Datalog and LCD show TPS losing throttle % after 14k - Page 3 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 11-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #21
livetoride33
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Re: Datalog and LCD show TPS losing throttle % after 14k

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheefar6 View Post
no way for an outside source to tune the ecu perfect without dyno/test runs.

you said you would really just like to get rid of that 80% limitation, and as far as i know the only way to do that would be to re-flash the ECU, then you could have a tuner fine tune the ecu itself, or you the autotune software you have to dial everything in at that point, with the ability to go WOT.

imho the bauce tune is perfect for street/track rider, but if your experienced racer, you may need to tune the tune to get the best result if you know what i mean.
im sure chief realizes this so his tune is very well priced, and from what ive heard/read everyone has nothing but good things to say. my ecu is actually on its way to Ant atm =]
Thanks for the input.

I wish I was an experienced racer...I'm just a wrench turner and weekend datalogger...even that is a stretch. I am trying to buy the misses a new car right now...but if the 6 doesnt sell for a decent price, i may ride it more this spring. Since I am socal, spring is about mid january...lol

Bauce, get back to me on price. Your minions are steering me in that direction...
livetoride33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #22
M.leeds11R6
Red Rocket

Bike: 2011 R6 (Red/Black Raven)
Send a message via Skype™ to M.leeds11R6

I've seen so many different opinions/options in regards to ECU flashing it is unreal. I hadn't ever heard of Bauce until I joined the forum (still pretty new,) but I personally bought the ECU module from Flashtune and haven't looked back. Flashed the ECU restrictions myself, loaded a baseline map for my setup, and then took it the guy that has tuned my bike before and had him work out the bugs.

The module runs for $350 bucks and you can flash the 06-13 r6's and the 07-08 R1's.
Not putting Bauce out of the picture, but I tried sending my ECU to JETTuning and didn't have the best results in the world, and since my bike is my only vehicle at the moment, couldn't afford the down time of shipping it out again, which is why I went with Flashtune.

Current Mods:
-Driven -1/+2 520 kit
-Termignoni GP Slip w/Arrow headers
-K&N filter
-BAUCE Racing ECU Flash
-GP Shift
-CRG Shorty Levers
-Crown Moto CF Mids & Seat Cowl
-Gel Seat
-Frame sliders
-Hotbodies windscreen (black)
-Yoshimura tag relocator bracket
-8K HID's
-Integrated rear tail lights
-Flush mounts
-Red D-3 grips w/Black Bar Ends
M.leeds11R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #23
Blade-Brown
I eat my R6

Bike: 09 R6 - 08 RR (SOLD)

M.leeds11R6 thanks that is definitely an option for some! I too only have my bike as my sole mode of transportation currently. With Bauce out in NJ and me in AZ, I figured there wouldn't be a large enough time gap in which I could ship him my ECU (be without it)! But after communicating with Anthony (da Bauce) personally, he is working out a quick turn around for me as I'll be in SoCal for 6 days. A 5-6 day turn around to ship an ECU from the west coast, flash it and ship it back is customer service.THAT is what sold me on doing it. Well that, and he has a tons of threads with happy customers...that in itself vouches for his work. I'll post a full write-up after the Holidays of the tune. Getting a -1 front sprocket and BMC race filter as well (which the ECU will be tuned for)

2009 R6 Black/Charcoal
BAUCE Tune - BMC Track filter

2008 CBR 600RR Graffiti (SOLD)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...8-19174402.jpg
2001 F4i (I miss you, please write)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...8/DSCN0852.jpg
Blade-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #24
M.leeds11R6
Red Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade-Brown View Post
M.leeds11R6 thanks that is definitely an option for some! I too only have my bike as my sole mode of transportation currently. With Bauce out in NJ and me in AZ, I figured there wouldn't be a large enough time gap in which I could ship him my ECU (be without it)! But after communicating with Anthony (da Bauce) personally, he is working out a quick turn around for me as I'll be in SoCal for 6 days. A 5-6 day turn around to ship an ECU from the west coast, flash it and ship it back is customer service.THAT is what sold me on doing it. Well that, and he has a tons of threads with happy customers...that in itself vouches for his work. I'll post a full write-up after the Holidays of the tune. Getting a -1 front sprocket and BMC race filter as well (which the ECU will be tuned for)
Very nice indeed! JETT is in Cali, Im stationed in Florida, I was without my ECU for almost a week, and I thought I was going to kill myself without my bike and having to ask for rides to work every day

I'm going to get my full exhaust (graves), and -1/+2 sprockets when I get back from the desert.

If I could make a suggestion, I would go -1/+2 over just -1 anyday. I had the -1 previously, and disliked it so much that I went back to stock gearing on 520. It only increased the acceleration slightly, and doing pulls from the top of powerband on in a higher gear there was just nothing there, and my bike only topped out at about 135. the +2 in the rear helps to maintain some of the top end, while also increasing the acceleration with the -1.

Just my $.02 though

Current Mods:
-Driven -1/+2 520 kit
-K&N filter
-BAUCE Racing ECU Flash
-GP Shift
-CRG Shorty Levers
-Gel Seat
-Frame sliders
-8K HID's
-Integrated rear tail lights
-Flush mounts
-Red D-3 grips w/Black Bar Ends
M.leeds11R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #25
Blade-Brown
I eat my R6

Bike: 09 R6 - 08 RR (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.leeds11R6 View Post
If I could make a suggestion, I would go -1/+2 over just -1 anyday. I had the -1 previously, and disliked it so much that I went back to stock gearing on 520. It only increased the acceleration slightly, and doing pulls from the top of powerband on in a higher gear there was just nothing there, and my bike only topped out at about 135. the +2 in the rear helps to maintain some of the top end, while also increasing the acceleration with the -1.
Very Interesting. I was iff'y on changing either sprocket from stock to begin with but figured the -1 up front would give me a noticeable feel while keeping the stock chain and rear 46 tooth. You really disliked it that bad to revert to stock gearing? I'm almost tempted to keep the stock gearing as I commute on this bike. Any other experiences from anyone who has gone just -1 up front?

2009 R6 Black/Charcoal
BAUCE Tune - BMC Track filter

2008 CBR 600RR Graffiti (SOLD)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...8-19174402.jpg
2001 F4i (I miss you, please write)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...8/DSCN0852.jpg
Blade-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #26
M.leeds11R6
Red Rocket

**Stock rear is 45 teeth**
Don't get me wrong, -1 is noticable, but minimal. It was pretty annoying getting beat by my daily riding buddies that I would noramlly wax, even from like a 60 roll.

I thought it was just me for a little while, and then talked to some guys in the group I track with that confirmed my suspisions that going JUST -1 in the front is a waste as compared to going -1/+2. My weekend riding buddy has a stock R6 -1/+2 with a speedo healer, and he's topped out 155, and he pulls me pretty much the whole way there.

Current Mods:
-Driven -1/+2 520 kit
-K&N filter
-BAUCE Racing ECU Flash
-GP Shift
-CRG Shorty Levers
-Gel Seat
-Frame sliders