» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 11-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #21
StockBiker
Make noise.

Bike: The kind with pedals...
Re: Bugatti Veyron? Pshhh that's child's play.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by D DEEZY View Post
And in the end, Hennessy is still a douchbag.
^^^^This.

Good luck to anyone who buys it, and God forbid anything goes wrong with it.

Drawing by me, sig by GIJoe007.
StockBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #22
S3aturnR
track junkie

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

a backwoods kit-car ripoff of a lotus with an oversized engine is hardly comparable to a world-class design and cutting edge technology and state of the art manufacturing techniques and parts.

sure, the venom may be fast. but, in my opinion, it may as well be made of legos...

s3aturnr
S3aturnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #23
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockBiker View Post
^^^^This.

Good luck to anyone who buys it, and God forbid anything goes wrong with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3aturnR View Post
a backwoods kit-car ripoff of a lotus with an oversized engine is hardly comparable to a world-class design and cutting edge technology and state of the art manufacturing techniques and parts.

sure, the venom may be fast. but, in my opinion, it may as well be made of legos...

s3aturnr

If you want and american supercar, pick up and S7

I dunno, I like a lot of cars that arent that fast, and I respect a lot of cars that are, but this one has me not wanting to do either. I like the lotus, even if its slow in comparison, and I like the Vette, but I just and not a big fan of this. I am not a Veyron lover either, though. Honestly, as far as supercars go, Im not sure I need anything other than a Ford GT... Or that Eagle Speedster off the XKE design. Those are beautiful, timless, amazing cars as well. Sure, they dont have 1244 hp and dont go 200 bajillion mph, but where can you realistically go more than 140 or so, and thats stretching it? And it really doesnt sound all that impressive for a cool $1million. The SLS AMG sound is DRAMATICALLY awesomer. Now that is a truly awesome car that makes my shorts tight.

Im not sure cars get more beautiful and super than this....

Both are all of the super I need in a supercar.
redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #24
m3lover1
Sherman Connoisseur

Bike: Two dirty dirty bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post

If you want and american supercar, pick up and S7

I dunno, I like a lot of cars that arent that fast, and I respect a lot of cars that are, but this one has me not wanting to do either. I like the lotus, even if its slow in comparison, and I like the Vette, but I just and not a big fan of this. I am not a Veyron lover either, though. Honestly, as far as supercars go, Im not sure I need anything other than a Ford GT... Or that Eagle Speedster off the XKE design. Those are beautiful, timless, amazing cars as well. Sure, they dont have 1244 hp and dont go 200 bajillion mph, but where can you realistically go more than 140 or so, and thats stretching it? And it really doesnt sound all that impressive for a cool $1million. The SLS AMG sound is DRAMATICALLY awesomer. Now that is a truly awesome car that makes my shorts tight.

Im not sure cars get more beautiful and super than this....

Both are all of the super I need in a supercar.
That ass...

Proud winner of April 2013 ROTM with a bike that no one likes!

I <3 PASSION MOTORSPORTS

Street/Track Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Ive taken bigger shits than Ricky, but he has personality, so that should count for something......right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
I see my balls are in high demand in terms of cupping
RIP Jason (Snocompton). We will miss you.
m3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #25
BigShepp
Tron has corrupted me

Bike: 2005 R6 Raven "Deimos"
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3aturnR View Post

s3aturnr
You have to understand what each car is built for.

The Veyron is a 4000lb monster. It's only use is in a straight line. The engineering behind it is new and impressive, but it's a luxury car; not a racer.

The venom is a street legal track demon. This thing is light with a ton of power and the ability to turn. It isn't built for top speed, because realistically you'll never get to that speed in circuit racing. The venom is far more conventional in its engineering, but simpler is often better.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Proverbs 14:23

“Faster, Faster, Until The Thrill Of Speed Overcomes The Fear Of Death.”
Hunter S. Thompson

"It wasn't until I went to college and I got my first motorcycle that I understood the thrill of speed."
Vin Diesel
BigShepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #26
LiveFastDieLast
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 09 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardRacing. View Post
I have no hair so this one will be perfect.

Keep your Knees in the Breeze
"Only two types of Whiskey I don't like, Dick and Throttle" - A Wise Man.
LiveFastDieLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #27
LiveFastDieLast
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 09 R6

How about 7.5L V12 making 750HP ( most hp from a naturally aspirated v12 )
Hand Made Aluminum Body and a Hand made 100% Carbon Monocoque Chassis. F1 push rod suspension.

It is said to have a Faster Top Speed then the Veron, But since VW owns the track there is NO chance Aston will get the chance to rip it there.

Keep your Knees in the Breeze
"Only two types of Whiskey I don't like, Dick and Throttle" - A Wise Man.
LiveFastDieLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #28
gsxcorey
Riding his own ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShepp View Post
The Veyron is a 4000lb monster. It's only use is in a straight line. The engineering behind it is new and impressive, but it's a luxury car; not a racer.

The venom is a street legal track demon. This thing is light with a ton of power and the ability to turn. It isn't built for top speed, because realistically you'll never get to that speed in circuit racing. The venom is far more conventional in its engineering, but simpler is often better.
You should look at the top gear track times. The veyron can hold it's own on the track.

Check us out on Facebook too.
gsxcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #29
BigShepp
Tron has corrupted me

Bike: 2005 R6 Raven "Deimos"
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
You should look at the top gear track times. The veyron can hold it's own on the track.
Against what though? I'm sure it's faster than all but the best of the supercars because of the AWD system and its transmission, but I would wager the venom is far faster around the track.

Even if the Veyron is faster, the venom is a tenth of the price. Cost vs performance the venom wins in every category. (It's subjective, but that conclusion seems reasonable.)

Proverbs 14:23

“Faster, Faster, Until The Thrill Of Speed Overcomes The Fear Of Death.”
Hunter S. Thompson

"It wasn't until I went to college and I got my first motorcycle that I understood the thrill of speed."
Vin Diesel
BigShepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #30
Mac7504
I'm in love with the coco

Bike: 08 R6S + 08 R6LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShepp View Post
Against what though? I'm sure it's faster than all but the best of the supercars because of the AWD system and its transmission, but I would wager the venom is far faster around the track.

Even if the Veyron is faster, the venom is a tenth of the price. Cost vs performance the venom wins in every category. (It's subjective, but that conclusion seems reasonable.)

I will agree on price point though, it has that.

I wouldn't; the stopping power alone makes up a LOT of time on the track (Veyron)...The car is very very stable in the corners as well; too much technology for the Venom to overcome...imo

On paper Hennessey cars look the shit, but they can NEVER put down that power, I've seen it first hand...(yes, I have).
Mac7504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement