ducati 848evo or panigale or stay with the 6?? - Page 7 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #61
R6_350z
Living The Dream

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6
Re: ducati 848evo or panigale or stay with the 6??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxxEdge View Post
They have a Desmo I'm looking at...
they always have a desmo there they had an all cf one i think last year

Quote:
and yes thats the one a little but more than what i would want to pay but dear lord its beautiful

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2011 ice silver metallic Audi A4
2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007
R6_350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #62
MaxxxEdge
Incredible M@xxxhole

Bike: Pasta & Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_350z View Post
they always have a desmo there they had an all cf one i think last year

and yes thats the one a little but more than what i would want to pay but dear lord its beautiful
Actually, they come and go... they usually don't stay there long... I believe PI was one of the top D16RR dealers in the country when they were available new...

"Anal is just like riding a bicycle... Except without the seat." -Mark Spiegler

If you don't hang your balls out there and just do it, you'll never know what might have happened... -- Valentino Rossi

Unlike one made of concrete, the wall of adversity will eventually fall when we exert enough pressure. -- Max Edge

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -- James Dean

sig courtesy of the mega-talented dboyslade
MaxxxEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #63
R6_350z
Living The Dream

Quote:
Actually, they come and go... they usually don't stay there long... I believe PI was one of the top D16RR dealers in the country when they were available new...
i love this place, going there is always a blessing for me haha i just love italian bikes...always thought i could live without one but doesnt seem that way anymore lol

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007
Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #64
Sammy Bono
MY MV EATS MY R6

Bike: The kind you pedal

Ahhh I wouldnt get the black....red and white for the panigale is

Edit: tricolore I mean and an all red one but thats just me

Last edited by Sammy Bono; 11-28-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Sammy Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #65
R6_350z
Living The Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Bono View Post
every panigale ive seen on the street is red didnt know they made a white one besides the tri.....the black is nice though i really like it

yeah the tri is nice but not 27k nice lol never been a fan of tri ducatis

MODS

-Future Mods-

2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007
Old 11-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #66
MaxxxEdge
Incredible M@xxxhole

Bike: Pasta & Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_350z View Post
i love this place, going there is always a blessing for me haha i just love italian bikes...always thought i could live without one but doesnt seem that way anymore lol
Once I went Italian, I never looked back... as I always say, I love my rice, but I will never part with my pasta...

"Anal is just like riding a bicycle... Except without the seat." -Mark Spiegler

If you don't hang your balls out there and just do it, you'll never know what might have happened... -- Valentino Rossi

Unlike one made of concrete, the wall of adversity will eventually fall when we exert enough pressure. -- Max Edge

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -- James Dean

sig courtesy of the mega-talented dboyslade
MaxxxEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #67
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones

Quote:
Says who? Check your facts, Chief... are you really sure there is a 5K service???

Agree. the first service is an oil change at like 615 miles. The next one is at what, like 7500 miles or something. Aside from belts every two years and the valve check, I dont see how its that much more expensive to own than an R6. Sure the parts are a bit more, but so are they on a ferrari vs pretty much any Japanese sports car other than what, the LFA.... You can easily download the service manual to tell you what the services are and when they are due, or talk to a competent dealer. And the valve stuff isnt reallly that hard. And there are multiple youtube videos on how to do it, as well as a couple of forums full of Ducatisti willing and able to help. Maintenance interval is no longer an excuse to not own a Ducati, unless you are misinformed or are using it as a justification as to why you bought something not as fcuking gorgeous.

And who determines if your pal is a great wrench? I did NOT take the courses and can do a desmoquattro valve check/adjustment. And by the way, there is no scheduled 10K checkup either on the 1098/1198...
This.^^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Bono View Post

Edit: tricolore I mean and an all red one but thats just me

There really is nothing wrong with the 848/1098/1198 bikes. I am more than satisfied with mine.
redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #68
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones

Quote:
Once I went Italian, I never looked back... as I always say, I love my rice, but I will never part with my pasta...
I love my sexy Italian mistress. First bike in a long time that I keep up on stuff. I bought a cover for it the firs week I owned it. Took me 6 years to get one for the drag bike. The track bike gets a dirty old sheet....with holes in it.
redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #69
My94GT
Premium Member

one day when i dont live in the city i will splurge for some Italian love

sig by milko
my build thread-
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152740
My94GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #70
05-RSexy
My KTM is partly Orange

Bike: '10 RC8R

Throw the KTM in the mix.

Can be found cheap now. And if you dont mind messing with italian bikes, you wont mind an austrian one.

5000KM's on mine, nary a problem. Besides the infamous oil leak from the filler tube.

Have to say though, the Japs make a good tranny. (in every way possible that could mean )

Current Ride: 2010 KTM RC8R
05-RSexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement