» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 11-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #31
BigShepp
Tron has corrupted me

Bike: 2005 R6 Raven "Deimos"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac7504 View Post
I will agree on price point though, it has that.

I wouldn't; the stopping power alone makes up a LOT of time on the track (Veyron)...The car is very very stable in the corners as well; too much technology for the Venom to overcome...imo

On paper Hennessey cars look the shit, but they can NEVER put down that power, I've seen it first hand...(yes, I have).
Guess we'll have to wait until they get on the track together.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Proverbs 14:23

“Faster, Faster, Until The Thrill Of Speed Overcomes The Fear Of Death.”
Hunter S. Thompson

"It wasn't until I went to college and I got my first motorcycle that I understood the thrill of speed."
Vin Diesel
BigShepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #32
Mac7504
I'm in love with the coco

Bike: 08 R6S + 08 R6LE
Re: Bugatti Veyron? Pshhh that's child's play.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShepp View Post
Against what though? I'm sure it's faster than all but the best of the supercars because of the AWD system and its transmission, but I would wager the venom is far faster around the track.

Even if the Veyron is faster, the venom is a tenth of the price. Cost vs performance the venom wins in every category. (It's subjective, but that conclusion seems reasonable.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShepp View Post
Guess we'll have to wait until they get on the track together.

...:drool:!!!
Mac7504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #33
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones

They venom costs a million dollars, so unless the veyron costs 10 million, the venom isnt a tenth of the price.

And what you're all forgetting is that when you roll up in a Veyron, you are THE man. When you roll up in a Venom, people will tell you they like your Lotus...
redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #34
Mac7504

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
They venom costs a million dollars, so unless the veyron costs 10 million, the venom isnt a tenth of the price.

And what you're all forgetting is that when you roll up in a Veyron, you are THE man. When you roll up in a Venom, people will tell you they like your Lotus...
I didn't even look....HHAHAHAHAH I'd still get a Veyron in this case...

And ...Pig in the silk hat?

I couldn't fit in a :Lotus anyway... shit come to my hip...lol
Old 11-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #35
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
I didn't even look....HHAHAHAHAH I'd still get a Veyron in this case...

And ...Pig in the silk hat?

I couldn't fit in a :Lotus anyway... shit come to my hip...lol

Besides, comparing these two cars is kinda dumb. The Veyron is a FAR better car for a lot of reasons, and represents the pinnacle of technological achievement in a car. There have been cars faster than both for a great many years, so from a performance standpoint, neither is really all that much of a bargain.

And putting a tuner car against something drawn from scratch that employed the best and brightest minds to create something from nothing is a far more impressive achievement than some tool that takes a car he didnt design and cramming in a big motor he didnt design and making it go fast. Its like racing your 300ZX around a track as fast as an F430. Sure you're as fast, but you still spent a lot of money and you have a 300ZX to show for it. In the end, the Ferrari guy is still going to shag your woman while you talk about your blowoff valve to the zero people that will care about it because theyre busy taking in the lines of the Ferrari and watching some slut getting fcuked on its hood.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #36
Mac7504

Quote:

Besides, comparing these two cars is kinda dumb. The Veyron is a FAR better car for a lot of reasons, and represents the pinnacle of technological achievement in a car. There have been cars faster than both for a great many years, so from a performance standpoint, neither is really all that much of a bargain.

And putting a tuner car against something drawn from scratch that employed the best and brightest minds to create something from nothing is a far more impressive achievement than some tool that takes a car he didnt design and cramming in a big motor he didnt design and making it go fast. Its like racing your 300ZX around a track as fast as an F430. Sure you're as fast, but you still spent a lot of money and you have a 300ZX to show for it. In the end, the Ferrari guy is still going to shag your woman while you talk about your blowoff valve to the zero people that will care about it because theyre busy taking in the lines of the Ferrari and watching some slut getting fcuked on its hood.
win, and win....I agree on all fronts...

What was I told years ago when I started fixing up cars; "you can make that shit fast but in the end all you have is a fast POS"...
Old 11-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #37
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
win, and win....I agree on all fronts...

What was I told years ago when I started fixing up cars; "you can make that shit fast but in the end all you have is a fast POS"...
The truth is all a form of perspective I guess, but if my perspective included the interior of the Veyron (a car Im honestly not crazy about), I wouldn't even look at a Venom. Maybe an Agera or a Hyura or even a Zonda or something like that....

But I digress, these cars, while fast, lack that sense of soul that makes a supercar super. My litmus test involves thinking about whether 15 year old me would put a poster of the car up on my bedroom wall and lusting after it daily. The Venom just isnt going on my wall.

Now the McClaren F1.... Now there is a truly amazing car. Same with the F50, or even the F40....
Old 11-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #38
Mac7504

Quote:
The truth is all a form of perspective I guess, but if my perspective included the interior of the Veyron (a car Im honestly not crazy about), I wouldn't even look at a Venom. Maybe an Agera or a Hyura or even a Zonda or something like that....

But I digress, these cars, while fast, lack that sense of soul that makes a supercar super. My litmus test involves thinking about whether 15 year old me would put a poster of the car up on my bedroom wall and lusting after it daily. The Venom just isnt going on my wall.

Now the McClaren F1.... Now there is a truly amazing car. Same with the F50, or even the F40....
The sounds that the Pagani Zonda is simply enough for me to call it a winner (at least to me)......I'd have to say that when I first saw the Veyron, I thought it was the ugliest piece to me, ever, but once I saw that thing hold sweet lines on a few tracks, I was blown away that the big monster just looked soo stable. I enjoy the sounds of the engine rather than what I'd have on my wall, which is why I absolutely love the 430 Scud!!! I'd have that over all the others, which doesn't make sense to most, but it's just the one for me (well, if I were wealthy enough to have one or two).

The McClaren F1 (middle seater)?
Old 11-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #39
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
The sounds that the Pagani Zonda is simply enough for me to call it a winner (at least to me)......I'd have to say that when I first saw the Veyron, I thought it was the ugliest piece to me, ever, but once I saw that thing hold sweet lines on a few tracks, I was blown away that the big monster just looked soo stable. I enjoy the sounds of the engine rather than what I'd have on my wall, which is why I absolutely love the 430 Scud!!! I'd have that over all the others, which doesn't make sense to most, but it's just the one for me (well, if I were wealthy enough to have one or two).

The McClaren F1 (middle seater)?
You put a question mark at the end of a sentence that included McClaren F1. The F1 is never a question, it is the answer.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #40
Mac7504

Quote:
You put a question mark at the end of a sentence that included McClaren F1. The F1 is never a question, it is the answer.

BAHHAHAHAHAA A friend was trying to tell me about a new Mc F1 but he said it wasn't the middle seater form, so dunno...You care for the Merc McClaren?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement