Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ - Page 122 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Exhaust and fuel delivery

Old 11-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #1211
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by veck View Post
I loaded up the new software today to look at the changes and updated maps and the first thing I noticed was how different the throttle maps are. The race throttle map looks less agressive than the factory stock map.
Their maps were unrideable with the way they progressed as you held steady throttle.

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #1212
Tropicoz
I eat my R6

OK. So looking at this map, what can you all tell me about it? Good/bad/ugly.....teh best? What characteristics does this map contain? Is it more for the street or track?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	draft.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	336.4 KB
ID:	86939  

Last edited by Tropicoz; 11-28-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Tropicoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #1213
toysareforboys
Two Bro's=ORGASM *nohomo*

Bike: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicoz View Post
OK. So looking at this map, what can you all tell me about it? Good/bad/ugly.....teh best? What characteristics does this map contain? Is it more for the street or track?
I would call that my "track" map, because it's perfectly linear. Works great for mid corner throttle maintenance and is compatible with quick turn throttle assemblies.

My "street" map is much more aggressive

-Jamie M.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #1214
toysareforboys

Ok peeps, need your help

I flashed a bike (super far away from me, mailed me ECU), 2007 R6, USA version (verified with picture of ignition cylinder).

Flashed with the latest version of the software (1.5.2.0 or something):

I used the built in map in the new software (they've done a lot of tweaking), then just loaded the MJS fuel map, did my throttle tweaks, that's it.

Customer got the ECU back, put it in bike, doesn't start. It cranks good, but doesn't fire. Getting code 50 (bad ECU) and 46 (bad fuel injection) flashing where the coolant temp normally is

The ONLY thing I did different with his bike, versus the other 65 I've flashed is that, in the new software, I calibrated his speedo for his custom sprockets (as can bee seen in the above image). I sure damn hope that's not the issue

Anyone seen anything like this?

-Jamie M.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #1215
toysareforboys

Ok, I just got off the phone with Flash-Tune. Bad news.

HUGE PROBLEMS WITH 1.5.1.0 AND 1.5.2.0!

He said lots of problems with it corrupting ECU's!!!

Version 1.5.3.0 (release two days ago) corrects the issue

Son of a bitch

-Jamie M.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #1216
Tropicoz
I eat my R6

I had the same thing happen with my first flash attempt a couple weeks ago. I just gave it another go around and it stuck. I've since downloaded the newest software, sbut I haven't flashed anything yet. I'll most likely flash the map I've been working on and see if it all goes well.

Speaking of which, I used your track map as a template to make my own above. I moved the 100% throttle up the rev range a bit just because it seemed a bit early to be hitting at 6500rpm. Do you see any inherent problems with it the way it sits? What improvements would you suggest, if any? Also, I know Chief has said that timing is aggressive with the flash tune maps, but do I need to adjust any timing since I adjusted the throttle map? Thanks!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #1217
toysareforboys

Quote:
Speaking of which, I used your track map as a template to make my own above. I moved the 100% throttle up the rev range a bit just because it seemed a bit early to be hitting at 6500rpm. Do you see any inherent problems with it the way it sits? What improvements would you suggest, if any? Also, I know Chief has said that timing is aggressive with the flash tune maps, but do I need to adjust any timing since I adjusted the throttle map? Thanks!
Flash-tune has WAY backed off the ignition timing in all of their new maps (that come with 1.5.1 and above), so, as long as you made your map from one of the built in maps, you're golden. If you used a downloaded map, I would suggest against it.

If you mess with the throttle table you don't need to worry about the ignition timing, as it's tied to the throttle value and RPM, everything will work fine.

No issues running 100% down that low for me, but who knows without back to back dyno runs to see if opening it that early is hurting power at all.

Looks good, good luck with the flash

What fuel map you going to put in it? MJS per gear 250RPM? Don't forget to click Apply after you import it

-Jamie M.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #1218
OhioYJ
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
Ok peeps, need your help
Customer got the ECU back, put it in bike, doesn't start. It cranks good, but doesn't fire. Getting code 50 (bad ECU) and 46 (bad fuel injection) flashing where the coolant temp normally is

Anyone seen anything like this?
Quote:
HUGE PROBLEMS WITH 1.5.1.0 AND 1.5.2.0!

He said lots of problems with it corrupting ECU's!!!

Version 1.5.3.0 (release two days ago) corrects the issue
Quote:
I had the same thing happen with my first flash attempt a couple weeks ago. I just gave it another go around and it stuck
Took several flashes for me, happened to my bike as well. After a few flashes I was starting to worry my ECU was toast, I have posts in here about it actually, buried somewhere at this point. I believe I did have to flash back to stock with the new software, then flash what I wanted with the old software to get mine back. The ECU was able to be reflashed though.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #1219
toysareforboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
The ECU was able to be reflashed though.
That's good news. Makes me worried about all the ECU's I've mailed out in the last few weeks. Prior to that I was always using 1.2.2.0. That'll teach me for using the updated software damn.

-Jamie M.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #1220
Tropicoz
I eat my R6

Quote:
What fuel map you going to put in it? MJS per gear 250RPM? Don't forget to click Apply after you import it

-Jamie M.
I have a Bazzaz AFM so I'll run it as is until I get the chance to fine tune on track. Unfortunately that won't be until early spring when I have it all put back together for next years race season!
And yes, I used the 91+ map from their most recent software update, so I should be golden in that respect!

Last edited by Tropicoz; 11-29-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Tropicoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement