I still love her....but a cold start on these bikes are pathetic : / - Page 7 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 11-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #61
Blade-Brown
I eat my R6

Bike: 09 R6 - 08 RR (SOLD)
Re: I still love her....but a cold start on these bikes are pathetic : /

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacmanR6 View Post
As a note, my 09 Street R6 (owned since new) has ZERO problems or hesitation when starting cold, 1 second start even now in 40 degree weather after sitting for 2 weeks, my 09 track R6 (bought used a year ago) pretty much always takes a second longer to start in comparison, and the idle is bouncier (hovers between a 300rpm range, street bike idle barely moves) though I attribute this to one of the coils impedance being almost out of spec. As far as idle being too low, i don't really understand this statement or opinion, as I have zero problems accelerating from a stop at any speed, whether for crawling traffic to launches. I can't help but think these people need to work on their fundamentals more.
Hmmmm...even though my battery is brand new maybe I should have cyclegear load test it and top it off just to eliminate that. But then why are so many people on here stating that they are noticing the same symptoms/characteristics on cold start? When your 09 street R6 starts right up, does it cold choke and lower down? Or just start and stay at 1500-1200?

2009 R6 Black/Charcoal
BAUCE Tune - BMC Track filter

2008 CBR 600RR Graffiti (SOLD)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...8-19174402.jpg
2001 F4i (I miss you, please write)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...8/DSCN0852.jpg
Blade-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #62
Blade-Brown
I eat my R6

Bike: 09 R6 - 08 RR (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpocket293 View Post
Holy shit, I'm here for the gang bang.
Lol. I love this comment. And this thread. So entertaining.

2009 R6 Black/Charcoal
BAUCE Tune - BMC Track filter

2008 CBR 600RR Graffiti (SOLD)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...8-19174402.jpg
2001 F4i (I miss you, please write)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...8/DSCN0852.jpg

Last edited by Blade-Brown; 11-29-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Blade-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #63
PacmanR6
Vroommm

Bike: White Rice
Send a message via AIM to PacmanR6

I'm baby sitting the nephew atm, when my sister comes by to pick him up I'll go out and start her up and check for you. I never paid a second's notice to my street bikes start up until I picked up the track bike and sounded like something was off.
PacmanR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #64
Sammy Bono
MY MV EATS MY R6

Bike: The kind you pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinsungmin View Post
what color is your 08 600rr ?

I have a 08 R6 yellow with flames... 8k miles on the clock.

wanna trade ?

mines starts right up as well.. I just checked ... I had not started up my bike for over 2 weeks and its 30's to 40's weather here in NYC. turned the key to the on position and hit the start button and within 2 secs..bike starts right up.
Pm sent...One of them even has an akrapovic pipe
Old 11-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #65
Sammy Bono
MY MV EATS MY R6

Bike: The kind you pedal

Can your R6 do cartwheels and still live to ride another day? Pickpockets and mine do!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #66
Jrjones
Eh?

Bike: '08 C.E. R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade-Brown View Post
This bothers me for two reasons.
1) The bike cold cranks for 4+ seconds, embarrassing. Feels and sounds like a beater bike that can't start.

2) There's obviously not oil/lubrication in all of the moving parts in cold motor. Cranking this long with 0 psi as well as all the chatter I hear coupled with the motor's characteristic of having low oil psi really doesn't sit well with me.

Any words of wisdom? Does your 08+ do this? Any education on what I've said here would be greatly appreciated!
Try changing your battery. When I bought my '08, it had 1300 KM on it, and after a week of sitting the battery would be dead. If I rode it everyday it would start (although a little weak).

I put a new battery in it that winter (of '08). Never had any issues cranking, starts within 2-3 seconds. I had it outside when I went to uni in the freezing, and the rain, and it never hesitated to start properly.

My cold idle speed is somewhere around 1800rpm and then drops to 1200-1300 when warm.
No more noticeable engine chatter than normal for a Yamaha.

My bike has been down (its a rebuild).
I would change the battery (or see if you can borrow one from somebody for a test).

For the oil, double check your oil level, if my level is below the halfway marking on the dipstick (still acceptable), I will have the oil pressure light come on if I go a bit too hard before everything is completely warmed up.
Jrjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #67
Fallis
Meh

Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridick_bowen View Post
Making popcorn in microwave now.
This is my favorite post of the day.
Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #68
honda4life05
But I ride a Yamaha!

Bike: 11' Red Raven

My 11' with under 500 miles does pretty much the same thing. by no means am I complaining becasue within a miniute the bike is pretty much warmed up and acting like it should. I just wonder how much an ECU flash will help with cold starts. anyone flashed their ecu?
Old 11-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #69
Tribalic One
This is bat country!

Bike: 2005 white/red R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade-Brown View Post
Yep you read em all right?! You sound like an uneducated redneck from Arkansas? Oh wait...

oh the irony... Keyboard warriors are always great at making assumptions. You to will fall off the forum here in a few weeks just like every other ass-clown who has passed through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridick_bowen View Post
Making popcorn in microwave now.
I always have some to share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK56DEHAN View Post
The point of this thread was because he was upset about the cold start characteristics of the R6 and was worried and wanted to ensure his is "good to go" and similar to others. He never said the bike was pathetic...he said the cold start was pathetic, way to take it out of context. As for the 600rr comment, they are great bikes and that is what he owned prior to. What else would he compare to? Maybe his car...ya that sounds about right. Move the ***** on my friend.
The force is strong with this noob. Is it spring already?!

He is referencing an aspect of the bike as being pathetic, therefore would he not be stating his bike is pathetic. I'll assure you, this is not a pissing match of what bike is better. They all have their pros/cons, and I've experienced most of those. My reason for making a statement, is so far the only threads the OP has made is him bitching and moaning about his R6. He can keep that shit with his momma.

We're all happy to help a fellow forum member/rider to the best of our abilities. Pissing, moaning, and general douche baggery can find their way to the door. You will learn this as well, if you learn the ways of the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheefar6 View Post
i think tghe only douchebag here would be you, why you buy a bike when you have nothing but complaints about the very way it was ENGINEERED.

I'm thinking we're averaging about one of these guys a month here lately. Maybe two this month. The jury is still out on VK56.
:rook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpocket293 View Post
Holy shit, I'm here for the gang bang.
I knew you would be here before to long. I brought the lube today! Au naturale

Last edited by Tribalic One; 11-30-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Tribalic One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #70
Tribalic One
This is bat country!

Bike: 2005 white/red R6

I'll leave this here for our new members.

How not to fail on the R6 forum

Number 11 is very important.
Tribalic One is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement