Fuel stabilizer : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Exhaust and fuel delivery

Old 11-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
Tcombs911
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2005 R6
Fuel stabilizer

Its getting winter here and its time to put the bike up . Wanted to get your opinions on which is better, Lucas or Sta-bil. Ive heard the fuel will gel up over winter so im gonna put it in my gas for winter storage!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
MELK-MAN
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes
Re: Fuel stabilizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcombs911 View Post
Its getting winter here and its time to put the bike up . Wanted to get your opinions on which is better, Lucas or Sta-bil. Ive heard the fuel will gel up over winter so im gonna put it in my gas for winter storage!
there are a few threads on this.. just pick one. Best to store the bike with a FULL TANK of fuel as well. Condensation forms in a tank not full as temps go up and down during the day, the water collects at the bottom. Fuel today with ethanol is not as friendly with water as gas years ago was. You need to run the bike a good while to get the fuel stabil through the fuel system as well.. a few minutes of idle or even blipping the throttle is not enough.

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles
www.facebook.com/greg.melka.1
My racin n' ridin youtube vids http://www.youtube.com/user/gregmelka?feature=mhee
MELK-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
OhioYJ
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELK-MAN View Post
You need to run the bike a good while to get the fuel stabil through the fuel system as well.. a few minutes of idle or even blipping the throttle is not enough.
My last few tanks of the year all have Stabil in them, just to make sure it's in the entire system.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Bro, $3. Startron shooter. I sell winterization kits and the startron little shooter bottle does 6 gallons. Don't wind up with a bottle on your shelf of shit you won't use but once a year.

http://mystarbrite.com/startron/

I mean, shit, the website even says it increases power. LOLOLOL

This is all they use at the marina I live near. They go through SHELVES of it man. My boat has been AWESOME every year when we start it up for the first time after it's stored for winter. And we had to rebuild all 3 carbs on it. This stuff has been working so well as an ethanol treatment too, it's been 3 years now and the boat straight up rips for a party boat with a small outboard. It gets out of a dig like no other now!!

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-

Last edited by ChiefSmokeDawg; 11-28-2012 at 12:31 PM.
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
MELK-MAN
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

whatever is your favorite stuff, just keep the tank full if it really is going to sit a good while..

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles
www.facebook.com/greg.melka.1
My racin n' ridin youtube vids http://www.youtube.com/user/gregmelka?feature=mhee
MELK-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
shnormo
Got street appeal?

Bike: '04 and '07 R6
Send a message via AIM to shnormo

Prig, Stabil and Sea Foam. I use whatever is on sale and I've never had a problem with either.
shnormo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:56 AM   #7
wutsup
Yeah Science!

Bike: gixxer chrome edition

I just use the marine stabil ethanol stuff.
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
wutsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #8
Tcombs911
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Bro, $3. Startron shooter. I sell winterization kits and the startron little shooter bottle does 6 gallons. Don't wind up with a bottle on your shelf of shit you won't use but once a year.

http://mystarbrite.com/startron/

I mean, shit, the website even says it increases power. LOLOLOL

This is all they use at the marina I live near. They go through SHELVES of it man. My boat has been AWESOME every year when we start it up for the first time after it's stored for winter. And we had to rebuild all 3 carbs on it. This stuff has been working so well as an ethanol treatment too, it's been 3 years now and the boat straight up rips for a party boat with a small outboard. It gets out of a dig like no other now!!
This sound like good stuff! Here in the east its already 40's day time high, low 20s night . time to put it up until april. thanks for the help guys ill let it run for about 20 mins and ride it around the house for a while to get it in its system.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #9
BigShepp
Tron has corrupted me

Bike: 2005 R6 Raven "Deimos"

Marvel Mystery oil here. Used it on fourwheelers, tractors, lawnmowers, dirtbikes, weedeaters, blowers, and of course, my R6.

You can cycle it through the fuel and add it to the oil, though I'd follow the instructions both ways.

+1 on storing with a full tank.
Proverbs 14:23

“Faster, Faster, Until The Thrill Of Speed Overcomes The Fear Of Death.”
Hunter S. Thompson

"It wasn't until I went to college and I got my first motorcycle that I understood the thrill of speed."
Vin Diesel
BigShepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement