You know you're addicted to riding when... - Page 39 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 11-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #381
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: You know you're addicted to riding when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post
I always take the racing line through the office.

I pretended and practiced GP shift downshifts back and forth in the hallway every single smoke break for weeks leading up to my second trackday when I realized I had to have rearsets and run GP shift.

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-

Last edited by ChiefSmokeDawg; 11-28-2012 at 02:31 PM.
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #382
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
When you've been running GP shift so long, that any dirtbike or quad I get on I've got To make a conscious effort To remember it's 1 down, 4+up...

I was slamming gears on a TRX450 last weekend, almost went over The handlebars 3-4 Gear...
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #383
RSICKS ATL
Get you some!

Bike: 08 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
When you've been running GP shift so long, that any dirtbike or quad I get on I've got To make a conscious effort To remember it's 1 down, 4+up...

I was slamming gears on a TRX450 last weekend, almost went over The handlebars 3-4 Gear...
That's funny

Sent while riding my R6. o_O
2008 R6 Raven - Mods - Bauce Racing ECU Flash : Gutted header : MJS Mid-pipe : Carbon Scorpion Powercone slip-on : -1 Front Sprocket : AGG Smog Block Offs : BMC Street Filter : TechSpec Snakeskin tank grips : MotoDynamic Smoked Integrated tail light : Smoked LED flush mounts : LP Racing No-Cut Frame Sliders : Swingarm Spools : Renthal Road Race Dual Compounds : Graves Billet Bar-ends : 07 Black wheels : Powder-coated rearsets : Smoked windscreen : 3000k Hi/8000k Low HIDs : Fender Eliminator with LED tag bolts : AGG Rear Reservoir Delete : AGG Angled Valve Stems : Battlax S20s

RSICKS ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #384
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post

When you get on a dirtbike or any other machine and don't have to think of the shift pattern anymore. That's beyond obsessed!!!

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #385
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
When you get on a dirtbike or any other machine and don't have to think of the shift pattern anymore. That's beyond obsessed!!!
guess I'm just dumb...

I ride everything, but don't get Out in The dirt nearly as much as I'd like... GP shift is second nature these days... I'm losing standard...
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #386
r6cali
R6

Bike: R6

''
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W6 View Post
...you ignore the texts from a horny drunk chick that wants to come over and f###, so you can finish putting some bodywork on for a ride tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrewer323 View Post
Know how I know your gay?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

r6cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #387
radiostar
make it a double

Bike: 2011 gsxr600

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post

I pretended and practiced GP shift downshifts back and forth in the hallway every single smoke break for weeks leading up to my second trackday when I realized I had to have rearsets and run GP shift.

Do you need to have GP shift to be of any competition on a track day? Im just about to start track (this Spring) and i dont run GP shift. Ive been getting my bike track prepped and just bought Driven d-axis rearsets so I COULD do the conversion if needed, but I was not aware this was a must-get. Can you shed light on this?

Thanks

/threadjack

Oh, and you know your addicting to riding when you dont even own an r6 anymore yet you still are active on the forums...

"Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it." -Augustine

Last edited by radiostar; 11-28-2012 at 07:02 PM.
radiostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #388
Rocky5000100
I eat my R6

Bike: 2003 Track SV650, 05 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiostar View Post
Do you need to have GP shift to be of any competition on a track day? Im just about to start track (this Spring) and i dont run GP shift. Ive been getting my bike track prepped and just bought Driven d-axis rearsets so I COULD do the conversion if needed, but I was not aware this was a must-get. Can you shed light on this?

Oh, and you know your addicting to riding when you dont even own an r6 anymore yet you still are active on the forums...
Gp shift is not required lol. He just switched cause it makes sense on some tracks like NJMP
Old 11-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #389
radiostar
make it a double

Bike: 2011 gsxr600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky5000100 View Post
Gp shift is not required lol. He just switched cause it makes sense on some tracks like NJMP
Good to know. Thanks for the quick reply. I see a lot of track riders going GP shift so I was beginning to wonder...

"Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it." -Augustine

radiostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:04 AM   #390
Romeo 6
Hey watch this...FLW

Bike: 2009 R6

-when you ignore a 40% chance of rain, get caught in it and then get pissed at mother nature
-when buying mods is second to paying bills
-when you walk out to the garage for no reason to make sure she didnt vanish
-when a car full of girls pulls up shootin you a smile and wavin and you rev it to redline and then laugh at them cuz they thought it was for them

Hope none of these are repeats

Last edited by Romeo 6; 11-29-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Romeo 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement