6 but.... It's not a Duc lol. maintenance scares me on the ducs as well but a buddy of mine that owns one said they aren't that bad if you do your own maintenance.... Luckily he offered to show me a couple of times on how to do the regular maintenance and the valve checks.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Good point Motorcycles are toys really expensive dangerous toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by |/3|\|0|\/| View Post
Sweet batman!

Get the new Bimmer S1KRR HP4 if you have the means. You could use the extra that the Ducati costs to trick that bish out. Only issue you would ever have is a possible seizure from looking at the front end..but who sees that when you are on the road anyways

Good luck with your choices man
The HP4 depending on the model is about the same price around 18 or 19 for the base HP4 and around 24 to 25k for the fully loaded carbon fiber bad ass race machine with lights on it.

Honestly The HP4 & 1199 would be horrid commuter bikes IMO these are full blown Race machines, built aggressive meant to be ridden aggressive not sitting in tracffic behind some old bitch doing 40mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFire View Post
Take this from a guy that has owned a few bikes...nothing beats a Gixxer as a commuter/beater bike. 1199 is hot and 848 cooks well too (I have ridden both in an aggressive manner). 1199 needs to get it's kinks worked out before they can re-attack BMW, 848's bottom end is weak. My S1RR cuts corners like glass but my hands go numb every 5 minutes from vibrations. Plus the seat is horrid too.
Odd I found the seat on the BMW far more comfortable than the R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxxEdge View Post
Do you guys recommending the HP4 know how much it costs???
19 to 25k depending on model I'm sure they also want a few Gypsy tears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen01 View Post
I prefer my r6 to my s1000rr on most days. The r6 handles better and therefore is more confidence inspiring. Sure, the s1k blows the r6 away at a launch, but its not like a 600 is really a slouch 0-60 either. I dont mind the seat on the s1k, but maybe thats because I have a 2012 and as I understand it the seat was changed. What year is yours? Also, I agree the vibrations are annoying but I only get them between 6-7000 rpm or so, so I just cruise outside that range.

When I got my s1krr I thought I had outgrown my r6 and it was time for more powa, and I wanted a taste of all the tech advancements the new bikes have. I thought Id sell my r6 eventually because I figured Id be so enamoured with the BMW that the r6 would be a dust collector... but the BMW made me appreciate what an awesome machine the r6 really is. Admittedly, I am not comparing a stock r6 to the BMW but just thought Id add my 2c.

Oh, and get the Aprilia RSV4 APRC if you are set on an Italian. Its a much nicer machine than the Duc
I'm in the Aprilia camp I ride one it's a scooter, but a damn fine one
Quote:
Originally Posted by |/3|\|0|\/| View Post
I heard about 20.5K, or within that general range. I have also heard a Panigale S is in the 23K range. How accurate is that for new showroom floor prices? Anyone know?

Nobody sells anything Ducati within a two hour range of where I live. Haven't been out that way recently, but I did have the privilege to sit on, and twist the throttle on a running arctic white Panigale. That shit was good!

Only other Ducati experiences I really have are riding my friend's 750 IE a bunch of times, and riding a dealership's 748 S on a test drive. All good bikes in their own ways, hard to go wrong with a Ducati
You are paying the same price for the fully loaded HP4 maybe a grand or two more. But from what I read the BMW still has the Ducati beat.
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack
Gundamzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #54
MaxxxEdge
Incredible M@xxxhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamzeppelin View Post

19 to 25k depending on model I'm sure they also want a few Gypsy tears.
Thanks, but I already posted it... and the question was rhetorical.

If you don't hang your balls out there and just do it, you'll never know what might have happened... -- Valentino Rossi

Unlike one made of concrete, the wall of adversity will eventually fall when we exert enough pressure. -- Max Edge

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Old 11-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #55
R6_350z
Living The Dream

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

never will i sit behind someone as lane splitting is legal here..lol...i like having the power of a 1k on freeways

i would like to keep my budget below 20k so well see what kind of deals i can find or get..saw a used 1199s for 18k with 5k miles so checking that out

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2011 ice silver metallic Audi A4
2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007
R6_350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #56
MaxxxEdge
Incredible M@xxxhole

Here you go, OP... win-win... and close to you too...

http://www.proitalia.com/nggallery/p...1/gallery-332/

Old 11-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #57
R6_350z
Living The Dream

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

Quote:

lol thats where i was going to go tomorrow my friend bought the frost evo and another bought an 04 mv agusta f4...they also have the black panigale there

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2011 ice silver metallic Audi A4
2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007
R6_350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #58
m3lover1
Lead3r of the Triads

Bike: Two dirty dirty bikes

Quote:

So sexy.

Proud winner of April 2013 ROTM with a bike that no one likes!

I <3 PASSION MOTORSPORTS

Street/Track Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Ive taken bigger shits than Ricky, but he has personality, so that should count for something......right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
I see my balls are in high demand in terms of cupping
RIP Jason (Snocompton). We will miss you.
m3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #59
MaxxxEdge
Incredible M@xxxhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_350z View Post
lol thats where i was going to go tomorrow my friend bought the frost evo and another bought an 04 mv agusta f4...they also have the black panigale there
They have a Desmo I'm looking at...

Old 11-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #60
MaxxxEdge
Incredible M@xxxhole

I assume you mean this one?
http://www.proitalia.com/nggallery/p...1/gallery-333/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement